Advance Class Respec

OHMYZOD

How is allowing people to change classes going to make the GAME better? It will make your time in game better, but it will make my time in game worse, having to deal with people who have no idea how to play a new class.

"Sorry, I was an assassin this morning, I forgot I don't have stealth anymore." "I was a sorc yesterday, I forgot I can't heal." "Forgot I can't wear heavy armor. Just went from guardian to sentinel. Sorry, I'd give you that nice upgrade, but it's soulbound." These are just a few examples.

If there is a proper expense associated with the AC respec, you will not have people flopping from one to the other so frequently that they forget and grief you. It will just allow folks to enjoy more things about the game we all love.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sorry, I was an assassin this morning, I forgot I don't have stealth anymore." "I was a sorc yesterday, I forgot I can't heal." "Forgot I can't wear heavy armor. Just went from guardian to sentinel. Sorry, I'd give you that nice upgrade, but it's soulbound." These are just a few examples.
Examples of what? Running into inexperienced players? That happens now and are pretty petty reasons to want to keep an option away from someone respeccing into the other half of the class they picked at character creation.

Point is, You shouldnt have to make an Alt to play a different Advanced Class. -ADVANCED CLASS-, You know the alternate tree of specs available to the CHARACTER you created. Yah alts of different natures should have to be played fresh. Cant wait for this to be implemented so all the arguing can end.

Again, If the idea of this doesnt appeal to a player no one is forcing said player to partake. At the current moment of the game, (using group finder), youve never encountered a "New" 50 that isnt geared or seasoned in tanking or healing? Just like anyone else we all have the option to drop from the team and look for other players we feel suited for the task at hand.

Those opposed would not be forced to USE the option to change AC's, but we would all be forced to deal with those who are too lazy to actually level and learn a new class. I guess we have to hand them everything they want because their time is more valuable than mine and that of everyone else.

...I'm sure Bioware didnt think the game would be F2P within 1 year either, but ......

Pretty sure that was the plan from the beginning. At the very least, it was always on the table. Large corporations that invest over $200 million in a video game don't just wake up one day and make a rash decision to implement a F2P option. And remember, it's just that...and option. There is still a sub model for this game.

Everyone acts like F2P is the end of days. :rolleyes:

Point is, You shouldnt have to make an Alt to play a different Advanced Class. -ADVANCED CLASS-, You know the alternate tree of specs available to the CHARACTER you created. Yah alts of different natures should have to be played fresh. Cant wait for this to be implemented so all the arguing can end.

You mean the other CLASS that you could have chosen when you chose to play the one you have now? If BW comes out again and says they will not be implementing AC respecs, will that stop all the begging for handouts?

There's nothing wrong with switching ACs as long as there is a time/cost restriction. Switching from a healing scoundrel to a dps scoundrel is as much of a difference as switching from a dps scoundrel to a gunslinger.

Changing ACs is not a slippery slope either. The likelihood of having a faction / complete class change is slim because of story/choice restrictions.

Edited by Antipodes

They can't allow you to they already scripted you can only pick one and added multiple warning boxes

they would have to pay someone to undo it and add new code too, all so you can be lazy.

Of course now with F2P just wait at worst it'll be a couple of months and they will allow you for a cash price

will that stop all the begging for handouts?

Yep , it probably will. I'll play my man to 100. Then i'll proudly walk away like every other logical player already has or is currently doing. Then players like yourself, after achieving a hard fought win, can then proceed to play on 10 man servers. Because after all, its not about keeping players subbed. Its about keeping elitist snobs happy, because they started 20 characters.

BTW ratajack, what Advanced Class do YOU play? I'm sure when they get around to finally patching this game again you'll be 1 happy camper when they neuter your Main into an Ewok Lieutenant.

My main is an assassin. I also have a commando, a mercenary and some lower characters. Being nerfed does not affect me like it apparently does you. I do not have to be the OP class or the FOTM to have fun. I learned long ago to adapt to change and that anything worth having is worth working for. I have never chosen a class based on how powerful it was. I choose my classes based on how fun they are for me to play. If they nerf my DPS, so be it, I'll continue to do the best I can.

If they allowed a ONE TIME AC respec that was expensive enough to make a person give it some thought before spending either the real money or credits to do so, would that satisfy you?

What happens if they allow one time AC respecs, and you go from AC A to AC B because A got nerfed, then they nerf B and buff A? Are you going to want to switch back? Let's go a step further. What happens when they nerf both powertech and mercenary, but buff marauder to god mode? Are you going to want to change to marauder?

You mean the other CLASS that you could have chosen when you chose to play the one you have now? If BW comes out again and says they will not be implementing AC respecs, will that stop all the begging for handouts?

will that stop all the begging for handouts?

Yep , it probably will. I'll play my man to 100. Then i'll proudly walk away like every other logical player already has or is currently doing. Then players like yourself, after achieving a hard fought win, can then proceed to play on 10 man servers. Because after all, its not about keeping players subbed. Its about keeping elitist snobs happy, because they started 20 characters.

How many times do you need to hear from BW that AC's are different classes and they will not be implementing AC respecs? Several of your past posts have indicated that you don't care what BW says, just "GIMME THE RESPEC" When does the begging for handouts actually stop?

BW originally stated that AC respec would be in after launch so this is not an outlandish request.

Anything that will make the game more fun and bring players back to allow this game to flourish should be on the table.

If it's done right, with the proper expense/legacy level, you won't be griefed and it will not be available to, so called, lazy players.

IMO they'll never allow AC respecs, because they (correctly) state that ACs are classes. Most ACs play totally different from each other. Besides...maybe they'll magically figure out a how to code dual specs in time for the cash shop, but so far they can't even figure *that* out, and you're asking for a class respec? lol

BW originally stated that AC respec would be in after launch so this is not an outlandish request.

No they didn't. They said *dual specs* would be added. They've adamantly been against AC respecs since forever.

Edited by HarleysRule

I personally would never use a respec if they offered it. I am enjoying the leveling so much that to me its been a blast playing both advanced classes per base type. I would personally perfer that they add dual spec before they add a respec. As others have said this might one day show up in the cartel shop but honestly with the time it takes to relevel a character I dont see this personally as a big issue with it not being in game.

IMO they'll never allow AC respecs, because they (correctly) state that ACs are classes. Most ACs play totally different from each other. Besides...maybe they'll magically figure out a how to code dual specs in time for the cash shop, but so far they can't even figure *that* out, and you're asking for a class respec? lol

No they didn't. They said *dual specs* would be added. They've adamantly been against AC respecs since forever.

This was a quote from Stephen Reid back before launch...

"Advanced Class switching (or re-speccing, take your pick) was, at one point, potentially going to go into the game. Right now, it’s not in the game. It could potentially be added after launch. Like, frankly, anything else. To quote Georg “we reserve the right to change our minds based on feedback and testing”."

It seems to me the community is split pretty evenly on this issue, but I think the true question is what is best for the game.

Considering we've tried it for almost 8 months without AC respecing, and our beloved game has been nicknamed TORtanic.

Perhaps we should be open minded to try something new.

But that's probably too logical for these forums.

Also, Man your quality of life must be horrible with an Assassin as your main..... LOL

Glad you play a gimp class and wanna respec as well.

I stated before, I do not need to be the OP, FOTM, god mode class to be enjoy a video game, unlike you apparently do. My sense of self worth is not tied to a video game. Nowhere have you seen me even ask for a respec, let alone demand one.