Remove Security Key?

pischto

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This calls for a double facepalm.

I've been waiting since December for them to fix this, when I had to have the key removed due to a problem with my phone. It got fixed the next day, and that's when I learned the hard way it couldn't be put back on. Took another couple of weeks for BioWare to acknowledge the problem, claiming they were working on a fix. March approachth, and still no fix for a feature that Blizzard and many other security key companies have via the app and their web page.

-HM

Edited by Hollow_Man

I actually phoned them now like 5 minutes ago, and they were very quick on fixing it. He removed my security key on my accounts-page, advised me to go for the physical SK-option rather than the iPhone-app. Fixed in like 4mins, and I'm gonna go for the physical one. I like physical

Just wanted to chime in. I just had to call support today and was dreading it. Only took 2 -3 mins on hold and they fixed my problem in about 1 minute. I had heard horror stories about calling in, but it was really great. In the middle of prime time west coast also.

The ease of it has convinced me to get a security key, fearing having to call was the only thing holding me back.

Edited by Gilanden

Actually I just went through this process myself. I use the Authenticator App on my iPhone and after having my iPhone replaced, I was locked out of my account. I had to call SWTOR customer support, hit 1 for english, 2 for account support, 2 for account security, then 5 to speak to a billing agent. I was only on hold for a few seconds since it wasn't for a technical support agent and the girl on the phone was able to remove the security key after I answered my security questions. A lot easier than I thought it would be. Good luck!

Same issue here..... Dumped my iPad to replace it with a useful device (Android pad) and now I'm f*cked for my security key.

I don't want a physical one as that's just another device cluttering up my storage space.

I don't want to go without as my account is worth something to me.

I don't want to have to keep my iPad around *just* to function as an SWTOR security key.

But what I do want, simply transferring SK functionality to my new device, is apparently impossible.

Simple rule of thumb for anything:

If you enable something (whether it's a security key, a mobile phone text service, a contract of any kind) you should be able to disable it using the exact same method (whether it's through a webpage, by EMail, by telefone or signed document).

I just called Customer Service (Saturday at 3:00 PM, Arizona, United States). The rep removed my old security key from my account, and stayed on the phone with me while I installed a new mobile key on my new cell phone, and made sure I was able to get into the game and website.

Took less than 6 minutes total.

I just called Customer Service (Saturday at 3:00 PM, Arizona, United States). The rep removed my old security key from my account, and stayed on the phone with me while I installed a new mobile key on my new cell phone, and made sure I was able to get into the game and website.

Took less than 6 minutes total.

So that means that they fixed the problem? I haven't heard or read anything saying they have done squat about this and once removed you couldn't set it back up. Perhaps they finally fixed it and forgot that they have a community waiting to here a response....

Wow, not a word from Bioware about this issue but guess what...I just went and tried to re-add my phone to my account and it finally worked. Android phone has been re-added after only waiting two months to have it fixed and only had a helpful user posted their success I would have never known.

Way to go Bioware...keep up the great work of keeping everyone in the dark!

Jeez, I can't believe it...they finally fixed it. The serial number and activation code in my account was finally different than the the original one I had, so I was able to put back on the mobile security key. Why didn't BioWare announce that they fixed this?!?!?

-HM

I'm glad I posted my success for everyone, otherwise I guess you would be waiting forever for Bioware to let you know!

Based on all these pages of problems, I almost didn't call today, and had resigned myself to having to use my old phone as a physical key forever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention how easily this went for me, when I reinstalled my phone. The call to Bioware took 6.5 minutes, most of which was spent trying to figure out which menu option to use (I used technical support, then 5 to speak to someone in the end).

The guy I spoke to was polite, friendly and helpful. He got it done in about 30 seconds. Top marks for support, but a very poor phone menu system.

Just moved from iOS to Android using the info on this thread and (like the others have said) it took less than 5 minutes and was completely painless.

I have no idea why BioWare didn't announce the fix. Then again, they never announced the problem (only replied to one-off threads), so maybe I do get it.

I had re set my computer to factory settings and then re installed the game to find the security key was not working. I called the customer service number and despite the bad phone menu, the person picked up in about 40 seconds. He asked me for my email, first and last name, the answers to my 2 security questions and I was done! He removed the security key almost immediatley, and I was able to play again. Far better help than I expected to get, especially after past experiences with different customer service lines. :) Edited by Simonstrosity

I just called to remove the key because my phone is in need of a reimage. "Sorry we can't do that right now please call back in 24 hours".

I guess I can't play anymore, because I'm not going 24 hours without my phone.

Seriously, give us a self serve option for this. Have us enter 2 keys on the site and remove it. How hard can this be? Even if I get the thing off, I'm not going to be putting it back on, because this is such a hassle to remove it if I ever decide I want to try a new rom or something. If I could do it on the website I'd have it on there nearly all of the time.

• 2 weeks later...