10 Easy Things for Bioware ! ! ! Yes 10 ! ! !

Cymate

Glad you liked the hype in my title!

Full title is: "Let's find 10 easy things BW could implement fast that would help a lot"

You see right now I think BW is paddling in the mud, the devs that still care that is. They undoubtly have good plans for improving the game, but right now so many things are more important (F2P, servers transfers,Laaaag,bugs,...) that 'new creative ideas' are on the slow cool down. Trouble is the stuff we all scream and crave for is generally new stuff, except for some cases like server transfers.

So why not build a list of 10 easy things to do that would help improve some aspects without needing more than the current staff resources; so easy that it could be implemented in 1.4 no sweat and the PR dept would be proud to claim as "user requested items".

So let me start the list with one item:

* Make it so that if I push a keyboard button, my armor is switched with the items in a special slot of my inventory.

(Easy to program and would remove pressure creating decent looking armors).

Note: this is no excuses for doing it right when all the urgent stuff is in the bank :csw_jabbapet:

Disclaimer: Not suggestions, just brain stormin'

Let me start with a couple of things from the guild summit.

1. Ready Check system

2. Guild taxes system - you want us to play alts, why not bank some of that extra coin for the guild bank

Now for the brainstorm

-UI - make the character portraits selectable to be hidden. Also more quickbars.

-UI - allow us to enlarge and move around buffs/debuffs

-Rookie Help channel - like in Eve Online for all the new F2P peeps - so they dont muck up general and they can get some actual help in the game

-Chat bubbles - i am not an RP'er but I think they would be useful

-Whisper ability from the guild list screen (Social window -> Guild) - man that is annoying

-Fix the bounty hunter bug for overload - the guy is dead already and I keep shooting him :(

-Arenas would definitely help the PvP community

Stop making different modes of raids and instead make different raids which are gated.

Its time for cross-server dungeon finder and warzones.

Make nightmare version of flashpoints in the game and implement working achievement system.

Have some rare items in the game for collectors , more mounts , pets.

Edited by Lunablade

Glad you liked the hype in my title!

Full title is: "Let's find 10 easy things BW could implement fast that would help a lot"

You see right now I think BW is paddling in the mud, the devs that still care that is. They undoubtly have good plans for improving the game, but right now so many things are more important (F2P, servers transfers,Laaaag,bugs,...) that 'new creative ideas' are on the slow cool down. Trouble is the stuff we all scream and crave for is generally new stuff, except for some cases like server transfers.

So why not build a list of 10 easy things to do that would help improve some aspects without needing more than the current staff resources; so easy that it could be implemented in 1.4 no sweat and the PR dept would be proud to claim as "user requested items".

So let me start the list with one item:

* Make it so that if I push a keyboard button, my armor is switched with the items in a special slot of my inventory.

(Easy to program and would remove pressure creating decent looking armors).

Note: this is no excuses for doing it right when all the urgent stuff is in the bank :csw_jabbapet:

Disclaimer: Not suggestions, just brain stormin'

The thing you mention with the armor can be implemented with macros like it is in rift, not the ideal way but works well and very easy to make work.

Which is one of my top suggestions, this game needs macros. And no i dont mean the really invasive kind, just the rudimentary kinds like the ones tha thave been in games since 1999.

My other suggestion is Dual specs, theyve said they were shooting for 1.4 but last time i heard anything about them was a long time ago, and that is why i have so little faith in bw anymore, they still dont understand why the game failed.

BW heres a free tip, it was all the little things like macros, lfg tools, dual specs and combat windows that added up to make this game a flop, if you spent the time and money youve put into F2P into fixing the little things like that you probably wouldnt have needed f2p, you should have taken some notes on Rift, they screwed up and left alot of those things out at launch too, then they fixed them and now rift is on the rebound.

I know some may have been mentioned, but here I go.

1. - Allow me to display which tier of Dark Side corruption I want to display. Example: choosing the tier 1 look, although I'm tier 3.

2. - Duel Spec.

3. - Remove or lower mod removal costs.

4. - Hood up or down option. Also as a side note I'd like to have my hair shown if I have a hat on or a hood up. Becoming magically bald is unacceptable.

5. - Allow facial hair on every species. Why not?

6. - More quickbars, and options to enlarge debuffs and buffs. I can't really see what is on people when looking at the Ops bars. Especially in heated PVP battles.

7. Dyes for armor and/or the ability to unify colors to any one piece and not just the chest. Same goes for companions.

8, Guild ships or halls on a "home" planet of the guild's choosing.

9. Have one massive storage bay for all of your characters and not just separate ones. Having to mail things to your characters every time is a redundant system when you designed the game for people to play ALTS. You know we are going to move things, so why waste our time having to log in and out.

10. - More Warzones and pvp options. i.e Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, King of the Hill...etc. These formulas having been around forever.

I could go on for a long time, but these are just what I thought of off the top of my head.

Edited by Sleprock

The Force is strong :w_cool: At this rate we will reach critical mass in no time!

Easy idea # 243 (ze idee in french) We all know the unfamous Dark Forum Reward Program like I got 3 pts for 'bad forum behaviour' and 1pt Warning so: Create a Forum Reward Program for most usefull and applicable ideas (to the game, concentrate, I see one dev in the back that is sleepy). Statuettes and such ok, but not the same that CE would or wouldn't get (just joking').

Seriously you blow me brains m8s :)

I'd like to see arena

One big bank for all my toons And credits combined

Give those players with higher level legacy the ability to buy perks/armor shells at a much much cheaper rate. Price are way to high by a large amount

Fix the game so it runs good.

Open up to the community an stop saving crap for the shows that all you do is blow smoke up people's butts

Share information on what is being worked on.

Stop shutting down forums when you do matenice. I mean is it running a game or something?

Upgrade all the sever hardware so it can handle the current load

Make more war zones that are ctf an stop with the story in war zones. That is not needed. We are pvping not tring to feel like we are in a story line

Orcron, thx nice ideas m8, would you say that "Big banks" would be the easier for them to do in like10 minutes, or the next one on your list? If they allocate 10 mn times 10 they need 1 hour 40 minutes for an average programmer * lets say $300 per hour = $500 bucks. Please please BW :csw_jabbapet:

Some time in a galaxy far away from my wife

Ok I'll bite since you took the effort to make such a nice hype title and all :D

- Dual spec, we can respec so the mechanics is there, just need a easy switching system

- Dual fit as mentioned, good idea

- When checking GTN, left click on item in inventory to auto fill that name, category etc for price search. It's a pain in the arse to search for prices

- Longer listing time on GTN

- DItch the GTN via mail for expired items, have a "stockroom" for expired items where we can re-list

- Rename "whisper" to "coms" or something more tech, we don't "whisper" in Star Wars we send holographic communications

- Make chat tabs remember which channel we talk to, the way it is now is extremely frustrating when trying to form groups, talk to people and general at the same time

- More/better quickbars and especially PROC icons, the procs and buffs are way to small and difficult to follow without constantly watching it like a hawk, I want to watch the fight not my bar

- Legacy storage

- Allow the community to vote on new names for the servers, it might make us feel like we have a say

- Reduce cost of mod extraction ALOT

- Allow us to read mail via hand pad computer, going to the mailbox wrecks of EQ/WoW, receiving items needs mailbox ofc

- Allow crafters to make an un-bind kit to unbind bound items, somewhat expensive but not excessive

Well that's the "quick fixes" that would help me at least, of course I still want to colonize my own little asteroid, mine it and build installations on it to defend against NPC invaders, and free-flight space, and sandbox player driven end-game content but I suspect that is a little more than a "quick fix" :D

Edited by Neloth

My list

- Reduce the cost for per character legacy perks. The point of legacy perks is to help with leveling alts, not force us to grind for money to make alt leveling easier (and negating the time saving)

- Legacy based bank/storage. We mail items between alts now. Make it easier for us

- Make all pre-level 50 bound items, bound to legacy. Again, this would help with alt leveling (besides, most gear doesn't last more than a few levels anyway, so its not like it would be OP)

- Legacy based crew skills management. At the moment I log in/out with my various toons to manage my crew skills. Having a screen to manage all my legacy toons crew skills would again make it easier.

- When exiting your ship on a planet, give us the option of where we want to go (orbital station or straight to planet). Also remove the docking tunnel!! Going from ship load screen, to tunnel, to station load screen, to station, to planet load screen to planet is damn annoying and a huge waste of time.

- Make mod/enhancement/armour/barrel removal costs free. You have said you want people to have a unique look. Cost is a huge barrier to us doing this.

- Most of all, have more regular, open communications with the community

I know a lot of my list above is legacy related, but it is such a wasted feature that BW could do so much with.

Edit: Just saw some other requests that I wanted to add to my list.

- Dual spec - Good idea. Would speed up the group finder, as people would queue under multiple rolls (and actually be able to do them!)

- Dual outfits - Another good idea (once aesthetic, one functional)

- GTN search - Please, please, please make the GTN search have more options.

Edited by DanteG

I still couldn't find the training dummies on Fleet but you could name one EA and the other BW to make previous idea work. Easy:p

Ok we have this "Arena" in the list 2 or 3 times, and I guess you refer to Ilum arena? So if it is the case my (easy) idea is to use a faction counter at the doors and you let people enter only if the count is more or less equal. Let's you also cap the max number of players per instance so that the server doesn't implode. When someone dies he has to wait a little bit to re-enter if the server is maxed so that other players have a chance to play. Maybe 30 vs 30 for a start?

Or 20vs20 I can live with that...

Ok the thread has been shoved in the Suggestion section; I really feel bad about this!!!

Tough to swallow.Edit: I said at the start this was no suggestions, we were brain storming, it is not at the suggestion level yet.

Edited by Cymate

lets give it a shot:

1. 64-bit Client / Dudes, we are living in the 21, century which brings computers with more then 4GB Ram.

4. Balance out the PvP Teams better. / no, i do not talk about skills.

8. Stop cloning WoW features. / We now know that Wow features can be implemented into this game

10. Listen to the community. Finally. As promised.

not hard so hard.. isn't it ;)