The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Would you pay 15 dollars in the game's Cash Shop for any of these?

Toogeloo

As the topic states, do you think these are likely to hit the cash shop within, say, 6 months of the F2P model launch? And do you feel they are worth up to 15 dollars to do so?

-Automatically leveling your character to the max level

-Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class)

-Advanced Class Respec

-Companion Parties (up to 3 Companions out at a time)

-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits)

Feel free to add your own wildly speculative and outlandish possibilities for the Cash Shop as well. These are just a few off the top of my head that I think are not Pay to Win, but are just kind of ridiculous but I fully imagine people asking for.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the topic states, do you think these are likely to hit the cash shop within, say, 6 months of the F2P model launch? And do you feel they are worth up to 15 dollars to do so?

-Automatically leveling your character to the max level yes

-Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class) yes, if 1 isn't available

-Advanced Class Respec no

-Companion Parties (up to 3 Companions out at a time) no

-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits) currently, no, got no clue to do with all my creds

Feel free to add your own wildly speculative and outlandish possibilities for the Cash Shop as well. These are just a few off the top of my head that I think are not Pay to Win, but are just kind of ridiculous but I fully imagine people asking for.

An option to skip the leveling curve definitely doesn't get any objection in my book. It's a chore with no additional value to level character after character. Even as an instant lvl 50 I can still quickly do the few class specific quests and have that done. Gameplay wise the mechanics to these MMO's are so familiar that it only takes about 10 - 15 minutes of play on a capped char to get the hang of its skills.

So yes, if I can skip the roughly 120 hours of playtime or so by laying down 15 bucks it's a steal. If I'd use those hours to work you'd cash in over 1k bucks quickly.

1-Automatically leveling your character to the max level

2-Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class)

3-Advanced Class Respec

4-Companion Parties (up to 3 Companions out at a time)

5-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits)

I think 1, 4 and 5 would be kind of pay to win.

I think 1 would defeat the purpose of playing the game

I think 3 defeats some of the games push to have you play alts

Out of all those, 2 is the only one I find reasonable. Not that I wouldn't take some of the others if they were offered; I just don't think they should be,

-Advanced Class Respec

Just a minor point of technicality: I'm pretty sure a companion party upgrade to 3 companions at once would be a Pay To Win option, as you'd readily outclass any other player in world PVP who was limited to just one companion.

I believe them when they say they are dedicated to avoiding P2W scenarios.

But as I mentioned, just a minor thing overall.

-Advanced Class Respec

I would purchase credits if i really wanted something and dont have the time to farm the credits.

Having 3 companions out at the same time would give you an edge in world pvp but i think its to much pay to win and switching faction is a really good thing to have in a cash shop imo.

1-Automatically leveling your character to the max level

2-Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class)

3-Advanced Class Respec

5-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits)

1- No. Leads to too many "ebay" warriors.

2- Meh, doesn't take that long to level a toon, so no.

3- No. Should be an option in game along with duel spec.

4- No. If something like this is implemented it should be part of the game since it fits the overall play of the game.

5.- Helz no. THIS leads to B2Win. I am totally against B2Win.

I can't see them doing anything that leads to class story bypassing such instant 50 or switch factions (unless you have a 50 of that class on your account?). I also hope they avoid being able to buy in game credits.

I'd pay $15 to switch AC.

Multi-companion parties would be a good feature for the game, included for subscribers, so a nice feature for F2Pers to buy for $15, specially if it comes with a new gameplay mode (e.g., companion arenas).

I think no to all of them. The change advance class I might use at some point but none of the others. I actually want to see fluff content, and stuff my toon actually gets new ship, new outfit, new pets, etc. Not just a magic wand and I am a diffrent class or advanced class or have a lv 50 toon with no gear then have to buy the gear from the cash shop too. Leveling the character 1-50 is the most fun in the gane,. Other than the credits one though I would be happy for them to all be avaliable I just dont think I would use them. .

-Advanced Class Respec

No

And the automatic max level one would probably make me cancel my subscription to be honest as so many bad players would now be even worse with their new class.

Faster leveling is NOT THE ANSWER.

1- No. Leads to too many "ebay" warriors.

2- Meh, doesn't take that long to level a toon, so no.

3- No. Should not be an option in game

4- No. If something like this is implemented it should be part of the game since it fits the overall play of the game.

5.- Helz no. THIS leads to B2Win. I am totally against B2Win.

stole this since it covered my feelings on the matter save for choice three.

They are never going to sell something that instantly grants you level cap. That would be simply shooting themselves in the foot. They also are never going to sell in game credits for points. You wont get people to play the game by handing them everything. Also it is impossible to switch factions so rule that out too. Advanced respec I can see being available in the store. Thats about it.

An option to skip the leveling curve definitely doesn't get any objection in my book. It's a chore with no additional value to level character after character. Even as an instant lvl 50 I can still quickly do the few class specific quests and have that done. Gameplay wise the mechanics to these MMO's are so familiar that it only takes about 10 - 15 minutes of play on a capped char to get the hang of its skills.

So yes, if I can skip the roughly 120 hours of playtime or so by laying down 15 bucks it's a steal. If I'd use those hours to work you'd cash in over 1k bucks quickly.

problem with someone skipping levels 1-50 is they will suck at playing their character for long time while they try to learn the basics... NO way I would bring such people on OP's or HM runs.... They would cause the group to wipe over and over again especially if there playing a Tank or Healer....

Leveling 1-50 teaches you how to play your class, even then some people still need more time .... So no to instant leveling.... But If Bioware did add this then they need to put a N next to there name for Newbie so we know to avoid them like the plague...

They are never going to sell something that instantly grants you level cap. That would be simply shooting themselves in the foot. They also are never going to sell in game credits for points. You wont get people to play the game by handing them everything. Also it is impossible to switch factions so rule that out too. Advanced respec I can see being available in the store. Thats about it.

You don't think BW would want to make money off of things most people would do for free in the game anyways? That's an extra 15 bucks they wouldn't normally make from someone who just levels normally.

In fact I'm more inclined to believe a person who is willing to spend money for instant level cap would spend even more money for Credits or other unlocks.

Edited by Toogeloo

-Advanced Class Respec

Items in green I feel would be bad. The others would also have to be added as free legacy wide unlocks

auto level is okay if you already played that class, but otherwise you miss the story, which is just wrong in so many ways... but giving people options is never a bad thing i guess...

cash for credits is pay to win since you can buy campaign gear on the gtn... sure there are places u can buy credits (3rd party) but instituting that in game is pay to win.

i would love having 3 companions out at the same time, but it should only be allowed in flashpoints, and you should be alone and you should be able to pause the game and assign commands... like kotor/da/me

How about $15 for:

Buying a new ship design, or switching your ship to another of the class' ships

The ability to switch armor appearances to the oppositte faction's appearance of the same named armors (since they only realease new appearances one by one, and all the tiers all have the same appearance in different colors, this may help the "small" customization problem) (granted, they should do this for all subscribers without extra pay, but whatever)

Access to a barber or "plastic surgeon"

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

This, with the caveat they can only be out inside a flashpoint or instanced quest area. otherwise world PvP would suck if someone who didn't have it ran into someone who did.

-Advanced Class Respec

I would definitely go for these:

-Advanced Class Respec

I took out Auto leveling and additional companions being taken out for these following reasons:

- Its already easy enough to level and I actually don't mind earning my progression.

- leveling in the game is easy enough with one companion don't need an additional one unless......it applies to heroics and flashpoints. Now that I would go for.

You don't think BW would want to make money off of things most people would do for free in the game anyways? That's an extra 15 bucks they wouldn't normally make from someone who just levels normally.

In fact I'm more inclined to believe a person who is willing to spend money for instant level cap would spend even more money for Credits or other unlocks.

There are no f2p games which will sell you a premade lvl capped character. They make more money off xp boosts than they would off of that. The only thing I have seen is where you can buy a character thats similar to one youd have done the intros on. In lotro you can buy a thing called "vet status" that will make you lvl 5 (out of 75 levels) and give you some minor gear/coin.

The person who would pay for instant level cap will be bored and quit. People do spend quite a bit more using xp boosts and things of that nature.

-Advanced Class Respec

SURE lets just kill the economy with 1 Cashshop item.