So...when you guys start placing your interrupt on your hotkey?

MugetsuDragoncry

I've played this game for almost 5 months, and last month when I start playing as a tank with random queue, I soon realized that people wasn't paying much attention for interrupting: dps just focus on damage the boss, and healer just heal at their best, I mean, they doing the right thing, and they sometime do the cc for me as well, however I start wondering is it too difficult to do an "extra" interrupt in the middle of the fight for them? since my interrupt has a 12 sec cooldown, i can't prevent them casting all the time :(

Then again, my first character was a dps (marauder), and I must admit that the time when I put interrupt on my hotkey is after beating a tough boss with self-healing skill and mastered it after dying a million times at the droid boss in LI, and that all happened when I reached 50 after 2 months! That's the reason why Bioware put LR-5 Sentinel Droid in the game! To emphasize the importance of interrupt!

Ever since then, when I entering a LI HM group with my marauder, I always tell them:

"Trust me man! I'm a good interrupter! Don't boot me out! :eek:"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my interrupt characters the second I gain access to the ability. Its to strong in leveling, pve, and pvp to ignore.

Sadly my main is a mercenary and we don't have any interrupts. Such a pain when no one else in a group is paying attention to enemy casts and you can't do anything about it because you have no interrupt. Died on an otherwise easy False Emperor HM run a few days ago cause no one used their interrupt.

dont even think for one moment a healer can interrupt, with no mouse over macros 99.9% of the time your targeting a raid member and dont really have time to interrupt, as for the DPS yes i've noticed it to, ive actually seen people finish off a set part of their rotation rather than moving out of bad stuff on the floor quickly, i think its just one of those things unless u state before hand a interrupt rotation people will just assume someone else is going to do it, all u need to do is ask, or simply tell them X your interrupting the second spell

dont even think for one moment a healer can interrupt, with no mouse over macros 99.9% of the time your targeting a raid member and dont really have time to interrupt, as for the DPS yes i've noticed it to, ive actually seen people finish off a set part of their rotation rather than moving out of bad stuff on the floor quickly, i think its just one of those things unless u state before hand a interrupt rotation people will just assume someone else is going to do it, all u need to do is ask, or simply tell them X your interrupting the second spell

wow...

1. open interface editor

2. click and enable target of targets cast bar.

3. scale target of targets cast bar to desired visual effect.

4. L2P

as a healer (body guards n/a) you can fit an interrupt into your healing but most just stand there hoping to get carried. i do agree ppl would rather finish that ravage cd than interrupt an ability.

Edited by vojinsa

I've played this game for almost 5 months, and last month when I start playing as a tank with random queue, I soon realized that people wasn't paying much attention for interrupting: dps just focus on damage the boss, and healer just heal at their best, I mean, they doing the right thing, and they sometime do the cc for me as well, however I start wondering is it too difficult to do an "extra" interrupt in the middle of the fight for them? since my interrupt has a 12 sec cooldown, i can't prevent them casting all the time :(

Then again, my first character was a dps (marauder), and I must admit that the time when I put interrupt on my hotkey is after beating a tough boss with self-healing skill and mastered it after dying a million times at the droid boss in LI, and that all happened when I reached 50 after 2 months! That's the reason why Bioware put LR-5 Sentinel Droid in the game! To emphasize the importance of interrupt!

Ever since then, when I entering a LI HM group with my marauder, I always tell them:

"Trust me man! I'm a good interrupter! Don't boot me out! :eek:"

Marauder is the interrupt master. Force Choke, Disruption and close quarters force charge, these all cancel peoples attacks. So if you see someone being bogged down by someone using an interuptable stun, you charge that sucker to get into the fray.

The biggest issue with PVP at the moment is the lack of interuptable stun effects. Its to easy to use a quick attack to stun your opponents and take them out of the fight for a good ten minutes or more.

Edited by Selvec

Your server must have very bad players. I use it all the time, I also see ppl use it all the time.

In fact I bound it on my mouse scroll down button along with another attack macroed following. This is a VIP button for my enemy healers and Sage/Mercenary in WZ -- every 6sec interrupt. Both Sentinel & Vanguard are the King of Interrupt if talented.

PvE...... I don't care much, do you really need skill/interrupt to own the NPCs? I just watch TV & chop chop chop w/ my lightswords, it's boring & they die anyway.

Just one thing, why in the hell Sniper/Gunslinger can't be interrupted on some of their casting abilities??

Edited by Superpasta

PvE...... I don't care much, do you really need skill/interrupt to own the NPCs?

Just one thing, why in the hell Sniper/Gunslinger can't be interrupted on some of their casting abilities??

1. im sure you chop chop and watch tv thru force explosion and ultimate power.

2. its a pvp thing and bw does not care about pvp.

dont even think for one moment a healer can interrupt, with no mouse over macros 99.9% of the time your targeting a raid member and dont really have time to interrupt.

Healers have interrupts. They are instant-cast. When the bars align, one can interrupt a boss ability between heals. It honestly isn't that hard to switch targets. It just takes finesse. This is for Sage/Sorcerer from my experience, but it really isn't that hard to be on top of except by comparison to just spamming channeled heals.

wow...

1. open interface editor

2. click and enable target of targets cast bar.

3. scale target of targets cast bar to desired visual effect.

4. L2P

as a healer (body guards n/a) you can fit an interrupt into your healing but most just stand there hoping to get carried. i do agree ppl would rather finish that ravage cd than interrupt an ability.

The player keeping you alive is NOT being carried. That's silly.

The player keeping you alive is NOT being carried. That's silly.

If they're turret healing and that's all one could argue that the healer is being carried. DPS are expected to not stand in bad and interrupt as well. Tanks are not only expected to hold aggro but to keep bosses properly positioned. If turret dpsing and turret tanking are unacceptable, so why is turret healing acceptable? A good healer should also use their debuff removals and more occasionally use their interrupts.

If the healer is having to constantly interrupt a boss' casts then something is seriously going wrong.

I'm a Mara and I'm interrupting all the time. A skill I learned from my black temple days as a rogue :p

Edited by TheBetty

If they're turret healing and that's all one could argue that the healer is being carried. DPS are expected to not stand in bad and interrupt as well. Tanks are not only expected to hold aggro but to keep bosses properly positioned. If turret dpsing and turret tanking are unacceptable, so why is turret healing acceptable? A good healer should also use their debuff removals and more occasionally use their interrupts.

A player who's being carried is one you could do the content without. Go ahead and try to do it without that healer.

A player who's being carried is one you could do the content without. Go ahead and try to do it without that healer.

apples and mangos. if a healer can interrupt and wont then the other members are carrying the healers weight.

apples and mangos. if a healer can interrupt and wont then the other members are carrying the healers weight.

I've only ever seen dps make statements like this. If a healer is doing the job of the dps by interrupting a boss ability, than it's the dps that is being carried. Healers that are actually doing what they are supposed to are doing nothing but healing, unless of course your entire group is grossly overgeared which is another story.

I've only ever seen dps make statements like this. If a healer is doing the job of the dps by interrupting a boss ability, than it's the dps that is being carried. Healers that are actually doing what they are supposed to are doing nothing but healing, unless of course your entire group is grossly overgeared which is another story.

so when the dps are mercs how can (according to you) they do their job and interrupt? healing is not that hard and looking at the target of targets channel bar requires very little effort. according to your theory healers should do nothing but heal? so you would rather not use an ability thats free and instant to help out the group?

btw most of my toons are healers and manage to interrupt/stun (when the mob can be stunned) every chance i get. healers that dont usually stare at hp bars and gimp their group.

I try to interrupt. To me though, the issue is that in pugs there's very little communication, as everyone is trying to blow through the instance as quickly as possible. This leads to a situation where I'm blowing my interrupts on the same attacks as the tank, so a lot of times I just don't bother.

It's never led to a wipe so I don't consider it a big deal, but yeah it would be nice sometimes if people would stop for a second and decide who's to interrupt what.

Healers should not have to interrupt. You've got three other players actually targeting the boss. If those three are so un-coordinated that all of their interrupt abilities are on cooldown at the same time...that group has bigger problems than a healer who just wants to concentrate on healing.

Healers should not have to interrupt, but can since its free and instant. You've got three other players actually targeting the boss, but maybe due mechanics or group make-up the healer can help since its free and instant. If those three are so un-coordinated that all of their interrupt abilities are on cooldown at the same time...that group has bigger problems that a great healer could bail them out with a free and instant ability but just wants to concentrate on being a princess.

understood

edit you also see the boss and his channel if its turned on but why bother with that?

Edited by vojinsa

Healers should not have to interrupt. You've got three other players actually targeting the boss. If those three are so un-coordinated that all of their interrupt abilities are on cooldown at the same time...that group has bigger problems than a healer who just wants to concentrate on healing.

^This times a million! Though the advice to use Target of Target is good suggestion that shouldn't be dismissed.

understood

edit you also see the boss and his channel if its turned on but why bother with that?

You still haven't said why it makes sense for the one guy in the group who isn't targeting the boss if he's doing his job to be responsible for interrupting. The tank and DPS have at least 3 interrupt abilities between them, and if they can't handle that they need to L2P, end of story.

EDIT: Yeah, a healer could use target of target to see when he needs to interrupt, just like a DPS operative could be responsible for purging debuffs. But the point is those ways are just totally inefficient.

Edited by pauljc

You still haven't said why it makes sense for the one guy in the group who isn't targeting the boss if he's doing his job to be responsible for interrupting. The tank and DPS have at least 3 interrupt abilities between them, and if they can't handle that they need to L2P, end of story.

EDIT: Yeah, a healer could use target of target to see when he needs to interrupt, just like a DPS operative could be responsible for purging debuffs. But the point is those ways are just totally inefficient.

Maybe it's the tank and dps are wanting to be carried by those 'lazy' healers :D

You still haven't said why it makes sense for the one guy that does not have target of target turned on and maybe help pitch in for interrupting duty The tank and DPS have at least 3 interrupt abilities between them, and if they can't handle that they need to L2P, end of story.

also before you grace us re-read my post and notice i answered your question with

but maybe due mechanics or group make-up
. Edited by vojinsa

I can just see the chat "Why did you not heal me" "Sorry interrupting as I didn't want to break the DPS's cast"

If it needs interrupting a DPS or Tank can do it VASTLY easier and should as practice. If you expect a healer to, when it goes wrong (and we all know it does) they will miss it as they will be trying to keep you up and so doing their job.

Every tank has an interrupt and a lot of dps. I will always break casts on my singer to use mine. DPS is no good if the tank is dead.

Edited by Jetronin

I interrupt all the time. All of my characters have 2 hotkeys in common: the stun breaker and the interrupt (except my Commando & Mercenary). The buttons are in the same spot on all of my characters, so they're easily accessible and easy to use in a pinch. My Vanguard is Tactics as well, so her interrupt is on a 6 second cooldown and I spam that all day.

Maybe I should start spamming my interrupts then and when the tank goes down or if I went out of force I go "oops, sorry, I was interrupting to help the team" :D

I agree with the debuff removals though.

Edited by metalfenix

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.