Black Lightsaber Crystal?

Master_McBain

lack lightsabers (full black) are non-fanon

they were added for "coolness" factor and are imo dumb. while some would like them, they dont belong, because they are not fanon, and in this case, fanon wins over canon, becuase canon was made that way to make money.

no black, sorry

it's trying to communicate... O_o

And which is wieldable by non-Force-sensitives. That was really the most interresting part about that whole thing.

Well, back in the 80's when the West End RPG was popular, it was kind of implied that many nobles had "dueling sabers" that were kind of like... light-rapiers. But it was VERY hard to use one without the Force, so a noble that was proficient with one was considered really cool. But, when the Empire wiped out all the Jedi, they didn't even want to have the suggestion that there were still Jedi around, so they banned all "light" weapons.

Now, I'm sure this is no longer canon, but still, it's from around the same time frame as the Darksaber, so it bears mentioning.

• 3 months later...
To have a black LIGHTsaber is completely off for black is mainly an absence of light. Don't get me wrong, i like the color scheme with it all, but it's just now everyone only wants/has a black color lightsaber in game.

If you have played KOTOR 2, then you should know the 2 color crystals in that game that should be put on here. The Silver crystal, and one of my favorites, the Veridian crystal (dark green is ******). I also mainly want the original looking crystals cause i like to read the lores sometimes and the color of each crystal has a meaning of why that jedi/sith has it.

To find a meaning of orange, purple, silver, veridian, cyan, etc. That's something we should think of........

VERIDIAN

There are meanings for most.

Purple...according to lore, only existed because when Windu was creating his lightsaber he was filled with an odd duality of justice and anger...hence why his lightsaber form of choice was Juyo (a stance that by the lore was only taught to very very few Jedi due tot he fact it relies upon embracing the emotions caused by battle). Technically speaking...only Windu could ever have a purple saber, all others with purple are non-canon.

Silver was given to Jedi that stood above and beyond the norm, they stood their ground and stared corruption in the face without waivering, the process of creating a silver gem was long and complicated taking a master quite a while (the time has never been stated but implied months) of meditation upon a crystal within a crystal forge. The recipient would be handed the crystal in the fountain room of the Jedi Temple where the recipient would take apart his saber and install the new crystal to have it's first lighting in the room of a thousand fountains. A symbolic gesture so that the blade would appear to reflect the purity of the water all around them.

Orange was an unusual color and typically held by those who embraced the warrior's way of life. Jedi Generals used them as a badge of honor and a mark of understanding...every time they ignited their saber they were reminded that at some point they would have to meditate and step away from conflict...setting aside the orange when their duty to defend the republic in a time of war was done. The color was at one point a badge of honor while also symbolizing the fact they strayed from their ideals, by embracing war that fully they were risking falling. The point of the orange was to be a reminder that if they did not remain vigilant they would fall.

Those are the meanings I am aware of...I would assume cyan and viridian would simply be the same as green and blue given they are nothing but a hue change rather than a true color change.

Actually, it's in the game code already. Apparently some CS employees accidently gave back the wrong crystals when people wrote a ticket about how they had lost their white crystal by accident.

I recently ran into someone on The Progenitor who had it up, initially thinking my game was bugging out. Then I checked his equipment and he indeed had a Black-White crystal in his saber. Made a printscreen of it, but he ran out of reach just as my finger pressed down on the button, so I only had my preview window up :(

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/745/6672/original.jpg?w=600&h

And dont quote me no LORE I know Lore and there are many things in swtoro that are Lore and shouldnt be here.

Just because YOU know the lore doesn't mean that there's no point in including it. Not everyone knows the lore, such as me, and it adds a depth and fullness to the gaming experience to learning the Lore first hand.

Purple...according to lore, only existed because when Windu was creating his lightsaber he was filled with an odd duality of justice and anger...hence why his lightsaber form of choice was Juyo (a stance that by the lore was only taught to very very few Jedi due tot he fact it relies upon embracing the emotions caused by battle). Technically speaking...only Windu could ever have a purple saber, all others with purple are non-canon.

No clue where you read that, but here is the canon information about Mace Windu's lightsaber... it used a purple crystal.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mace_Windu%27s_lightsaber

And, here is the information on the Hurrikaine crystals that he used.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hurrikaine_crystal

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Maybe answered already or not. I don't know. I read Original Post and felt like I should answer anyways.

A pure black lightsaber color crystal in science wouldn't really be possible as it is to be void of anything visible. So you need an outer color to show the black.

Like the Black Saber the Mandalorian had in the CW series. Outer edge was white and core was black. The edge was thin white so you mostly only noticed the black of it.

They could make one like this in the game and I would love to see it made :)

Although I am still hunting for a Teal crystal myself but that is just beside the point.

Maybe answered already or not. I don't know. I read Original Post and felt like I should answer anyways.

A pure black lightsaber color crystal in science wouldn't really be possible as it is to be void of anything visible. So you need an outer color to show the black.

Like the Black Saber the Mandalorian had in the CW series. Outer edge was white and core was black. The edge was thin white so you mostly only noticed the black of it.

They could make one like this in the game and I would love to see it made :)

Although I am still hunting for a Teal crystal myself but that is just beside the point.

It wouldn't be impossible, but I see your point. If it was all black it would be called something else. But I'd gladly settle for darksaber crystal like the one in the CW series. I just wish Bioware would comment on this.

So, can I get a non-black lightsaber on Ebay or maybe Amazon? Sure, a black one is not scientifically possible, but does Amazon sell normal ones? I'm not talking those plastic kid toys, I want a real lightsaber.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

One idea of where BioWare can put a Black/White or Darksaber Crystal is through Achievements. I would love to see this be a reward for reaching a certain amount of Achievement Score, like maybe as a reward for reaching 20,000 (or maybe even higher) Achievement points. It would keep the crystal quite rare and at the same time something tangible for all the achievers out there. :) Edited by Gamman