Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Resolve changes - are you even listening?

Ronxz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not look at WHY marauders are obliterating all the other classes? Why not consider the complaints and see about changing the way huttball is played? Where is the change to resolve to break CCs upon completely filling? Where is the response to the marauder/sent large number of defensive CCs without any penalty? Where is the response to the marauders have been force cloak than assassins? Why aren't we seeing changes to balance melee and ranged DPS? What about having grapple at a 30 meter range in huttball and being pulled into fire traps from half the map away right as you are about to score?

good point

I like the changes for overlapping stuns in PUGs though, and a nice few other changes. I am kinda worried about a 15m cone force wave though, seems like one consular wiping out a whole team in voidstar, or knocking a whole team off the scafold for an easy huttball score.

IM REALLY worried about 20sec CD speeds with root immunity. Thats too many speeds in warzones with no way to stop them at all, not even a force leap to catch up will be useful....bad things coming

If anything I'd expect this to be a talent boost for lvl 55-60 jedi knight force push

or some sort of glyph-like upgrade system

Edited by supafreak

No, they are not listening. That much has been obvious since beta. Do the math. Under the current Resolve system, you can be stunlocked for 6 seconds. With this new system, you can be stunlocked for 8 seconds. Epic fail.

:rolleyes:

It might not be so bad if they would nerf Expertise, increase TTK, or give Endurance buffs to PvP gear. As it stands now, anyone can be killed in the span of a stunlock.

No, they are not listening. That much has been obvious since beta. Do the math. Under the current Resolve system, you can be stunlocked for 6 seconds. With this new system, you can be stunlocked for 8 seconds. Epic fail.

Well according to them:

While it's true that some changes may be motivated by design requirements in one gameplay mode, we never make a change without confidence that it's fun

Because being full time stuned in almost every fight it's fun right?

According to them again it is:

From our internal playtesting and feedback, we're confident that the new experience is more fun.

Those internal tests are taking place into a BDSM dungeon or something? Because I cannot explain their logic otherwise... :D :D :D

Edited by Fearine

It might not be so bad if they would nerf Expertise, increase TTK, or give Endurance buffs to PvP gear. As it stands now, anyone can be killed in the span of a stunlock.

8 Seconds is the maximum amount of time you can currently be stunned (4 + 4).

Under the new system hard stuns will still be limited to a max of 8 seconds.

Mezz time will go up from 16 (8+8) to 17 (1+8+8) though.

I haven't worked over the math for soft stuns yet.

So with this I wonder if we will get a game name change as well for Warzones. Maybe call them 'Stun Zones' or 'CC simulation training'. I wonder if we can get them to put up a warning signing before we click 'accept' to enter the warzone. "Be advised: Entering this area will cause anger and frustration as you die from stunlock repeatedly. Do not play if you are pregnant or nursing. Do play if you are on pain killers or drunk."

On a more serious note, I would like to know just what these 'internal testers' actually are. They obviously aren't using the public test server to determine anything anymore, not that they listened to the testers there anyway, but I feel like they are just throwing things at us without even considering how it will affect actual gameplay.

I want to take every developer who and force them to play three hours every day of pvp in a regular server and see if they still think their changes are 'fun'. I also want to force them to play classes that are in recruit gear and force them to change their class every hour. Then I want to see what changes we get in the next patch update.

I think you may have discovered their secret plan!!!

Well, in WAR I was convinced that the only way a dev team could be so inept is if they were told by EA to completely destroy the game so they could collect on any insurance claims they had against the game tanking.

This game hasn't done much to convince me it hasn't happened again.

It's quite obvious the dev team isn't even listening to the community. They have done nothing to stop the speed hackers in this game, these resolve changes are stupid, AND the match up system is a joke. I mean, putting 2 premades verses a group of 3 and 5 random pugs JUST brings FUN to this game -_-

I'll say this right now, I have gotten warned several times in game due to my apparent breaking of the TOS by cursing at incompetent players, hackers, and griefers. If this is to stop, then this game HAS to be changed. I'm sick and tired of these whiny pve'rs coming into a warzones with <1k expertise and when you call them out on it, they decide to not play the game and you end up cursing them out when they tell you to shut up..

I know everyone who reads this would just say, "Stop PVPing" and I would if this game actually had end game content worth doing.

Resolve could have one simple fix like all the other games like WOW and Rift do.. HAVE YOUR ESCAPE BUTTON GIVE YOU A 4-6 SECOND IMMUNITY TO ALL CC EFFECTS! When these changes in 1.4 go live, you will have 2 second huttballs thanks to the sorcs sprinting all over the battlefield, You'll still have Powertecs killing everyone in 3 GCDs.. It's getting redicious.. Yes I know I'm venting.

This game is starting to get Un fun, and I personally am waiting to see the 1.4 patch notes before I decide If i am going to cancel my sub and wait for it to go ftp, or keep supporting this game.

It's quite obvious the dev team isn't even listening to the community. They have done nothing to stop the speed hackers in this game, these resolve changes are stupid, AND the match up system is a joke. I mean, putting 2 premades verses a group of 3 and 5 random pugs JUST brings FUN to this game -_-

I'll say this right now, I have gotten warned several times in game due to my apparent breaking of the TOS by cursing at incompetent players, hackers, and griefers. If this is to stop, then this game HAS to be changed. I'm sick and tired of these whiny pve'rs coming into a warzones with <1k expertise and when you call them out on it, they decide to not play the game and you end up cursing them out when they tell you to shut up..

I know everyone who reads this would just say, "Stop PVPing" and I would if this game actually had end game content worth doing.

Resolve could have one simple fix like all the other games like WOW and Rift do.. HAVE YOUR ESCAPE BUTTON GIVE YOU A 4-6 SECOND IMMUNITY TO ALL CC EFFECTS! When these changes in 1.4 go live, you will have 2 second huttballs thanks to the sorcs sprinting all over the battlefield, You'll still have Powertecs killing everyone in 3 GCDs.. It's getting redicious.. Yes I know I'm venting.

This game is starting to get Un fun, and I personally am waiting to see the 1.4 patch notes before I decide If i am going to cancel my sub and wait for it to go ftp, or keep supporting this game.

Yea, you should probably cancel your sub. If not for you, do it for the rest of us.

More often then not i respawn with FULL RESOLVE to see it vanish before i leave the spawnpoint to get f.u.c.k.e.d all over AGAIN! THANKS FOR NOTHIN' @RESOLVE and 2min CD on CC-breaker

And now with 1.4 it will get even worse.. up to this point it should be absolutely clear that our devs doesnt seem to play their own game, because, attention to the news! /drumrolls, diein to endless stuns some monkey facerolled on their keyboard to beat anyone JUST ISNT FUN :eek:

Bottom line is this:

This game has too many CC's and this does nothing about that. It actually just allows you to be vulnerable to CC's longer (or giving you less Resolve than before). I like the idea of controlling combat if played smart, but frustrating players just trying to pvp is something you aren't measuring in your excel sheets. It's a BAD solution to an overall issue that prevents good fluid pvp.

The conal Overload change is another bad decision. To make a Sage/Sorc now have to actually do more to use one of its CC's is just bad. It's like giving them one thing and taking away another...The players they are usually knocking back can jump back to them already, this just gave them less ways to knock them back.

AND why in the world is the Light, Medium, Heavy armor not being looked at? Why would anyone choose a Light armor toon in this game atm? You get no extra damage, no extra speed? Whats the reasoning behind the armors?

Bleh, this announcement...while its exciting to see ANY changes being made...is just making it easier to do something else.

More often then not i respawn with FULL RESOLVE to see it vanish before i leave the spawnpoint to get f.u.c.k.e.d all over AGAIN! THANKS FOR NOTHIN' @RESOLVE and 2min CD on CC-breaker

And now with 1.4 it will get even worse.. up to this point it should be absolutely clear that our devs doesnt seem to play their own game, because, attention to the news! /drumrolls, diein to endless stuns some monkey facerolled on their keyboard to beat anyone JUST ISNT FUN :eek:

Have you ever considered that the reason you are in the respawn zone with a full resolve bar has nothing to do with resolve and instead is 100% a factor of DPS being far too high compared to your health pool?

Have you ever considered that the reason you are in the respawn zone with a full resolve bar has nothing to do with resolve and instead is 100% a factor of DPS being far too high compared to your health pool?

This should happen every time you die. How in a game that you fight and counter fight CC its not full or near full is beyond me.

If you get engaged or focused on by a group of 2-3 players how do you think this isn't suppose to occur?

Is DPS high? Yes

That is not a reason resolve doesn't work.

PVP has become ridiculously stupid ..

1) As everyone stated above, its just a STUNFEST anymore. Players have learned to time they're stuns against the opponents resolve. 2 minute timer on a single stun break means nothing when facing a game where every player has access to at least 1 stun.

2) Pre-mades are making the game even less fun. Random queued teams are facing teams with 3 or more healers and can't even take out healers because ... (see number 3)

3) PVP Gear is imbalanced. Teams in fully augmented War Hero armor crush new players in recruit gear, and even players in full BM. If your a fresh 50 in Recruit Gear .. you have go through 20+ games of getting massacred before you can get into a full suit of BM.

Now they're about to change resolve to make it worse, and they're changing the abilities of class to what .. make them more immune to Stuns and Roots.

Bioware needs to get a F*ing clue.

People: complaining about resolve filled white and not working/rooted and so on.

BW: OK we will fix it so resolve bar wont be white so quickly.

Makes perfect sense.

Like sorc/sage complaining about no viable PvP burst damage and BW fix them by making them run away easier but thats pure buff to sorc in a way, cant let that happen, so they change overload and force wave as well. Even tho whatever they did still does not help them in their burst in anyway shape or form possible.

Edited by warultima

People: complaining about resolve filled white and not working/rooted and so on.

BW: OK we will fix it so resolve bar wont be white so quickly.

Makes perfect sense.

Like sorc/sage complaining about no viable PvP burst damage and BW fix them by making them run away easier but thats pure buff to sorc in a way, cant let that happen, so they change overload and force wave as well. Even tho whatever they did still does not help them in their burst in anyway shape or form possible.

Why would they give Burst damage to a class that is built for sustained dps? If they were dying quite a bit, then they need survivability. Maybe they can't burst down many classes on their own, but focusing a target while a burst dps is on that target, pssh. Good as dead,, and far as I know Warzones are based on Team Work. From what I see, the numbers seem to always be pretty good for sorcs.

Edited by SyphonSith

Why would they give Burst damage to a class that is built for sustained dps? If they were dying quite a bit, then they need survivability. Maybe they can't burst down many classes on their own, but focusing a target while a burst dps is on that target, pssh. Good as dead,, and far as I know Warzones are based on Team Work. From what I see, the numbers seem to always be pretty good for sorcs.

Because by lowering the TTK to nearly 0 for burst classes, most of whom instantly reset after their kill, sustained DPS essentially means nothing against an equally skilled/geared player or team.

Spoken like someone truely has zero clue. Let me break it to you, sorc has a supposedly bursting tree called "Lightning". It's even more immobile than gunnery merc/mando where they have multiple big bursting move they can use on the move when sorcs only have shock or they have to pray that xxx procs which ONLY PROCS OFF STANDING STILL CASTED SPELLS. Hell sorcs dont even have a viable "auto attack" they can spam on the move like Rapid Shot and Rifle Shot.

Lightning's 2 second casting time 31pt ultimate is a joke practically since most other classes instants hits more than thundering blast and TB even have a cooldown tagged on top of it and it SUPER EASY TO SHUT DOWN. Yes its 2 second casting time which is 25% longer than tracer missile and you already see how people complaining about how easy a 1.5s cast is being shut down let along a 2.0s cast.

The clueless kids like you think sorcs are only meant to dot dot dot dot dot while ignoring sorcs BURST dps tree. Lightning Tree are designed around control and long casting burst that procs instants it simply dont have the BURST to go with its BURSTING nature. The only reason you dont see lightning spec sorc in WZ is because its even worse than Madness PvP wise.

So kiddo why shouldnt sorc gets an option to burst like other classes could when they have an entire tree dedicated to heavy nukes that procs more nukes?

Edited by warultima

I honestly cannot figure out why Bioware can't get their act together on pvp. I have come to believe their developers do not play the game they develop and that causes them to become incredibly out of touch with the way the game actually functions. Putting changes into a static world where everything runs to your little rules does nothing (AKA: Internal Testing).

Honestly, I wonder if the developers would be making stupid changes like this if they actually played on a live server. I don't believe they would, I think we would see useful changes to PvP. Things like Resolve granting a 3-4 second immunity upon reaching 100%. Increased health to overcome the insane burst DPS. An in-depth look at armor survivability for light vs heavy armor wearers. More skills being altered when entering pvp (after all, a debuff that changes the way a skill works slightly, decreasing range, % healed, etc. is SUCH a huge and complex idea). We might even see classes get balanced and the gear grind fixed.

Until the developers feel like getting out of their closet in Austin I tell you this, developers, you are welcome to contact me and I'll be happy to work with you to actually see some progressive changes that might make this game fun again. At this rate, and I hate to say this, but GW2 and Panda's don't sound so bad anymore.

I honestly cannot figure out why Bioware can't get their act together on pvp. I have come to believe their developers do not play the game they develop and that causes them to become incredibly out of touch with the way the game actually functions.

Maybe they are as bored waiting for content and fixes as we are?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.