The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Would you pay 15 dollars in the game's Cash Shop for any of these?

Toogeloo

Most of them options will never be available in f2p model,

Never seen option to auto level char to max level.

Credits for real money extremely doubtful.

The things i would like to see is for example:

Opp Pack that when u buy it, its yours no time limit etc.

PVP Pack unlocks all pvp warzones etc one off payment.

These are sort of things that keep it f2p, and not pay to win.

Most of what OP listed i have never seen and would never be an option in any top mmo which this still falls into.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the OP's items interest me, particularly. I actually enjoy playing the game, so I don't want to skip over all the content. I don't care about switching factions or advanced classes. I make a decision and stick with it. And I don't mind taking time to earn my own credits in-game.

The first options makes option 2 and 3 kinda pointless if they cost the same.

-Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class)

-Advanced Class Respec

I would pay 15 dollars to be max 50 for sure, no need to change servers anymore

As the topic states, do you think these are likely to hit the cash shop within, say, 6 months of the F2P model launch? And do you feel they are worth up to 15 dollars to do so?

-Automatically leveling your character to the max level

-Advanced Class Respec

-Companion Parties (up to 3 Companions out at a time)

-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits)

Feel free to add your own wildly speculative and outlandish possibilities for the Cash Shop as well. These are just a few off the top of my head that I think are not Pay to Win, but are just kind of ridiculous but I fully imagine people asking for.

1. No, unless they already have a character of that class at max level on their account

2. Yes

3. No (see number 1)

4. Yes, though could be frustrating as computer AI usually isn't as good as human intelligence.

5. Yes, as long as they put a price cap on items sold in GTN

Edited by Apocalypsezero

So game genie for swtor? No thank you. Leveling in this game is not terribly difficult anyway.

Would I pay in-game currency for this: possibly. Could even make it into a roleplaying thing; such as your character defecting to the Republic. Would I pay real money for it: hell no.

-Advanced Class Respec

No... I'd just roll another character :rolleyes: Please see: it is not difficult to level in this game.

Maybe, but it would have to be cheaper than $15. The ability to do certain FPs with just companions could be interesting but at most I would pay $5 for it, and even then I would want the ability to buy it with in-game currency as well. (E.g. $5 or 2,000,000 credits to unlock Flashpoints with companion parties)

-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits

More swtor game genie? "Dude, turn on god-mode, this level is too hard!" Just no.

Edited by Thaltom

As the topic states, do you think these are likely to hit the cash shop within, say, 6 months of the F2P model launch? And do you feel they are worth up to 15 dollars to do so?

1.-Automatically leveling your character to the max level

2.-Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class)

3.-Advanced Class Respec

4.-Companion Parties (up to 3 Companions out at a time)

5.-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits)

Feel free to add your own wildly speculative and outlandish possibilities for the Cash Shop as well. These are just a few off the top of my head that I think are not Pay to Win, but are just kind of ridiculous but I fully imagine people asking for.

1. qualifies as P2W .. this being said, I won`t pay.

2. this is impossible - but I would move my reps to my imp "main" side, but ONLY if they keep their armors as they are on rep side and/or have access to rep designs.

3. no

4. P2W area. no pay

5. I am reasonably rich so I don`t care. In all honesty, this will ruin whatever economy the game has left and cause rampant inflation. I win either way, as my products will sell for more.

Edited by Styxx

Since they are all outrageous, not a chance. The third and fourth might be acceptable although I am against it, but implementing the rest would greatly accelerate me leaving this game. Edited by Gokkus

Reply: No, I would not pay for this. I want to level a character myself and play through it's story, thank you very much.

Reply: No, if I want a Marauder, i'll level one.

-Advanced Class Respec

Reply: Possibly, not sure on this.

Reply: This would defeat the purpose of the LFG tool, would it not?

-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits)

Reply: I probably would, but it seems a bit much.

It's an interesting thread idea, but I don't think these are likely to happen. Sorry.

You guys, I think this thread was supposed to be for us to think up outlandish items that probably won't be sold, not to critique the OP's mostly-joking post. :p

Somewhat realistic theories:

-Character transfers, frickin' PLEASE

-A token that gives you, say, 15 minutes to move around any and all mods you want without paying in-game credits

Outlandish theories:

-Non-mechanical mounts. Dewbacks!

--Visual alignment lock. Love the amber eyes of Dark I but not the zombie look of Dark IV, your actual alignment? Dial your face back and lock it to I!

-Trash skip. Who else detests Kaon Under Siege? Can't just be me.

You guys, I think this thread was supposed to be for us to think up outlandish items that probably won't be sold, not to critique the OP's mostly-joking post. :p

Somewhat realistic theories:

-Character transfers, frickin' PLEASE

-A token that gives you, say, 15 minutes to move around any and all mods you want without paying in-game credits

Outlandish theories:

-Non-mechanical mounts. Dewbacks!

--Visual alignment lock. Love the amber eyes of Dark I but not the zombie look of Dark IV, your actual alignment? Dial your face back and lock it to I!

-Trash skip. Who else detests Kaon Under Siege? Can't just be me.

lol good laugh at the "Outlandish theories".

Just passing by >

Automatically leveling your character to the max level - NOPE

Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class) - UNLIKELY

Advanced Class Respec - PROBABLY

Companion Parties (up to 3 Companions out at a time) - NEVER HAPPEN

Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits) - UNLIKELY

As to WHY:

Auto-levelling characters defeats the purpose of the game: experiencing the content. Content Locusts are one of the reasons that MMO's can never put out "end game" content fast enough.

Under the current system, switching factions to a mirror class would still cause headaches. Powers are similar, yes, but some gear is faction-only and they would have to code a "gear switch" and not everyone would like the other faction's gear (yes, Republic, we're looking at YOU) so this ultimately becomes more headache than it's worth.

Advanced Class Respec - some love the idea, others hate it, but it seems that it would be the easiest to code. Probably a greater understanding going in that the player would be responsible for new gear (as opposed to the faction-only problem with switching sides)

The engine isn't set up for multiple companions out at a time, and honestly this would be too much of an EASY button for single players (not to mention GROUPS) - plus in areas of Open World PvP, it would be a Pay to Win scenario where one player with 3 companions attacks other players who only "bought" one.

Allowing players to buy credits with Cartel Coins would throw the economy into the kind of rampant inflation that made SWG a nightmare. The ability for alts to send money between their Legacy members makes it a little easier for the poore alts while all credits were earned in-system. This idea would have ruinous results and cause price hikes so high that people would HAVE to "buy" credits to get anything they wanted; and THAT, my friends, is what propogates the infamous Gold Farmers.

I don't see the OP's ideas happening. Some might be interesting but I think it will be more around the lines of:

Unlock character races

Unlock additional rows in inventory

Unlock additional tabs in storage

Unlock Operations

Unlock unlimited flashpoints

Expansions

Speeder skins

Adaptable orange gear (possibly legacy bound)

XP boosts

Character slots

Furnishings for starships

Fireworks

Dyes

Things like that...

NO!!!! I won't spend a cent above my sub fee. EVER!!!!

Dude, don't trip. Your sub means you keep all your current options and new content is also paid for with the sub, plus you get cartel credits with your sub as well, so no worries.

Dude, don't trip. Your sub means you keep all your current options and new content is also paid for with the sub, plus you get cartel credits with your sub as well, so no worries.

We'll see. I would like to believe that, but I've been lied to by Bioware about what they'd do far too many times to believe anything until I see it. Greed is powerful. Time will tell.

$15 for 10 mil might be worth it.

Full level character? they will never do that IMO. I do hope there is XP boosts for coinage though, as I want to catch up with my friends on my alt and would be willing to spend some of my free coins to do so.

I MIGHT also be willing to spend a couple bucks for character slots, or preferrably just some of my free coins for that.

NO!!!! I won't spend a cent above my sub fee. EVER!!!!

You could alwyas use the Cartel points that you will recieve as a monthly stipend. No reason to spend more money, just save up a few months worth to get what you want.

And I am still hoping that there is an in-game way to earn more Cartel Coins, much like DDO, STO and LotRO have.

Frankly, giving EA ideas free ideas on how to milk more money out of players is just terrible, and you should feel bad for starting this thread.

I could also help EA/BW to see the reasons why people do not want those items in the cash shop. There is nothing wrong with the OP asking the question, even though I think that most of the items he listed would be the wrong move by EA.

And do you really think that EA/BW would not have thought of those on their own?

Frankly, giving EA ideas free ideas on how to milk more money out of players is just terrible, and you should feel bad for starting this thread.

Things that I would totally pay up to 10 skrilla for.

1. More character slots.

2. New races.

3. Race changes.

4. Companion race change/Skin. Cyber Mako to Mirialan Mako.

5. Cosmetic items - pets, mounts, empty orange armor.

6. Character Xfers.

Things I would CONSIDER paying up to 25 skrilla for.

1. Ship swap/new ship choice. SW "acquires" the IA ship.

2. Faction change

3. Not too much else.

I give this freely to EA/Bio so they can "milk' me for my money.

Well, it's not like EA would PAY someone for ideas on their own forums, so not sure where you were going with that.

Also, if they offer items of value that players are willing/happy to pay for, it's not really "milking."