Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

like the OP most ppl have jumped the gun assuming that DDE is getting a different item than the Heroes Banner or an item at all for that matter, but i do agree with thier point that no item should be offered for a cheaper version of the game and not offered in the most expensive one. no game has ever offered exclusive items for a cheaper version and not the more expensive version.

the argument ive seen them make as to why DDE should get an extra item when F2P begins is that they payed more for thier copy of the game.... but wait are they not also saying that it does not matter that we CE owners payed more for our copy for reasons such as the box items. and also that we got what we payed for....

well lets have another look shall we? http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

according to BW DDE has recivede everything that was offered in thier version of the game, but wait under the CE exclusives the last line clearly states

The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

and adding one reskin in 8 ish months of a pet that everyone who was subbed already has is not "Regular Updates" anyway you try to slice it. its obviouse that the whole reason for offering CE owners the 1000 CC and Heroes Banner (not several items like you claim) is to make up for not prviding what was advertised. then the DDE owners caused an uproar claiming they should recieve such rewards too. as DDE owners have been saying to us CE owners, Entitled Much?!

You seem to also be under this impression that I have asked for anything, and I will repeat AGAIN that at no time have I stated what I have or have not purchased in regards to the game. Now you assume that those items were given to you for the F2P transfer because of the store and that is nothing but an assumption because as far as I know no one from Bioware has stated they are giving you those items because of the store. And I will say AGAIN that by the very definition, and the people in your side of the camp were very strict about what the very definition was, by adding content to the CE store it HAS by that very definition lived up to its name. SO given those, you HAVE received everything that was agreed upon at the time of purchase. You agreed to a specific price for a specific set of items, you sent Bioware your money (directly or indirectly) and you received your CE box with said items. At THAT point beyond your monthly sub and your $15 a month they are no longer obligated to GIVE you anything. Not even if they decide to give the DDE or standard people for nothing. Now, they decided to give you two or three things and they give the DDE something nowhere is Bioware obligated to give it to you too. And to argue that they are obligated to, is nothing more than an entitlement mentality. Sorry but no, at no time should they HAVE to GIVE you anything.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I don't thing you understand me, like I said BW is not obligated to give me anything. I just don't see why they cant give the same item to everyone, to stop arguing.

To be totally honest you are just looking for an argument. You ask why people who have the CE feel they should have the same items as the DDE and more....... you know the answer, they paid more plane and simple. You have made your point.

Your point: Just because the CE people paid more than the DDE that does not make BW obligated to give more loot to (or the same loot + other stuff) the CE.

Other peoples point: It does make them obligated, to make things fair!

Sadly you're

with your argument

They paid more for the product that they got already. Anything past that point means NOTHING! It does not obligate Bioware to ANYTHING. You paid more for product you already received. OK let me try it this way. As I have said before I co own a business with my dad and our partner. We do heating and ac, plumbing, and electrical work. Now we have 2 customers one buys a furnace w/ A-coil and condenser unit (customer A) the second bought a furnace (customer B). Now we decide to also give Cust. A a break in the price and also cover the cost of the line set, and Cust B we decide since they don't have a line set (because they didn't buy the AC side of the set) that we will also run a new electrical service for them at no charge. Now by your logic I HAVE TO give Customer A the same free of charge new electrical service run. Well guess what I don't have to. It is at mine, my fathers, or our partners discretion as to whether or not we do. And to argue that you as Customer A deserve to get that same item as well is just as asinine.

try actually reading atleast some of the thread next time, proof has been provided that we did not get all we paid for, thank you go troll somewhere else.

Which has NOTHING to do with the F2P giveaway.

Which has NOTHING to do with the F2P giveaway.

nice trolling, you can deny all you want and you can say 1 reskin of a pet everyone already had is a regular update but its not, and why else would they just decide out of nowhere to give this stuff to CE holders if it was soley for the F2P transition why did CE holders get so much more? if you say its because we payed more im gonna die laughing lol, and why all upitty about my opinion anyways Mr Capslock Cruiser.?

Ok so all the people moaned and now bioware is making a special item for DD edition of the game, ok so give it the collectors edition then i payed £130 to get all + more items, if you make an item for DD and don't give it to CE then i shall be very annoyed. don't think you can give someone who payed half the price unique items CE don't get, i payed for the FU CE store for god sakes and nothing is added to that but a dam pet in 7 months everyone got a better version of free anyway.

you CE get enough stuff...stop being so greedy for god's sake!

you CE get enough stuff...stop being so greedy for god's sake!

No one is being greedy. One of the selling points was a dynamic store with exclusive items no one else would be able to get. Dynamic means every changing or ever adding content. I do not think it is unreasonable to think that us CE owners should have expected something at least by now. I do not think adding one thing to it is dynamic.

They paid more for the product that they got already. Anything past that point means NOTHING! It does not obligate Bioware to ANYTHING. You paid more for product you already received. OK let me try it this way. As I have said before I co own a business with my dad and our partner. We do heating and ac, plumbing, and electrical work. Now we have 2 customers one buys a furnace w/ A-coil and condenser unit (customer A) the second bought a furnace (customer B). Now we decide to also give Cust. A a break in the price and also cover the cost of the line set, and Cust B we decide since they don't have a line set (because they didn't buy the AC side of the set) that we will also run a new electrical service for them at no charge. Now by your logic I HAVE TO give Customer A the same free of charge new electrical service run. Well guess what I don't have to. It is at mine, my fathers, or our partners discretion as to whether or not we do. And to argue that you as Customer A deserve to get that same item as well is just as asinine.

your logic is flaud, by your example you would only have to give customer B w/e it was if it was advertised with your product like BW did with thiers genius. and the fact you go on and on about "co owning a buisness with your dad" makes me think he just gave you a job and you somehow think you can brag about co owning it.

No one is being greedy. One of the selling points was a dynamic store with exclusive items no one else would be able to get. Dynamic means every changing or ever adding content. I do not think it is unreasonable to think that us CE owners should have expected something at least by now. I do not think adding one thing to it is dynamic.

first off they never said Dynamic and using that word is was derailed this thread in the first place and almost got it closed, stop twisting words here is the quote not that it hasnt been posted by myself and many others almost 20 times already

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

first off they never said Dynamic and using that word is was derailed this thread in the first place and almost got it closed, stop twisting words here is the quote not that it hasnt been posted by myself and many others almost 20 times already

And that quote says right in it that the store would be updated to keep people coming back. Except it hasn't been updated. So...

You must not be able to read well.

The game comes packaged with 30 days of game time and the following digital items that your character can use:

Flare Gun: Fires flares into the air

Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance

HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer

HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures

STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform): Sleek and unique in-game vehicle

Exclusive Mouse Droid: A faithful droid to join you on your adventures

Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game store with a dynamic array of items to assist you from your humble beginnings through your journey to become a galactic legend

Btw google dynamic since you dont seem to understand the meaning.

Edited by Leggomy

You must not be able to read well.

Btw google dynamic since you dont seem to understand the meaning.

first off slow your roll, im not the one that was argueing the meaning of dynamic, but what has been refered to in this thread for 30 pages is the quote about the store updates, we all have known the store hasnt had much in it but the updates were supposed to take care of that.

my bad i forgot about the quote from the box, and i just looked at mine so they did say the vendor would be dynamic, but that could have been refering to the updates too.

any way ppl try to paint it we did not receive one of the key elements that atracted alot of players to the CE.

first off slow your roll, im not the one that was argueing the meaning of dynamic, but what has been refered to in this thread for 30 pages is the quote about the store updates, we all have known the store hasnt had much in it but the updates were supposed to take care of that.

my bad i forgot about the quote from the box, and i just looked at mine so they did say the vendor would be dynamic, but that could have been refering to the updates too.

any way ppl try to paint it we did not receive one of the key elements that atracted alot of players to the CE.

No you just flipped out on me and others for no reason. Dont tell me to slow my roll when you are going nuts on everyone claiming they never said dynamic when clearly they did. Dynamic by any stretch does not mean 1 reskinned pet in 8 months.

No you just flipped out on me and others for no reason. Dont tell me to slow my roll when you are going nuts on everyone claiming they never said dynamic when clearly they did. Dynamic by any stretch does not mean 1 reskinned pet in 8 months.

and what part of me agreeing with you have you not gotten? like i said i forgot about the box quote and i aplogized, i thought you were refering to the quote about the updates and that wouldnt have been a streach since there was even a person in this very thread that tryed to say DDE was promised an exclusive vendor, and i really dont think they were trolling, just delusional lol.

and just to clearify once more i agree with you and i apologize.

and what part of me agreeing with you have you not gotten? like i said i forgot about the box quote and i aplogized, i thought you were refering to the quote about the updates and that wouldnt have been a streach since there was even a person in this very thread that tryed to say DDE was promised an exclusive vendor, and i really dont think they were trolling, just delusional lol.

and just to clearify once more i agree with you and i apologize.

The dynamic meant new items would be added. It was even answered in a QA. There is a big diff between static and dynamic. As far as the DDE store he probably is thinking of the VIP vendor.

nice trolling, you can deny all you want and you can say 1 reskin of a pet everyone already had is a regular update but its not, and why else would they just decide out of nowhere to give this stuff to CE holders if it was soley for the F2P transition why did CE holders get so much more? if you say its because we payed more im gonna die laughing lol, and why all upitty about my opinion anyways Mr Capslock Cruiser.?

It's not a troll, I am going off of the strict definition that people on your side of the camp that were adamant that it was the ONLY definition that could be used of the word dynamic, and by THAT very strict definition it is just that. Its not a troll, but please continue to claim that erroneously because I find it very entertaining watching people cry over it.

The CE store has NOTHING to do with the F2P change. What is being engaged in is nothing more then entitlement mentality and greed. THATS IT!

The dynamic meant new items would be added. It was even answered in a QA. There is a big diff between static and dynamic. As far as the DDE store he probably is thinking of the VIP vendor.

thats exactly what they were refering to butthey were tryingto pass it off as a DDE exclusive that BW promised them lol.

The CE store has NOTHING to do with the F2P change. What is being engaged in is nothing more then entitlement mentality and greed. THATS IT!

you mean like the uproar the DDE players started when the 1000 cc and heroes banner was announed for the CE holders? see that is entitlement and greed. and the fact you cant see that they wont be adding to the vendor but the cash shop instead and are giving the CE holders what was announced to make up for this is amazing.

your logic is flaud, by your example you would only have to give customer B w/e it was if it was advertised with your product like BW did with thiers genius. and the fact you go on and on about "co owning a buisness with your dad" makes me think he just gave you a job and you somehow think you can brag about co owning it.

Oh yes that's what it was. Please you assume and make an *** out of U. Just because I brought it up for sake of context, and I had only mentioned it the once before to Adam so please cut your whiny crap. My logic is not flawed, by using YOUR logic I would have to give customer A the same free electrical service run because they bought more from me before. Because I am under NO (read zero, 0, nadda, zilch, zippo) obligation to give them any kind of discount and any and all discounts I decided to give them is simply out of the goodness of our hearts. SO please don't try to pass off your "I deserve it all because I bought the big box months ago" as anything else then you being greedy. That's it nothing more. As has been said multiple times already, YOU and the other CE buyers got everything that was in the box as well as the digital items at the point of purchase. ANYTHING past that (with exception to the CE store) they are not obligated to give you ANYTHING! You are not entitled to it, it is only given out of the kindness of Biowares heart, and if THEY decide to give something different to the DDE buyers you are not entitled to it. Plain and simple, nothing more nothing less.

you mean like the uproar the DDE players started when the 1000 cc and heroes banner was announed for the CE holders? see that is entitlement and greed. and the fact you cant see that they wont be adding to the vendor but the cash shop instead and are giving the CE holders what was announced to make up for this is amazing.

First I didn't see any of them do it, but had I would of said the same thing. You're not entitled to anything. IF Bioware decides to give you something then that is their choice. And you keep bringing up the CE shop when they have said nothing about it. And for that matter I have said in other threads how much I hate the idea of the F2P to begin with and the cash shop is going to ruin peoples experience with the game, but instead you decide to yet again ASSUME instead of asking me first. So please cut the crap.

Oh yes that's what it was. Please you assume and make an *** out of U. Just because I brought it up for sake of context, and I had only mentioned it the once before to Adam so please cut your whiny crap. My logic is not flawed, by using YOUR logic I would have to give customer A the same free electrical service run because they bought more from me before. Because I am under NO (read zero, 0, nadda, zilch, zippo) obligation to give them any kind of discount and any and all discounts I decided to give them is simply out of the goodness of our hearts. SO please don't try to pass off your "I deserve it all because I bought the big box months ago" as anything else then you being greedy. That's it nothing more. As has been said multiple times already, YOU and the other CE buyers got everything that was in the box as well as the digital items at the point of purchase. ANYTHING past that (with exception to the CE store) they are not obligated to give you ANYTHING! You are not entitled to it, it is only given out of the kindness of Biowares heart, and if THEY decide to give something different to the DDE buyers you are not entitled to it. Plain and simple, nothing more nothing less.

you seriously dont get it, stop trying to compair your imaginary job to the game, and like i said you would only have to do that if it is what was advertised with your product, your about as sharp as a box of marbles aintcha?

Actually they did and you can find it in one of my previous posts, and someone on your side of the camp made a huge deal about the meaning of dynamic and insisted that it could only be that one very narrow and strict definition. So I would suggest going back and reading.

Actually they did and you can find it in one of my previous posts, and someone on your side of the camp made a huge deal about the meaning of dynamic and insisted that it could only be that one very narrow and strict definition. So I would suggest going back and reading.

and if you bothered reading any of the thread instead of skimming through and think you know everything Mr Savy Co Buisness Owner, i aplolgized to that person.

What are you ranting about? We are talking about the CE store.

No the whole point of this thread was someone whining that because DDE is getting "something" also in the F2P switch over that CE buyers think they are entitled to it also. Why don't try going back and reading some of the thread first before trying to call out someone who's actually talking about the content of the OP.