Who is your favourite voice actor in the game?

Moatcarp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, there are so many great ones. Grey Delisle as the female BH (though I keep hearing Viconia.:t_biggrin:). Stephen Rashbrook makes Darth Jadus sound incredibly creepy. Jennifer Hale (female trooper) is good in whatever role she plays, Jo Wyatt and Kath Soucie do very well. On the male side of things, male trooper's Brian Bloom (Varric) and Steve Blum are wonderful as always and it was a joy to hear Kristoffer Tabori reprising his role as HK-47... and future HK-51.

But, in my personal opinion, the very best is Xanthe Elbrick, the female sith inquisitor. She brings my wicked SI to life as no other and I genuinely hope that Bioware will use her in more of their games.

Edited by Chrysantemum

Oh my, there are so many great ones. Grey Delisle as the female BH (though I keep hearing Viconia.:t_biggrin:). Stephen Rashbrook makes Darth Jadus sound incredibly creepy. Jennifer Hale (female trooper) is good in whatever role she plays, Jo Wyatt and Kath Soucie do very well. On the male side of things, male trooper's Brian Bloom (Varric) and Steve Blum are wonderful as always and it was a joy to hear Kristoffer Tabori reprising his role as HK-47... and future HK-51.

But, in my personal opinion, the very best is Xanthe Elbrick, the female sith inquisitor. She brings my wicked SI to life as no other and I genuinely hope that Bioware will use her in more of their games.

"There will be no survivors."

Love Xanthe's voice too.

The funny thing is the voice actor for Solid Snake is the voice actor for the Jedi Knight

Personally I think the best voice actor is Jamie Glover as Darth Malgus, the voice is perfect for the character

Definitely this. Voice acting and lines are perfect.

The funny thing is the voice actor for Solid Snake is the voice actor for the Jedi Knight

Not spoiling anything, but the voice of Col. Campbell is also in the Knight story as a General or Admiral on Hoth that tells the Knight his missions.

Favorite class voices:

Male Smuggler (Maury Sterling) - I just think it's great delivery. Subtle, sarcastic, smooth, whiny when the story fits it; great match.

Male Inquisitor (Euan Morton) - Such a deep, rich voice - I love it on my light side assassin, even though it was clearly meant to be saying evil things. Just sounds so... lofty.

Female trooper (Jennifer Hale) - There's a quality to it I can't quite describe but I really like it. It's tough. Really sounds "military" without being robotic.

Female bounty hunter (Grey DeLisle) - There's a huskiness and toughness to her, perhaps more than the trooper.

Favorite companion voices:

Gault (Darran Norris) - Man I loved all my conversations with Gault. Such a great performance, had me laughing. Fits his personality well. Some people think he's annoying but I wouldn't have anything else.

Guss (Gary Schwartz - Same guy who did TF2 Heavy) - Guss is hilarious. The kinda hoarse voice just sounds so "happy old man gangster-ish".

HK (when we get him :D) - I think HK's voice is why everyone likes him as much as we do. It would be hard to make a droid have so much personality but still be a droid.

I would boil my all time favorite voice to Darran Norris I think... even though it's just a companion role.

Edited by Stenrik

The male Inquisitor is incredible. Has a subtle menacing tone, quite Palpatine-ish.

The male Warrior is also sharp and chill as ice. Incredible

Male Agent is just flawless.

Then there is the male Bounty Hunter with 'The-Man-With-No-Name' written all over his VA. Priceless.

The rest is also incredibly well done, but those do shine brighter for me.

My top 3 Males would be...

1. Steve Blum for all his random voices

2. The Male Smugglers Voice

3. David Hayder (sp?) the male JK

for females

1. The chick who does Kira

2. Jennifer Hale as her various voices

3. The chick who does Risha

I can't find the actor's name (not even in IMDB)...but serious props go out to the voice of Broonmark.

His intonation, phrasing, pace are just spot on. You really can hear the effort he put into it. The amount of time he must have taken to master the intricacies of Talzzi, from accent, grammar, and really the pure emotion of the language, truly has paid serious dividends. It's a beautiful thing.

The male Sith Warrior is cool. Also Darth Jadus is super. Shady...

The post below is about animation:

(Although off topic wanna say that I think the Sith classes' moves and gestures sometimes are a bit too gangster-y. They don't quite match the classes. Sith should move less and while talking should have a more imposing style. Like with their hands holding each other on the back etc, or their head should move slightly upwards but with the stare remaining on the one they're talking to, or while talking they could look the other guy from top to bottom etc... you know things evil guys do.)

Edited by Varnast

Jennifer Hale is awesome. I also like the voices for the female Knight and Consular, whoever they are.

Male Bounty Hunter is a good voice but it's just out of place. Every time I hear one, I think "Solid Snake".

I imagine I'd think "FemShep" for JH had I played that game...

Male Jedi Knight is voiced by Solid Snake AkA David Hater also the only voice actor worthy of being noticed in this game.

Sith warrior is awesome - Mark Bazeley

Malavail Quinn - Richard Teverson

Imperial Agent is not bad either :) - Bertie Carvel

Of course all males... playing males in this game is way more fun :D

Edited by Evensong

Jennifer Hale is my biggest nerd crush ever.

She's a very attractive woman, with a sexy voice, who primarily works in video games. Yeah.. check please.

Jo Wyatt's voice also oozes sex appeal (Fem Imp Agent/Fem Hawke in DA2). I could listen to her read just about anything forever.

Of the guys-- I'd have to say the guy that voices Doc (JK companion). His comedic timing is superb. Doc is easily my favorite character in this entire game. It's so well written and well voiced. Pure comedy.