Sentinel rotation

deldog

seems like i am always getting owned by the enemy.And also im learning to pvp with my sentinel.Also seems like everyone goes after me first and i dont put out alot of dps.I guess my question is what would be a good rotation for a sentinel and what pvp bm and wh armor would great for a watchmen tree?

seems like i am always getting owned by the enemy.And also im learning to pvp with my sentinel.Also seems like everyone goes after me first and i dont put out alot of dps.I guess my question is what would be a good rotation for a sentinel and what pvp bm and wh armor would great for a watchmen tree?

As watchman, you'll want to use force leap + overload saber (overload saber is off GCD, and should complete its animation by the time you land) -> zealous strike (if necessary for focus) -> cauterize -> strike (as many times as necessary to build up focus for merciless slash) -> merciless slash (attempt to use merciless slash as often as possible while you wait on your overload saber cooldowns and to automatically reset your cauterize cooldown so that you can keep the bleed/slow going from it). Blade Storm is always nice to use, particularly if you're just beyond melee range and charge happens to be on cooldown (does solid damage too, if you have 5 stacks of juyo). Master Strike is powerful (particularly when you have 5 stacks of juyo), but save it until you have a perfect opportunity to nail someone with it (i.e. one of your teammates is stun-locking a target) - other than that, it's a filler for overload saber cooldown and a "shadow-cast" ability (meaning enemies will waste a knockback, stun, or defensive cooldown when you use master strike - which is good since that's one less method for them to keep you off of them for when you actually use overload saber).

Gear-wise you want Weaponmaster gear, same as any other sentinel regardless of spec. For watchman, I would recommend stacking power as that will increase the overall damage from your DoTs.

In addition to your dps rotation, you must utilize all of your defensive abilities, as sentinels have some of the best damage mitigation in the game.

Pacify - Basically causes your target to miss on melee/ranged attacks for 6 seconds.

Rebuke - 20% damage reduction and reciprocates damage. This effect lasts for 6 seconds but refreshes if you're attacked, and can last for up to a full 30 seconds. To make full use of this skill you want to pop it when you know you're being attacked/focused. Otherwise, it'll drop off after 6 seconds. This is very useful in Xv1 situations.

Saber Ward - Basically our bubble shield. Once again, most effective if you know you are being focused/attacked.

Guarded By The Force - Essentially 5 seconds of invincibility. Most efficient when your health is low. Normally I'll pop this and then follow it up with a medpac to try and buy some extra time if trying to stop a node cap or I know that my healer needs a little extra time to get me back up

Force Camo - Makes your attacker drop target and lets you stealth for 5 seconds. Once again, this skill is best for escaping from pressure. If you're getting focused heavily, stealth and get some separation from the fight, at least until you see your attackers shift to a different target.

Zen - In Watchman spec, this ability has a terrific defensive component in the self and group heals. To maximize it's effectiveness, make sure to pop it when you have full stacks of overload saber and cauterize on your enemy. As a Watchman you should be building centering at an extremely quick rate. In a normal encounter lasting 30-40 seconds, you should be able to pop your zen at least 2-3 times. With full DoTs, one application of Zen can bring you from 20% back to 50/60% health easily.

Thx for your guys help on this, when it comes to the pvp armor and trees and what skills to use and when i suck at. and i hate asking because i feel like a noob and i have been playing this game since it came out.but thx again

Do Warriors not know where their class forums are? I've only seen this kind of thread started in PvP forums by Juggs and Marauders and mirrors thereof.

Us warriors are a little slow due to the constant face rolling leaves our brain in a horizontal position, limiting blood flow to the cerebral cortex. Constant face rolling also does damage to the frontal lobe over time from excessive face smashing hoping we hit one of our 18 defensive CD's.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Us warriors are a little slow due to the constant face rolling leaves our brain in a horizontal position, limiting blood flow to the cerebral cortex. Constant face rolling also does damage over time from excessive face smashing hoping we hit one of our 18 defensive CD's.

I figured it was something like that.

force leap as an opener can be the death of you.

Yes, but it's commonly used as an opener in group fights (which is where Whatchman specs tend to be) - i.e. your group FF'd your old target and now you see that pesky healer beyond melee range that has half-way activated his big heal.

Furthermore, watchman gets the cooldown reduction talent on it, so it can afford to use it nearly every CD for the resource maintaining aspect.

Lastly, it's best to swap out the WH weaponmaster (marauder) armorings with the vindicator (DPS jugg) armorings (yes, you can put the vindicator armorings into medium armor and be able to wear it) - this method gives you that extra 10% damage bonus for 5 seconds following force charge (which can have incredible results) - using the vindicator set makes you become charge-heavy (even as an opener, regardless of your spec) since you'll almost always land at least one attack before they employ counter tactics.

Us warriors are a little slow due to the constant face rolling leaves our brain in a horizontal position, limiting blood flow to the cerebral cortex. Constant face rolling also does damage to the frontal lobe over time from excessive face smashing hoping we hit one of our 18 defensive CD's.

I could not tell whether you were saying we are the face-rollers or face-rollees, prolly 'case I haz bain dabage.

This is how i play my marauder.

Well not all the time, other times i'll dangle a cat toy above my keyboard and while my cat's are mashing keys the marauder just goes. It's always a good laugh when one of the furballs gets an assassin medal.

Edited by Evil_Santa

As watchman, you'll want to use force leap + overload saber (overload saber is off GCD, and should complete its animation by the time you land) -> zealous strike (if necessary for focus) -> cauterize -> strike (as many times as necessary to build up focus for merciless slash) -> merciless slash (attempt to use merciless slash as often as possible while you wait on your overload saber cooldowns and to automatically reset your cauterize cooldown so that you can keep the bleed/slow going from it). Blade Storm is always nice to use, particularly if you're just beyond melee range and charge happens to be on cooldown (does solid damage too, if you have 5 stacks of juyo). Master Strike is powerful (particularly when you have 5 stacks of juyo), but save it until you have a perfect opportunity to nail someone with it (i.e. one of your teammates is stun-locking a target) - other than that, it's a filler for overload saber cooldown and a "shadow-cast" ability (meaning enemies will waste a knockback, stun, or defensive cooldown when you use master strike - which is good since that's one less method for them to keep you off of them for when you actually use overload saber).

Actually if you open with a force charge, charge saber in mid air, hit zealous upon landing, then cauterize, you should have enough focus to get off a merciless slash so you should be able to go right to merc slash, and immediately back to cauterize.

Yes, but it's commonly used as an opener in group fights (which is where Whatchman specs tend to be) - i.e. your group FF'd your old target and now you see that pesky healer beyond melee range that has half-way activated his big heal.

Furthermore, watchman gets the cooldown reduction talent on it, so it can afford to use it nearly every CD for the resource maintaining aspect.

Lastly, it's best to swap out the WH weaponmaster (marauder) armorings with the vindicator (DPS jugg) armorings (yes, you can put the vindicator armorings into medium armor and be able to wear it) - this method gives you that extra 10% damage bonus for 5 seconds following force charge (which can have incredible results) - using the vindicator set makes you become charge-heavy (even as an opener, regardless of your spec) since you'll almost always land at least one attack before they employ counter tactics.

I have a watchment sentinal. I was just stating that force leap as an opener is asking for trouble. Again, this is situational. I love when they use it as an opener on me. Instant knockback / root / into my rotation.

I'm sure Dronepilot will come here shortly and will inform you that any rotation is God mode.

Failing that, try the Sentinel forum?

hahaha, Did some one call my name ?! :D

Answer - no, your just not playing it properly, learn to play. Derp answer..

Common answer for Sentinel and Mara - push button, A,B,C in any order and watch enemy melt away. ;)

This is how i play my marauder.

Well not all the time, other times i'll dangle a cat toy above my keyboard and while my cat's are mashing keys the marauder just goes. It's always a good laugh when one of the furballs gets an assassin medal.

omg, I am so right !!

Edited by dronepilot

this is how i play my marauder.

lmfao!

force leap as an opener can be the death of you.

yes. you want to avoid using your leap as an opener in pvp. it's your best gap closer. and every class has some kind of punt or stun to create immediate separation as soon as you get in melee range.