The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We the subscription base, are here to make a stand.

Brool

Wow, really? They plan to charge for it now? Welcome to EA folks. I feel bad for all the people who wanted to stick around despite all this mess. As for those who are actually willing to pay ... all I can say is you deserve to be treated as such. Really, there is just no hope for people like you. EA can do whatever they want with you and youll smile and reward them for it without even asking for the lube.

I already quit so this is just for affirmation this was the right decision but this is just pathetic, though not a surprising move by a company like EA.

Come to think of it ... I shouldnt even be able to post this. Hmm, better check my bank Paypal when I get home.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you have a reading comrehension problem...READ THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.

PS 100% chance I truly truly truly...truly don't not care in any way shape or form if you quit.

TLDR: Flyers Suck...Rangers for the win.:p

I certainly do not have a reading comprehension problem. "The title merely alludes that there are others that feel the same way that he does, which there are."

I would be utterly apathetic if you were to turn in your lightsabre or respective blaster weapon(s) as well.

Rangers blow. Go Flyers. That's also not an applicable "too long; didn't read."

But the thing is, he's making a stand and trying to speak for the lot of us, based on subjective motives.

Since as to whom, is Makeb not considered a full expansion? Heck, we don't even know what's included in the lot of it.

Maybe Makeb comes with:

- 8 additional class chapters, 1 for each class. - not included, already stated by devs

- 4 New Flashpoints.

- 2 New Companions. Not included, maybe HK, but he may be held still for the holiday season

- A new race. Ok, so Cather. Not the most iconic Star Wars race. Blatant attempt to get WOW players.

- Animal mounts. Not happening. Unless they show up in cash shop for $$$ coins.

- A world PvP area. Not Likely

- 2 New world bosses. Wishful thinking, 1 would be a miracle.

- An additional operation. this is in actually, but slated as the first F2P content release

- Daily quests set in form of dynamic events. What?

- A crafting system overhaul. LOL not likely

- Additional speeders / pets. in the cash shop, not part of the "expansion-patch price"

- Additional legacy gear. maybe, but what good is it, the legacy gear is overpriced. And blue gears are going to be in the cash shop so why bother?

- Additional legacy skills and perks beyond legacy 25.

- And more.

Heck, we do not know. People are arguing over the sake of nothing considering as to how they have no clue on what the Makeb update will actually come with.

You are very optimistic. I hope you do not get too disappointed when they release a bare minimum content update and over charge.

Edited by Insomnio

There are those such as myself, the OP, that enjoy the game very much but will occasionally voice our opinions regarding something that we find to be a deterrent, then there are those that are rabid supporters who feel that any criticism, be it constructive or not, is a violent assault upon their own person.....and there are those that just wander the boards looking for a fight. LOL

OP has a valid point, and if I were to guess, that silent majority may very well agree with him on this particular subject.

Well said. Seems to allways be the extremists on every forum. They will pick out one or two words and short phases and jump all over someone rather than look at the whole message. The OP has a valid concern.

TL DR: Charging you're subscribers for the makeb content does not make us happy.

First. I, like many have stated, will speak for myself. Second. You're posting walls of text for something that hasn't even happened yet. I hope you remembered to take your blood pressure medication this morning.

I am also a "happy" subscriber (I currently don't think I get good value out of my sub, but I'm still here)

Will look at the coming months very closely and if I don't like what I am being given of feel exploited I will unsub.

It's as easy as that

are there any games with open world pvp at all? even EVE and aion is restricted, and i think it will be very hard to implement technically, making whole galaxy into pvp zone.worse , if they do make it, it will definately scare off lots of new and casual players

Just for the record, you DO NOT speak for me.

You are trying to take a stand on a "maybe" in the absence any understanding of what the scope of the content actually is (They have not yet disclosed).

I am fine wating until we actually hear what the Makeb content is (and is not) before getting all worked up about whether it morphs into a point of sale expansion OR does not.

we know andry...we know...

anyone whos ever read general KNOWS you are one THE biggest of biowares self proclaimed forum police, of course we know he doesnt speak for you, but he speaks for me, and plenty others im sure

go back into your hole , nothing to see here mmk? dont worry , if theres something EA is good at is making money, pretty sure they dont need you forum motivating people to buy makeb.

When have I been ripped off? Last I checked...they said they haven't decided whether or not, IF we have to pay for Makeb or What Makeb contains. I unlike you, like to get the FULL facts before making a reasonable decision. and as far reading comprehension....you clearly did not comprehend the title of this very thread.:eek: Talk about irony. Oh and BTW...you don't speak for me either, just to be clear.

*clicks on taorus posting history*

thats all i needed to see, are you andryahs alt account by any chance?

lol

fully unsubbed, he lack of anything in the way of info is sad, and no they same answer from a yellow name is not info, we already know they dont want us to know anything....

Give us info instead of using the same generic answer to everything

Bored of hearing we dont have any info on this yet but will let you know when we know....It all smells like BS

To get back to the point of the thread and not just to argue about who gave who permission to speak for them-seriously,how badly so you guys NEED to find stuff to argue about??

Do you as a subscriber mind paying for updates ?

Do you as a subscriber mind paying for Expansions ?

I ,personally dont feel that myself (I) our you (we) should have to pay for an update or small content patch while paying a sub- f2p has no bearing.

A meaty content expansion would be so greatly appreciated i would indeed gladly shell out a few of my hard earned dollars.I have been playing mmo's for many years and have seen f2p do wonders for games (and the subscription players) I have always been a sub kinda player because i enjoy the perks that come with that sub fee.I have to say that anything short of a full expansion should always come with the monthly charge.(thats not to say expansions should not also be free but am more open to paying for them)

*DISCLAIMER* -This is MY opinion and does in no way speak foe the community at large- shakes head

This thread will be deleted really soon. BW are heavily censoring the forums - half the discussion threads that are even slightly negative towards the game simply get "disappeared". That should be enough reason to unsub.

Next time make a less **** game, then you won't need all those forum mods to censor your unhappy customers.

BW should be ashamed.

I'll wait and see what the scale of this update is - if I think its worth paying extra for, I will. However I am starting to feel that they are holding back releasing content to fit in with the FTP launch. If they do charge and it turns out to be a collection of things that should have been released already, I won't pay extra money for it - it will need to be quite impressive expansion of content to make me feel like handing over extra money on top of my sub.

In my mind that content should include more than one questing planet and include class stories, companion stories, character customisation options, additional species, level cap increase, crafting development, additional PVP warzones and features, flashpoints, operations, world bosses, more codex, holocrons and the development of mini games and the space exploration/combat side of the game. That to me would be a "beefy" content update and would justify being called an expansion which I would willingly pay for.

If they try and charge me for a content light update with a level cap increase as the main bait, I will remember the good times and move on :)

This thread will be deleted really soon.

No it will not. The OP is criticising the game in a constructive manner. He gives his opinion and he explains why he thinks that way. That is what BioWare wants. "If you are negative tell us why."

No it will not. The OP is criticising the game in a constructive manner. He gives his opinion and he explains why he thinks that way. That is what BioWare wants. "If you are negative tell us why."

Then could you explain me why the whole thread about Bioware reviews on Glassoor.com by former employees was removed? It was polite and had a ton of constructive criticism.

Edited by vandana_

ill unsub once i find out for certain what they want to do. one op and one world with level increase is not a expansion. Other mmos included multiple ops over a period of a year along with alot of other goodies. I bet they have their political team trying to figure out a strategy to calm the crowds as we speak. Might take em a month but itll happen

Same here. Bioware's backpedal on the Makeb issue shows how much EA is running the show these days. First, they assured sub users that they wouldn't be charging for Makeb. Now it's 'up in the air'. Thats total BS. How long does one planet really last in the game? Maybe a few days if you work a full time job? You can't compare one planet to normal MMO expansions. Just look at WoW (BC, WTOLK, Cata), LOTRO (Mines of Moria, Siege of Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard, adn now Riders of Rohan), or Rift (Storm Legion). THESE are legitimate expansions. The amount of content can keep most users going for more then a few days. Dropping one planet with about 10 hours of content is not an MMO expansion. It may count as DLC in a single player game, but MMOs are run differently.

Personally, I think EA is pulling the same crap that they usually do and trying to milk every cent out of something before they pull the plug. I'm waiting to see what happens before I cancel my sub, but with EA's track record, I'm not exactly confident. Oh, and plugging quality of life features (which should have been in game from day one) does not count as content update. Seriously, this game is 8 months old and Soa is still buggy as hell (We won't go into the 1-3 second lag spikes for HM EC. That just makes things more interesting anyway...lol).