Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Worst Star Wars MOVIE moment of all time

DarknessInLight

You know you have one. Everyone does. So, let's hear it. What is your worst moment in the Star Wars Saga?

The Saga is defined as Episodes 1-6, so feel free to divulge.

I will go first with one of the most obvious....

. Need I say more? This was one of those things that should NEVER have been touched when Lucas first decided to create the Special Editions of his classic films. Having Greedo get a shot off first and then getting wasted took the bada** factor out of the scene, and NO, foreshadowing the scene in the Phantom Menace didn't help at all.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lucas should have handed the duty for the prequels off to someone else to be honest. They kind of took the menace out of Vader for me with that transformation scene from Episode 3. And I don't think the fall of Anakin was good enough, I have only watched Ep3 once but I remember feeling underwhelmed by the fall of Anakin, I wanted more.

I would like to clarify though I'm neither a Lucas apologiser or a Prequel hater and I have to say I did enjoy some of the prequels, the Darth Maul fight was, overall, a well paced scene and I liked that.

And also I have to put it out there - I liked the Ewoks!!!:D:D

Kind of hard to choose really. Maybe Jar Jar. :rolleyes:

I can say that I am very disappointed that he has not made the last three parts of the story. I think Episodes 7, 8, and 9 would nice to see. There is a rumor that something is in the works for after the 3D'ing of the movies, but it is just a rumor.

Anyways for the Current movies I have decided to go with Jar Jar, like I mention above. ;)

Kind of hard to choose really. Maybe Jar Jar. :rolleyes:)

He's certainly up there fighting the Ewoks for first place. :D

Ewoks... a bunch of furry stoneage savages take out the Emperor's best legion of Storm Troopers? I've never understood how the sad critters made it off the cutting room floor.

AotC, anything on Naboo or Tatooine. It works in theory, but in reality the entire prequels knew how they wanted to end in RotS, but not how to start/continue, and that's how it falls down (don't let my sig fool, I dislike the bad parts of the prequels too, but I just think that as a whole they get a lot of flak. Also, Christopher. Dracula-Saruman. Lee.)

He's certainly up there fighting the Ewoks for first place. :D

Ewoks... a bunch of furry stoneage savages take out the Emperor's best legion of Storm Troopers? I've never understood how the sad critters made it off the cutting room floor.

Originally, IIRC, Ewoks were going to be Wookies, but were changed at the last moment. Personally I don't quite understand the problem with Ewoks, they're guerilla fighters, they used the element of surprise to take out some Imperials, and then suffered heavy casulties when the Imps caught on. ('Course, it assumes that the battle ends after the bunker goes down, RotJ has a problem in that it assumes that each of the battles end merely because the bunker/deathstar/barge are destroyed.) At least, that's how I always saw it.

The prequels have to many moments to list for me. Most of them I have noticed watching them over time and time again. It's totally a love hate relationship between me and the prequels. They have become like a train wreck, I don't want to watch, but I can't look away.

That being said, one thing I hated from the first time I sat there in the theater watching TPM, was the fact that the Trade Federation droid army droids had personality. Really? Mass produced soldier droids as comedic relief? Soooo annoying! For me they are even worse than Jar Jar!

Episode II Anakin (to Padme) - " I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too."

Episode III Obi-Wan - "I have seen a security hologram... of him... killing Younglings."

Padme - "No! Not Anakin! He couldn't..."

Episode II Anakin (to Padme) - " I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too."

Episode III Obi-Wan - "I have seen a security hologram... of him... killing Younglings."

Padme - "No! Not Anakin! He couldn't..."

Padme was in disbelief that he turned to the Dark Side, not that he killed younglings. Well, maybe it was 50/50 on that. :D

All the romance seens between Anakin and Padme.

Especially at first when Anakin is trying to flirt with Padme. Really really bad dialogue. I fast forward through the love scenes whenever I watch the NT. I seriously think its the worst romance in ANY movie series and thats saying a lot.

All the lines were so awful and the romance was forced. I can't understand how Padme could go from "Get away from me" (Implied at first in episode 2)to "I can't live without you ani" (episode 3) in such a short time. :rolleyes:

Edited by Xanikk

Originally, IIRC, Ewoks were going to be Wookies, but were changed at the last moment. Personally I don't quite understand the problem with Ewoks, they're guerilla fighters, they used the element of surprise to take out some Imperials, and then suffered heavy casulties when the Imps caught on. ('Course, it assumes that the battle ends after the bunker goes down, RotJ has a problem in that it assumes that each of the battles end merely because the bunker/deathstar/barge are destroyed.) At least, that's how I always saw it.

There is this thing called Star Wars holiday special. It is not technically a movie but it is generally considered so bad that I think it will win even this category. (Un)fortunately it is quite rare and might be difficult to find.

The plotholes created by the Prequels, and having Greedo shoot first.

Proof that George lost it completely, imo.

"Meesa Jar Jar Binks. Meesa suck hardcore. Meesa sorry you paid good money to see meesa in movie."

(The way the line SHOULD have been)

LOL, I also have to point out that while Jar Jar was created for kids he failed at making me happy or laugh when I saw TPM in theaters, I was 6 or 7.

Anakin/Padme romance subplot in Ep 2, it WAS necessary to the overall plot imo, but it just felt poorly done and with horrendous dialogue.

I agree with this post totally. I would have been happy with starting Episode 2 with them already in love. I would have bought it more than the drivel that happened on-screen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.