Deployed Shields damage reduction not working?

Glower

I am suspicious too. I think before it used to show in the stats that extra reduction...

Maybe that now it is a multiplucative dmg reduction, so it doesn't show on stat sheet... Just like the 20% dmg reduction of Troopers & Bounty Hunters.

You should test with a mate in duel or in the Outlaw Den and your mate must use a DoT for this test because DoTs are constant.

Unfortunately I can't test it myself, because I didn't took this talent.

Maybe that now it is a multiplucative dmg reduction, so it doesn't show on stat sheet... Just like the 20% dmg reduction of Troopers & Bounty Hunters.

You should test with a mate in duel or in the Outlaw Den and your mate must use a DoT for this test because DoTs are constant.

Unfortunately I can't test it myself, because I didn't took this talent.

Last I checked the BH/Commando shield actually changed the damage reduction listed on your stat sheet. They might have changed that recently (as in the last few weeks) so I'll check it once I get back in game. FYI their shield adds 25% DR which gives them around 55% for 12-15s in very good gear.

• 3 weeks later...

I also want to add as of later evasion is not working either. I have been in cover with the green bubble around my character going full force only to be burnt down by two or three players aggro. Several times I am laying there dead with the green bubble still going. Either the players hitting me are exploiting or my opinion is some how evasion is on a damage base and not a time base like advertised. I say this because if I have one player attacking me it seems to block one or two shots if I have focus fire it does nothing I activate it and watch my health continue to go down when two or more players are attacking.

The really need to fix this so you are immune to all the damage except dot's that are already on you for the 3 seconds the ability states. Right now it is just geme breaking.

I also want to add as of later evasion is not working either. I have been in cover with the green bubble around my character going full force only to be burnt down by two or three players aggro. Several times I am laying there dead with the green bubble still going. Either the players hitting me are exploiting or my opinion is some how evasion is on a damage base and not a time base like advertised. I say this because if I have one player attacking me it seems to block one or two shots if I have focus fire it does nothing I activate it and watch my health continue to go down when two or more players are attacking.

Evasion only works against ranged and melee attacks. It provides no protection against tech or force attacks.

It's not a three second immortality button.

• 4 weeks later...
I send a small bug report / question in august, it was almost immediately answered with "blah blah blah" and closed. Well, as always. :confused:

>_<;

Anyway, has anyone gone and tested like someone said placing a dot to see the difference?

I can confirmed that I purposely timed by 3 second evasion (my operative) and pop it right as Gunslingers are about to finish their Aimed Shot cast. I have been hit AND knocked back by both Aimed Shot and Ambush with evasion running yea thats the green bubble looking thing.

Evasion doesnt always dodge weapon attacks, I even tried to time my evasion against Ravage but lotta times I still get hit.

I dont know what to say but maybe Operative shouldn't have a working defensive CD even if it's a laughable 3 second weapon based attack only.

If you would like to test this its actually fairly easy to test. Have a gunslinger friend to channel quick shot or have him lay blaster sweep AoE right on top of you (these attacks has a lot of ticks) and pop evasion on your operative you will see something like dodge dodge dodge Xwhite damage dodge dodge dodge dodge Ywhite damage and so on. The 100% is not really 100%

I can confirmed that I purposely timed by 3 second evasion (my operative) and pop it right as Gunslingers are about to finish their Aimed Shot cast. I have been hit AND knocked back by both Aimed Shot and Ambush with evasion running yea thats the green bubble looking thing.

Evasion doesnt always dodge weapon attacks, I even tried to time my evasion against Ravage but lotta times I still get hit.

I dont know what to say but maybe Operative shouldn't have a working defensive CD even if it's a laughable 3 second weapon based attack only.

If you would like to test this its actually fairly easy to test. Have a gunslinger friend to channel quick shot or have him lay blaster sweep AoE right on top of you (these attacks has a lot of ticks) and pop evasion on your operative you will see something like dodge dodge dodge Xwhite damage dodge dodge dodge dodge Ywhite damage and so on. The 100% is not really 100%

You can with the buff exceed 100% accuracy. Snipers can hit 140% acc pretty easily and I know at least with saber ward your hit rate seems to be the difference of the two numbers. I didn't think evasion worked the same way, but if it's 140% - 105% or some such that would explain it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

using recording software to record damage done/recieved, when abilities are used, what the effects were, (per rules I can't disclose what software to use, but you are allowed to use recording softwares per the ToS, you just can't use Bot softwares) and also recording my own gameplay in PvPs to really learn and understand my toons better.

The Shields do not reduce any damage at all, what so ever. In not one data table I have makes any difference at all. Only thing that changes is Force Choke can't be used on you while the person trying to do it is on the other side of the shield, and that you can't get hit by a grappler hook, and so fourth either.

Abilities like full auto, saber throw, normal attacks, and so fourth, cause full, complete damage without issue. Nothing the sniper had shield wise decreases any damage at all. It can PREVENT certain abilities from even effecting you, but majority, as in 99% of everything else done to cause deliberate damage, will perform full damage.

However, critical hits recieved while shields are up, only cause normal damage instead of critical damage.