A Message from the Community Manager

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@GalacticKegger and Andryah

1.You should start seeing improvements as of Friday.

2.Sorry you feel that way. I'm hoping our actions will speak louder than words and win you over eventually.

3.That's two politician mentions back to back. Look, we're trying something different and the changes will be gradual (starting with more frequent dev reponses) in the upcoming weeks. I hope that you give us a chance to prove ourselves. Rest assured, I aim to deliver.

1. There were no improvements on Friday.

2. I asked for actions, as per his own admission. Not even actions... collateral that said actions will come to fruition.

3. There is a post in here showing that they literally posted less afterwards.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moriganno

Enough promises. Pls deliver

Will do!

Again... I asked them to deliver, by his own admission. It is only fair to put a collateral as a token of goodwill. He asked for my 15. I only asked a guarantee for my 15.

Why? What is so important about a video game that it would possess someone to try backing someone else into a corner?

The game and its direction. It`s one thing to rest assured that tomorrow you`ll find the same game and another to find said game butchered or changed. I would have NOT started playing having been started as F2P, because I don`t have a too good opinion on F2P games. I simply want to know if they are willing to come and guarantee the game will not change TOO much. Because I really want to play this game, but I won`t pay a fortune in doing so. I believe in this game more than EA does anyway, by paying my 15. Thing is...does Bioware still believe in it?

Edited by Styxx

This is the third or fourth time this has happened.

We have a couple mods come in, post in a flurry for one day... Then completely vanish. Come on devs, you said we would be getting communication. We are tired of empty promises, we want real info, we want will discourse, we want to be shown that we are respected by BioWare here.

I mean, come on, we are paying our dues. Some of us have been paying since release or even before. Many of us followed this for years. Yes, we feel like you owe us some honest discourse... Would you disagree?

This is the third or fourth time this has happened.

We have a couple mods come in, post in a flurry for one day... Then completely vanish. Come on devs, you said we would be getting communication. We are tired of empty promises, we want real info, we want will discourse, we want to be shown that we are respected by BioWare here.

I mean, come on, we are paying our dues. Some of us have been paying since release or even before. Many of us followed this for years. Yes, we feel like you owe us some honest discourse... Would you disagree?

they havent vanished yet

8 posts today, one introducing a new thread. Sure some days are busier than others, but what can you do? I'm impressed with the communication thus far.

It's a pity the good posts with valid points in this thread are being lost amongst immature whining and unrealistic expectations.

Uh..uh. It is clearly unrealistic to expect any guarantees other than hot air, true. I am glad it is perfectly realistic to take said hot air as gospel.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=524789&page=3

Whether or not we sell something as a character vs. account unlock will depend on what makes sense for the selected item and/or unlock -- some will be character-based, whereas some will be account-based. Items that are character-based will, in most cases, be transferable to other characters in your legacy. In the case of certain unlocks where it makes sense, we are also looking to allow players to choose -- pay a small fee to unlock a feature for one character, or pay a slightly higher fee to unlock it for all characters on the account. Hopefully, this will allow players to tailor the experience to their own play style.

Will HK-51 be a Cash Shop companion, or will it be as originally said, some big Quest, needing chars on both sides?

I wanted to take some time to reassure you all that my team, the community team, is still committed to you folks. As part of this commitment, we’re excited to let you know that we have been developing a brand new strategy for our team that focuses on developing new ways to bring you more information about the game and the people involved with SWTOR's development.

As we progress towards the recently announced Free-to-Play experience, you can expect more frequent updates to the game (which means more information coming to you) and more developer interactions.

So basically you've been spending these last 2-3 weeks talking about it, instead of doing it? How about you actually deliver, rather than making promise after promise after promise :mad:

So basically you've been spending these last 2-3 weeks talking about it, instead of doing it? How about you actually deliver, rather than making promise after promise after promise :mad:

Do you read the Developer Tracker to see what's being said? There have been frequent posts, most but not all by Allison Berryman, where the Community Team has gone and asked the relevant developer about a particular issue and come back with a reply. Some Devs have come in and replied personally.

Not on all issues, certainly. Some seem to be behind fairly impermeable non-disclosure agreements to the point where even Community Team replies of the "Sorry guys - we have no new information. We'll keep trying and let you know when we do" variety are posted indirectly in such a manner that the Dev Tracker doesn't track them, which I find bizarre and frustrating.

But the information is flowing, which gives me some hope that some issues which have not had much Developer attention may in fact be addressed in coming weeks.

Edited by Uluain

At this point. I am happy that they typed one sentence. I could be cyclical and twist and distort their words. But at least they acknowledged our existence. If I keep trying to distort or spin what they say. They might not reply out of fear of taken out of content. So I am glad they at least said Hello, even if that's all it was.

Or lack there of. Its been almost a month since the announcement and as usual the only one actually doing what they say is the awesome Allison. Rest are sitting on their thumbs it seem's.

To be fair, Allison is deputized to be their principal go-between. So while we may hear from others, this is really her balliwick. And she can only give us the information she gets. I do think the Devs, or those who determine what the Devs may or may not say, need to think a lot more seriously about openness, but I really do think the Community Team is doing the best with the situation they have to deal with.

I would have felt the same way if I enjoyed the overall story line. But I know what you mean; the last 15 minutes of BSG ruined the entire series for me. It went from something clever to trite in a handful of lines.

Wait, wait. You didn't like the Mass Effect story arc, but you thought the BSG story arc was clever? If that wasn't the saddest thing I ever read, I might laugh about. BSG defined trite, and many other adjectives, none of the positive. I'd ask you to enlighten me about what you thought was clever, but I've heard the BSG apologetics refrain many times.

Edited by Cubed_Art

I haven't been here very long so I don't have the experience with the Community Team that everyone else has but there does seem to be a large portion of the community upset about the lack of communication, and it seems to me that at this point, "we have no new information" is probably the worst reply you could make. I know that HK-51 has been mentioned for a while now and there hasn't been a response as to when he comes out. "No new information" is not a good response for this. You can't announce content and then not at least say when it's coming out. This is something that needs a specific date, and if no date is available there should at least be a specific reason why. I'm enjoying this game myself and haven't reached end-of-game for any of my characters yet, but this isn't an effective means. I understand that you can't please everyone, but lack-of-information like this is creating a very unpleasant community in general, so its probably time to just address the issues with real answers as opposed to "soon" or "n/a". Edited by jamesvasquez

There is another way to read the "sorry, no new info" replies, though, which I think is more positive and in a real way constructive as it helps at least take the edge off impatience. When the Comm Team takes an issue and steps in to respond even though they have no new info it is a way of saying, "We know this is important, we'll let people know you want to know about this, and we'll bring you the info as soon as we have it."

Should the Powers That Be do more to expidite the flow of information? Well, I know we all would like that but it is a balancing act. Some people will never be satisfied with an answer but always clamor for more. And the more time you spend answering questions is less time you have to spend creating the game.

That said, I do hope our Comm Team does whatever can be done to hammer on the Iron Curtain of Impenetrable Non-Disclosure for us. But they aren't the ones who can make that call, and in many cases the Devs can't either due to legal, contractual reasons. All we can hope is that they relay to those who can make those decisions just how intensely the player community is giving them the collective stink-eye.

Edited by Uluain

I loved BSG all the way to the end. The end wasn't perfect I'll admit, but it was hard for me to see any other way it could have gone. I think it worked. The Starbuck thing was a bit weird though.

I'm happy to see focus changed to forum responses. That at least gives some hope posts are being read, even if they don't respond to them.

I loved BSG all the way to the end. The end wasn't perfect I'll admit, but it was hard for me to see any other way it could have gone. I think it worked. The Starbuck thing was a bit weird though.

I'm happy to see focus changed to forum responses. That at least gives some hope posts are being read, even if they don't respond to them.

BSG was probably the best thing that happened to sci-fi in a loooong time. The end was perfect for me, because endings can never fully satisfy everyone. Plus, there is the emotional part to an ending - knowing that this is the last episode you're watching, you expect too much.

A truly amazing show.

Almost forgot...

What is the ETA on the companions sound? The issue that places the source to someone else`s companion, instead of our own? It was quite a big deal around patch 1.2 and it hasn`t fixed itself yet.

I would like some acknowledgement that the fact that any companion with a stance selected will automatically go in to "weapon out" mode when they are summoned, is being fixed.

Fed up of seeing Kira on the bridge of my ship with her lightsaber out for no reason.

I would like some acknowledgement that the fact that any companion with a stance selected will automatically go in to "weapon out" mode when they are summoned, is being fixed.

Fed up of seeing Kira on the bridge of my ship with her lightsaber out for no reason.

Yes, I think I put up a "sheath/holster companion weapon" request up on Suggestion Box. If I haven't, I should.

On another topic entirely...

If the community team is going to restrict discussion of a topic to one thread in an out-of-the-way forum, and wishes us to post there exclusively, and wants us to believe it really is being read and not ignored, it behooves them to respond more often than never in eight months.

227 days

6,023 posts

0 BioWare Staff replies

Edited by Uluain