Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

Ya know what, I am not sure how much the DD costs now, but if you ask these people the DD buyers are apparently the unwashed masses and deserve nothing.

I bought the DD and i got the couple items and the most importantly the vehicle. That thing has paid for itself already.

Now i can drop 30 bucks and have all this stuff if i want it.

So give to CE or give to DD, it does not matter anymore its all pretty cheap now.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the DD and i got the couple items and the most importantly the vehicle. That thing has paid for itself already.

Now i can drop 30 bucks and have all this stuff if i want it.

So give to CE or give to DD, it does not matter anymore its all pretty cheap now.

Pretty much, that's what I did as soon as I saw the price dropped to $30 with .99 regular shipping. All told I save the $50 bucks and still get everything. I would say hurry up and buy yours if you haven't cause I've been hearing people say its sold out already.

Bioware/EA, do you not get it?

Once you relent and fulfill all the demands of the Deluxe Edition players by giving all the items that were once available to Collector's Edition holders, there would be no incentive for future-potential customers to ever delve into buying collector's edition?

You need to set a straight message. If you would like to maintain the efficacy of the future marketing/promotional plans, you need to provide a reason for future cash spenders from dishing out extra $60 dollars and purchasing Collector's Edition instead of Deluxe Edition.

You give all the ingame items to Deluxe Edition holders, no one will buy Collector's Edition in the future.

The discussion changed a while back to more of a:

"Why should the DDE get new stuff when they haven't even given the CE owners what we were promised to begin with."

I can agree with you not getting your updates. You paid for that service you should get that service regularly, it sucks that they themselves were vague in when these updates would occur. A time schedule would have certainly helps, then if they were late in delivering, you have a right to complain. There really should be no argument here, You didn't get updates, and that's the bottom line, no time told or not, you deserve some kind of answer as to when, if at all, now that F2P is on the horizon.

As a DDE buyer, I could give to craps about what I'm getting or what I got, I payed and got what I paid for. I have no issues and am happy with getting coins for being subscribed, as to how much, don't really care about that, as long as they don't slap any person in the face. as of now we don't have any ideas as to how much anything in the CS cost. So who's to say we're even getting a good deal with what they are giving each subscriber in CC. I would like to think to be fair.

Skip the banner cause that's a slap in the face to ANYONE who they give it to(if they were to decide to give it to more than one group). Give something functional, but not game changing. And yes exclusive to each level of purchase, something different, like a piece of social gear that you can mod freely with Obtainable in game items, making it basically the same for everyone less the look of said item.

Or if DDE gets a title, I find it would be fair to give ALL subscribers a title based on their respective editions purchased, again not game changing.

Overall i think the fairest of all would to be depending on exactly how much the CC cost per whatever denomination of CC (ie, 1000 coins for say $15.00), you should get what you paid for depending on what you paid for game. For Example, after you factor in the Coins given for time sub'd and bonus which we're getting now...

* CE Should get Price of game's worth of CC's. DDE should also get Price paid as should SE.

I think that would be fair, considering Yes CE paid more the DDE, and should be shown somewhat more perks considering they paid for a game that COULD have been canceled after a month or 6 months. Hell we ALL paid for a game that could have failed and closed up shop. There were no guarantee's that this game would survive, so the money we spent, We should Not get back everything we paid, but the perks should go to ALL of us for our support.

Or because they already have a pricing model already to go (not released to us yet). Take everyone from the time they sub'd, and give us the sub fee equal in the amount of CC's. adding a slight amount to each tier. And in this process, Update the CE store for them adding 5 New Exclusive items, Updating the ViP store for those who bought either the DDE or paid the in game credits (considering this vendor is available to ALL), and call it even.

That way anyone who paid for the game and their respective editions, is getting what they paid for and is not making out much more than any other tier.

Flame me if you want, I don't care, i wont even ignore you. I think there are a lot of valid points made on both sides of the fence. And yes I read ALL Post and pages (11 pages and 407post, not including this or other post made while typing this reply). This is my take on it, you can take it or leave it, if you have a constructive comment to make i will hear it out. If you agree/disagree by all means post either way and I'll read, just keep the flame war away from me, I'm a DDE, and have NEVER once whined about what anyone else got in this game, so please don't group me in with others (Some not ALL), cause I don't do it to you (meaning ANYONE).

and To post my opinion on the whole matter to the original OP, again I agree you should get an update, and twice a year would be a good measure for a time frame with Good Fluff (Meaning non game changing), should be a reasonable thing, but unfortunately, they did not post a time frame, nor with the wording did they even remotely say when, and that's not right. As for what they give the DDE people that soo many seem to have ill will towards, I could give two craps about what they are giving me as long as Content updates and bug fixes come our way for EVERYONE to enjoy.

Shortened for brevity's sake

The problem here is that the people on the CE side are arguing that they deserve anything and everything that any group other then theirs gets. And the only excuse they have to warrant it is "well the CE store isn't updated so they owe us". And even when faced with the reality that the CE store has absolutely nothing to do with Bioware giving out a few items to people who have stayed loyal and subbed to the game, they will either claim you didn't read the thread, insult you, and/or call you a liar. So despite your best effort here to be fair and diplomatic, be prepared to be ridiculed by people who feel EA/Bioware is obligated to give them everything.

30 dollars for a CE and what's so great about the item if they are selling it almost a year off from launch. I thought it was supposed stop selling when the game came out.

It like a car commercial, "but wait this sale wont last get to sawgrass ford before they are all gone" "dont miss out supplies are limited on the 08 F-150", Really....supplies are limited? Come one, when do you go to a dealership and they are like "sorry we are out of cars already" .

When the limited CE sold out before launch, they came back out again like a month later. They are available to anyone that has the money.

It like a car commercial, "but wait this sale wont last get to sawgrass ford before they are all gone" "dont miss out supplies are limited on the 08 F-150", Really....supplies are limited? Come one, when do you go to a dealership and they are like "sorry we are out of cars already" .

When the limited CE sold out before launch, they came back out again like a month later. They are available to anyone that has the money.

Well right now the money needed ain't a whole lot.

The problem here is that the people on the CE side are arguing that they deserve anything and everything that any group other then theirs gets. And the only excuse they have to warrant it is "well the CE store isn't updated so they owe us". And even when faced with the reality that the CE store has absolutely nothing to do with Bioware giving out a few items to people who have stayed loyal and subbed to the game, they will either claim you didn't read the thread, insult you, and/or call you a liar. So despite your best effort here to be fair and diplomatic, be prepared to be ridiculed by people who feel EA/Bioware is obligated to give them everything.

no its the DDE ppl that were argueing they deserve everything the CE was getting untill BW caved and said they would work on something. and no the point i made is the reason they are giving CE the 1000cc and baner is because they owe us, but nice job twisting words. and you were asking questions that have been answered more than once and when we answered them again for you, you asked the same questions again proving you havnt read the whole thread like you claim. and i actually think they have a good idea, and they didnt come in here acting like they know what everyone was talking about like somebody we know, Hyfy....

no its the DDE ppl that were argueing they deserve everything the CE was getting untill BW caved and said they would work on something. and no the point i made is the reason they are giving CE the 1000cc and baner is because they owe us, but nice job twisting words. and you were asking questions that have been answered more than once and when we answered them again for you, you asked the same questions again proving you havnt read the whole thread like you claim. and i actually think they have a good idea, and they didnt come in here acting like they know what everyone was talking about like somebody we know, Hyfy....

Wait I thought you were ignoring me? And here I was wearing your ignore as a badge of honor. How sad.

Oh, and the only people I have seen arguing to any degree that anyone deserves anything that someone else gets has been the CE folks.

Edited by Hyfy

Page 42 wtg :cool:

How about CE gets 100% of what DDE gets, and DDE gets 50% of what CE gets?

:csw_jabbapet:

Or how about we all get nothing? They should have done a survey to test the community's' response on this matter. Any DDE owners who answered THAT ISN'T FAIR automatically got disqualified from rewards, etc.

Bunch of whinny's. Just play the game and deal with what you're given.

I'm not even going to touch base about how wrong the lot of you saying how CE's store shouldn't matter, blah blah. I'm just going to tell you bluntly, that you're wrong.

Just wanted to clarify that the exact phrasing I used was "we are currently working on something for Digital Deluxe players".

That's all very nice & all, but if players are going to be able to download the main game & play for free (yes I know there are limitations), what about all those that spent £40+ to get the game. (or will it be a case of: High, thanks for spending that money on the game & subscribing for a year, but you get nothing to show for it, because you only got a normal retail level version). :(

Edited by Marcus_Cade

Oh, and the only people I have seen arguing to any degree that anyone deserves anything that someone else gets has been the CE folks.

Really? Do you mean only in this thread or what? You did not see any complaint from any DDE customer anywhere?

I bought both.. so who is the bigger fool. Regardless, lets not lose sight of why this thread was made. It was made because DDE customers QQ'd and then the CE's stepped up.

That's all very nice & all, but if players are going to be able to download the main game & play for free (yes I know there are limitations), what about all those that spent £40+ to get the game. (or will it be a case of: High, thanks for spending that money on the game & subscribing for a year, but you get nothing to show for it, because you only got a normal retail level version). :(

SE will be getting 150 CC for each month payed prior to July 31. 200 CC for each month payed after August 1 until the F2P converstion, and finaly 250 CC when they make the switch to F2P. so dont act like you arnt getting anything.

SE will be getting 150 CC for each month payed prior to July 31. 200 CC for each month payed after August 1 until the F2P converstion, and finaly 250 CC when they make the switch to F2P. so dont act like you arnt getting anything.

God here we go now the SE people are going to start yelling 'Why dont I get something too!". See this is why we can never have anything nice lol.

God here we go now the SE people are going to start yelling 'Why dont I get something too!". See this is why we can never have anything nice lol.

yea what ever happened to the true VIP's, i remember when i was about 12 years old, my dad was working for a car rental company and rented alot of cars to movie studios and a couple times we got to go on site and watch them shoot. i can imagine some of these ppl standing at the gate yelling thier heads off about how its unfair that some ppl get to watch the movie get made and the rest have to wait till its out.

Ok so all the people moaned and now bioware is making a special item for DD edition of the game, ok so give it the collectors edition then i payed £130 to get all + more items, if you make an item for DD and don't give it to CE then i shall be very annoyed. don't think you can give someone who payed half the price unique items CE don't get, i payed for the FU CE store for god sakes and nothing is added to that but a dam pet in 7 months everyone got a better version of free anyway.

So this is the new target audience and this is the kind of post that grabs your attention now Bioware? Way to go.

Edited by vandana_

yea what ever happened to the true VIP's, i remember when i was about 12 years old, my dad was working for a car rental company and rented alot of cars to movie studios and a couple times we got to go on site and watch them shoot. i can imagine some of these ppl standing at the gate yelling thier heads off about how its unfair that some ppl get to watch the movie get made and the rest have to wait till its out.

i get VIP tickets to baseball games because my son is currently active duty army. Noone complains about that either. Vets could complain why do only active duty get it? They fought too. Noone says a word tho. Same thing happened in LOTRO. People throw a fit because I got a few perks for being a founder and a lifer when the game went f2p. A lot of people who had been paying for a couple years did not. The lifetime was no longer available also. Anyways Turbine didnt cave and told people just get over yourselves.

I wish Bioware would do that too.

So this is the new target audience and this is the kind of post that grabs your attention now Bioware? Way to go.

He has a point the only fair way to do things is give the DDE an item and give CE same item plus the other stuff.