Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rumours regarding Asia/Pacific servers.

Anarchistic

:csw_trooper: Was just logged in to Dalborra and there are rumours of closing the Asia/Pacific servers and transferring people to U.S ones, personally I have not read anything from EA and co regarding this, is there any information regarding these rumours? :csw_fett:

From what I can understand you are being trolled, to my knowledge they just spent an abundance of funds getting people to those servers. Thus, why they would decide to reverse it is beyond me unless its financially undo-able for Bioware to fund those servers anymore.

Again this is to the best of MY knowledge and might not be correct, but this is my insight.

The sky is falling too???

I think the F2P thing has people bugged.. There are a lot of rumors flying around and not much real information.. Unless there is an actually source from Bioware or EA. then it is just a rumor and of no value..

:csw_trooper: Was just logged in to Dalborra and there are rumours of closing the Asia/Pacific servers and transferring people to U.S ones, personally I have not read anything from EA and co regarding this, is there any information regarding these rumours? :csw_fett:

That's most likely true. I kinda started expecting that about 2 months ago when APAC populations died.

Would love to see a merger of the three servers, it would boost populations immensely.

However, the three servers are all different types. People (like me) on the PvP server do the HM FP daily nice and quickly for the commendations, and would have 0 interest in ever RP'ing it. I could see group finder turning into a nightmare for some.

Unless there is an actually source from Bioware or EA. then it is just a rumor and of no value..

I'd be careful taking that stance.

I'm not suggesting anyone believe every rumor they hear (read)... But flat out dismissing them just because there is no corroboration can be unhelpful. I have found that sometimes, just sometimes, other sources find out the truth before any official announcements.

In this case, I would suggest filing the possibility away in your mind, and go on with your everyday affairs. If you should end up with spare time with literally nothing else to do, mull over how the servers closing/merging would affect you. Rough out a plan of what you would do. Nothing serious. It could be a completely unfounded rumor after all. Just prepare yourself, so if (and I do mean if) they close / merge servers you are not caught unaware.

Baring that, just ignore until confirmed. ;)

Edited by Blattan

I can confirm there is no truth to this post and it should be closed immediately.

How can you confirm there is no truth in this post. Asia/Pacific gets barely any attention from Bioware. Downtimes, lots of people unable to connect for weeks as they investigate problems and blame it on an external ISP. No mention that is was likely their ISP hosting them that caused the problem, but they hold no responsibility in the matter.

No, everyone said FTP was just a rumour and it happen. Right now Bioware has lost all my trust and I wouldn't be amazed if this didn't happen by the time they go f2p.

Well I for one am very worried about the Asia/Pacific servers. When I transferred from a West Coast server it was great. But slowly it has become a ghost town on the PVP server. I'm in a great guild, but there was 8 guildies on today, with 30 people on fleet mid afternoon on Saturday.

Not good. We need more content.

Well I for one am very worried about the Asia/Pacific servers. When I transferred from a West Coast server it was great. But slowly it has become a ghost town on the PVP server. I'm in a great guild, but there was 8 guildies on today, with 30 people on fleet mid afternoon on Saturday.

Not good. We need more content.

PvE server was a lot different,

Mid day 175 on Fleet and my guild had 18 ppl on for most of the day. Even now my guild has 15 on

From what I can understand you are being trolled, to my knowledge they just spent an abundance of funds getting people to those servers. Thus, why they would decide to reverse it is beyond me unless its financially undo-able for Bioware to fund those servers anymore.

Again this is to the best of MY knowledge and might not be correct, but this is my insight.

An automated script is performing the transfers, no time, money or effort went into the transfers.

Edited by Amorluce

You are assuming that any merger would be to pvp. If it's not (and I hope it's not, as I'm on pve) what would that do to your statement?

Cheers

Bruce

I'm sure that scenario will never happen.If there are oceanic servers, there will have to be at least two i.e. pvp and a pve/rp. The only other scenario is getting rid of APAC servers all together.

Just imagine, the pvp community is not a satisfied crowd at the moment. No pvp server would kill a sizeable proportion of subs straight away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.