Character Paid Transfer Services

Azurenn

People have complained about this at least since early July. Sadly, the only response they got is one: "in the near future", "soon", "we currently have no more information on that subject", etc. I suspect this thread will probably get one of those typical responses like everything else that has been asked about. If you get a reply at all. :(

WE WANT PAID TRANSFERS WE WANT PAID TRANSFERS WE WANT PAID TRANSFERS

COMON LET US HAVE THEM NOW TIRED OF WAITING SHOW US YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT WE WANT

i FOR ONE WANT A TRANSFER MORE THAN i WANT NEW CONTENT WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY ORIGINAL TOON TO THE SERVER i PLAY ON NOW

Sorry OP.

Though we at Bioware created the mess regarding server populations...

Though we at Bioware forced your characters to transfer to the server of our choice...

Though we at Bioware made Legacy perks a main component of our content...

Though we at Bioware have the code and programming in place...

Though we at Bioware realize this a concern among a large number of subscribers...

Though we at Bioware realize that all other major mmorpgs offer this service...

We at Bioware do not have any information regarding Paid transfers.

We at Bioware cannot understand why this answer does not suffice or ease player concerns.

We at Bioware cannot understand why subscriptions declining.

Edited by Graydon

Sorry OP.

Though we at Bioware created the mess regarding server populations...

Though we at Bioware forced your characters to transfer to the server of our choice...

Though we at Bioware made Legacy perks a main component of our content...

Though we at Bioware have the code and programming in place...

Though we at Bioware realize this a concern among a large number of subscribers...

Though we at Bioware realize that all other major mmorpgs offer this service...

We at Bioware do not have any information regarding Paid transfers.

We at Bioware cannot understand why this answer does not suffice or ease player concerns.

We at Bioware cannot understand why subscriptions declining.

So true,

Edited by RyanRhino

still no word i see . maybe they are waiting til November to add character transfers to their cartel store :(

I know i've been a loyal player and i really do enjoy the game but i'm getting very tired of waiting for some info on this. personally if they don't have some of this stuff ironed out by the time it goes ftp i am beginning to think they will never see another dime from me. i

buying a new computer soon to go play mechwarrioir online :( :( :( :(

This is a question that Bioware will not answer. Except to say "We know that people are looking for this, we have no information at this time, blah blah blah..."

People have been asking forever and we cannot get any kind of real response to this. The only reason I can come up with for the deafening silence on the issue is that it is SO back-burnered that they won't respond for fear of more subscription cancellations. They are just whistling and shuffling their feet in hopes that the subscription money will keep flowing in before the base gets fed-up and unsubscribes.

I've tried everything i can to get a response. Maybe if I disguised the question as an issue with not being able to wear a mask and a hood together they might actually respond.

This needs to happen. What will probably happen is that it will become a service purchasable using cartel coins, since, as of now, there is no way to purchase in-game features with real currency. Edited by Elbmuh

My only level 50 is all alone on a European Server and all my friends from a Femshep fansite are on NA Servers

Not that I don't mind lvling again that much but I would like to go and do lvl 50 stuff on a server where other players actually exist

There's 12 NA Servers.

BW is worried if they open Paid Transfers that some people will transfer killing a server and that the people left on that server will unsub. Plus with F2P coming in Paid Transfers might not mesh well with the influx of scrubs.

Pretty simple to answer really. It will be something you can purchase form the F2P store, like most other MMO.

So, when F2P launches paid transfer will be one of the things you can purchase.

prove it.....

This needs to happen. What will probably happen is that it will become a service purchasable using cartel coins, since, as of now, there is no way to purchase in-game features with real currency.

I imagine this will be a separate service done from the SWTOR account page rather than in-game from the Cash Shop, since it involves moving data from one server to another.

What MMOs offer server transfers through the Cash Shop?

Edited by MadBlue

I imagine this will be a separate service done from the SWTOR account page rather than in-game from the Cash Shop, since it involves moving data from one server to another.

What MMOs offer server transfers through the Cash Shop?

I agree i doubt it will be done through the cash shop but I guarentee it will roll out with the F2P launch as paid character transfers..

Please quit making such absurd and very unpopular requests.

Nobody at Bioware wants to hear about these silly little paid transfer questions.

The nerve of this community!!

I really hope this is sarcasm... There have been MULTIPLE threads on this topic with HUNDREDS of posts requesting this since the time of the "Dead Servers". I think it is sarcasm, but either way I won't give up on this. I'll continue to fight for it as log as I'm still able to post.

I completely agree. I found a server that I really like but my max level republic is collecting dust on another server. I'll pay the money. It's obvious they can do it, why they focus on this FTP is confusing when they will probably actually make money with paid transfers.

Don't most games have this at launch? The fact that people are begging for a service that should have already existed and that exists in some facet right now in this game is ridiculous. I love this game, and I love Bioware, but for a company that has a reputation for innovation to not have something like this just seems odd. People begging for paid transfers is like people begging for a chat system or an "invite to group" feature. Nobody's going to say anything but "finally" when paid transfers come.

If they put paid transfers with the in game shop, then they need to give us free transfers to server of choice.

Many people still have characters on dead servers and i should not have to paid to move them off the dead server, plus they are characters that have not been able to be played yet i pay every month to play all my characters