Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

8 Marauders in ranked wz - the results

pisauron

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video, made me lol a few times, especially since the other team must have been like, "***" ? I have a BM mara and while I find the class boring to play in general, HB is a blast with him. Watched it in full screen and actually felt the urge a few times to press the buttons as if I was playing ^^

Plus, nice song choice.

I enjoyed it. They actually seemed to do very well in the timing of their Predation and leaps.

Uh yeah, 8 maras doing predation in sequence might actually be pretty good... :t_rolleyes:

When I saw the thread title I expected to see them razed to the ground really.

huttball is more about teamplay, positionning and coordinating the offense and defense than melting faces.

Being mobile is a great advantage, and the team opposing them did nothing to stop/snare/grip/bump them really. Even when the adversaries managed to get the ball after a goal, the carrier had no one in place to pass the ball to and died (he did not even die fast, it lasted a few seconds while he was being focused).

So yes it's an entertaining video "for fun", but I would not draw any conclusion regarding class balance based on it.

it's really easy to see which team is more skilled though.

Half the time their opponents aren't even trying to get mid.

When they did finally get the ball no one was in position to receive. You'd think it would be extremely easy to run ahead and get passed to since Mara has no KB or pull.

I got a random PuG last night where we had 6 Marauders and 2 Assassins on Novare Coast. I was concerned at first that without any heal support we would have a rough time.

We wound up three capping and rolling over the other team for the entire match. They did recap their natural node eventually, but by then they were losing 100 - 20.

omg i was there :)

And to you ppl actully commenting as if this is a viable setup, have a coke and s***. this was more of an social/fun experiment. Huttball was fun, the other WZ were a different story.

And even tho the video doesnt show it, we did focus a few times in the 3 wz's we did, and having 5+ maras unload is a nightmare :p

Cheers for the laugh last nite guys, great fun, up for repeating it anytime :)

You'd think it would be extremely easy to run ahead and get passed to since Mara has no KB or pull.

The leap has a silly cool down as does force cloak. So if you made it on a rafter you would have 8 on you instantly. But that is definitely the weakness of the class. I miss my stuns and knockback on that class. I think the pass range is 30M and if i recall, so is leap. So you can ont really get ahead of them. In fact, you hurt your team because the one guy who gets a head will be alone vs all of them.

Had their opponents played a ranked match before, doesn't look like it.

They are hard to play against.

Edited by richardya

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.