Random buffs of kindness?

Warguppy

I was only in the beta for one weekend but I did notice that people would give buffs out to anyone they passed. Since starting the EA, though, I have noticed this only rarely happens.

So let's start a trend! Give people you pass buffs if they don't already have them! It isn't taking anything from your gameplay and when you get them it helps you as well. Let's start this trend and KEEP IT GOING!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I was only in the beta for one weekend but I did notice that people would give buffs out to anyone they passed. Since starting the EA, though, I have noticed this only rarely happens.

So let's start a trend! Give people you pass buffs if they don't already have them! It isn't taking anything from your gameplay and when you get them it helps you as well. Let's start this trend and KEEP IT GOING!

I used to buff everyone I ran by, then I started to get autoflagged for pvp because I buffed a player who was laready flagged. This stopped me buffing people as I have no desire to be flagged for pvp.

I always throw out a buff on a passing player if I'm not in the middle of doing something.

If I'm on the fleet or another 'communal' area killing time waitng for a wz or whatever I'll just wander a round for a while buffing peeps for the sake of it.

Used to do it the the other mmorpgs I played in the past.

It's nice when someone says thanks, but doesn't bother me too much if they don't since a lot of the time they're busy anyway.

I also throw out random heals when on my bh or trooper if i pass some-one in need, or help with the mobs they're fighting then go on my merry way. :cool:

You'll usually see me running after the person who buffed me to return the favor though if I do notice it :o Probably looks kinda comical too.

Thank you, now i have that picture in my head and it doesn't go away..! You running after people trying to buff them, while Benny Hill theme plays on the background... :D

Im buffing everyone asap if they not run out of range very fast :)

Also as healing or helping to kill elites when they tag it for their quests.

Meh. I don't really agree with the part where you help someone kill an 'elite' after they tag it. The way I see it is that if I really needed help doing something then I would post in General Chat that I need a group for something. I actually can't stand when I am out solo questing and I see a mob that I would like to try to solo and some group of players run by and steam rolls through my mob. Really? You don't think that people can post "Looking for group to quest with"? I can't be the only one who feels this way. The same goes with buffs though too. I'll even go so far as to remove buffs that people put on me when I am out in the wilds. I like the challenge of doing solo quests... solo. Not with a whole row of buffs and people running around killing everything I tag.

I do this all the time! I buff everyone as much as I can when I've stopped for a second somewhere. Even if they're running by me in totally opposite direction, I'm still quick enough to target and cast. Sometimes I'll wait a moment to see if they return the favour, but often they do not. Makes me sad.

Human behavior seems to gradually change, the more people there are in a situation. (usually change for the worse, btw ;)) This is in response to the beta vs now comment.

Anyway.. my further suggestion to this is... POKE.

Lets say that if you use the /poke emote once on someone, let that be a prompt that they'd like a buff. :) Hopefully they will do it back to you in return!

Then we can all get that +5% crtical goodness from our fellow agents and smugglers. ;)

I buff whenever I can as long as I'm not going out of my way to. Sometimes I feel like just sitting about and buffing people as they pass by. Some classes like the Counselor or Inquisitor it's easy to see you got a buff by those classes. Others are more subtle so people may not notice.