Lifetime subscription with exclusive Rodian playable species: $200 would you pay?

Dansu

Good discussion on today's TORwars podcast got me thinking... I might actually consider this if it existed.

Curious what others think?

Lifetime subscription with exclusive access to Rodians as playable species for one time $200

Would anyone else go for this?

Edited by Dansu

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good discussion on today's TORwars podcast got me thinking... I might actually consider this.

Curious what others think?

Lifetime subscription with exclusive access to Rodians as playable species for one time $200

Would anyone else go for this?

I'd pay the Lifetime sub, but I dont like Rodians, they get shot first :p

I'd prefer something more exotic, like a Droid or Kaleesh, or Droid Kaleesh

Edited by ChazDoit

Sure... but only if it came with a 10x your money back guarantee the game will last with bi-monthly content updates for a minimum of 2 more years.

While I'm incredibly disappointed I'll be able to play a Thundercat before a Rodian (the latter being an iconic Star Wars race as opposed to cat people which can be found in many other titles), it's not with $200 to play one. I don't have enough faith anymore the game will even exist by the time year two rolls around. I'll cross my fingers, but that's the best I can do.

Edited by InnerPieces

They won't be able to afford keeping the Servers going at the current rate. A 200 dollar Lifetime Sub might be too much lol. In all seriousness though, I could possibly go for this, if I knew there would be plenty of things to do for the years to come. Currently, I am worried there isn't going to be much added in the 6 months to even justify keeping a 15 dollar a month sub.

Nope. This isn't worth $200 for a lifetime sub. If this was a true MMO instead of the shadow of one, I'd be one fo the first to pony up a lifetime sub fee. Save your money. With the price of everything going up, you'll need it just to keep food on the table.

Nooooo. I donot like wasting my money. Which I do at times and it pisses me off. And I have little interest in playing any race but humans. I would however play a dwarf or elf if they had those. :D Edited by Valkirus

When anyone offers you lifetime subscription it means they are going down the toilet fast....it is away to get a big chunk of cash just before they pull the plug...on said game , magzine, or service....it's like going all in, a gamble in poker game.

When anyone offers you lifetime subscription it means they are going down the toilet fast....it is away to get a big chunk of cash just before they pull the plug...on said game , magzine, or service....it's like going all in, a gamble in poker game.

You mean like lord of the rings online which offered lifetime subs going on 6 years ago now? Or Star Trek Online which also offered lifetime subs years ago? In fact the only game i know of that actually closed while offering lifetime subs was hellgate london.

lifetime sub holders of LoTRO have made out like bandits.

Your opinon is just opinion.

NO

And I really enjoy this game. But once the money was sitting in the bank, the devs would have no incentive at all to improve the game. Too many people paying $200 on a lifetime sub would almost guarantee that the game fell apart.

Rodians are iconic? One character in six movies? Why not any of the other species that only had a cameo role in the movies? Weequays, Mon Cals, Gamoreans, & Nikto had more screen time. How bout, I don't know, maybe, .... a wookie?

lifetime sub holders of LoTRO have made out like bandits.

Your opinon is just opinion.

and your opinion is just an opinion as well...

value is subjective. therefore any statement on value is just an opinion.

I think MMO Champions had Lifetime subscription offer , not sure they honor it if they go free to play. F2P changes the whole ball gameit's like to different games running at the same time on one server. End game level capped , Elite equipped subscribber players are not going to have anything to do with F2P players , and F2P players will not get any new content that comes out without paying for it. F2P games like Guild Wars 2 will not have any subscription players just buy the game, and play that is the way to do F2P mmo .

NO

And I really enjoy this game. But once the money was sitting in the bank, the devs would have no incentive at all to improve the game. Too many people paying $200 on a lifetime sub would almost guarantee that the game fell apart.

Rodians are iconic? One character in six movies? Why not any of the other species that only had a cameo role in the movies? Weequays, Mon Cals, Gamoreans, & Nikto had more screen time. How bout, I don't know, maybe, .... a wookie?

The OP is most likely is dying for SWG 2. :rolleyes:

Edited by TalkingDinosaur