So whos actually unsubbing because of this?

DarthWoad

Not unsubbing because of f2p. I intend to be here for a while yet. What will make me unsub will be a lack of content ora lack of bug fixes. As it stands it appears more content is incoming.

Sure this move will irritate some, and will be welcomed by others. I personally see it enriching the population.

Bring it on.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. For those who are scoffing at those of us who are leaving, I want you to ask youself this simple question: What game that went f2p actually followed through on their promises to keep their content release consistent (if not increased), while also not gradually eroding the "perqs" of being a subscription payer?

The answer is: none. And that's why we're leaving.

LOTRO is constantly coming out with new stuff, Riders of Rohan being the closest

There is really little difference between B2P and F2P.

Especially when the B2P game will eventually get a free trial, it just becomes a more pricey F2P game. They still have no subs and will look to EPs and having players pay for content.

There is really little difference between B2P and F2P.

Especially when the B2P game will eventually get a free trial, it just becomes a more pricey F2P game. They still have no subs and will look to EPs and having players pay for content.

ok repeat after me a trial isnt not the same as f2p ok ? in my day these things were called demo's

LOTRO is constantly coming out with new stuff, Riders of Rohan being the closest

LOTRO is the primary reason I feel F2P sucks monkey **edit**s! 2 "expansions" in 3 years that have the content of the 1st area of Moria.

This is a tough one for me. The only game I like that is free to play (F2P) is Team Fortress 2 (TF2). I never liked any massive multiplayer online (MMO) game which used the F2P model.

Mulling the F2P over, I will likely leave due to the the F2P model. The reason is that the community will go downhill too; the reason is a lack of real community continuity. The lack of community continuity is the experience, even with Team Fortress 2, for the F2P model. I liked TF2 but quickly left for a standard subscription based World of Warcraft (WOW) and Star Wars the Old Republic model. I will likely just go back to WOW and try Cataclysm because I left before that patch. I will still play Team Fortress 2 just because it is a decent fist person shooter and nothing else, I never buy anything at their store.

There is something about paying a subscription which I liked - high end merchandise. EA is going to definitely miss the business model here.

Edited by Dragerfroe

ok repeat after me a trial isnt not the same as f2p ok ? in my day these things were called demo's

A trial of a buy to play game essentially makes it free to play. Because players can see if they like it and then buy the rest of the game like they would buy content in a F2P game.

Right now if you haven't played the GW2 beta you pretty much have to blindly jump in and hope you like it, but when the trial releases it will be the same as any other F2P game.

Since original has a trial, I think we can expect that GW2 will have a trial to lure in more players. It's inevitable.

6 Month subscription was ending in 2 weeks. I was debating whether or not to resub for a few months, but this tipped me over the edge so I won't be back until 1.4.

It kinda works out brilliantly for me... my sub runs out on the 25th August.... will GW2 it up HARD till 1.4.

Once 1.4 drops, will re-sub, no restrictions, new content and, hopefully, a ton of new people to play with.

Sounds good on paper.. . . .. . ......

I unsubbed for different reasons however as a result I won't be renewing my sub. Amazing they went F2P so fast. Not even a year. Maybe swtor was a soulless cash grab after all. Sell a bunch of boxes and once subs drop to a certain point make it F2P. Also I expect 1.4 will come out around the same time but 1.5 will be quite the wait. This game will be all but dead within 2 years.

I un-subbed a few days ago, only because I have pre-purchased GW2 and plan on rocking that solid till 1.4 drops.

I can see how this will be, maybe, a good thing for when I return later in the year (still got till 25th paid on this sub, so will play till then :) ) - I just want to know, apart from the 150 per paid monthly sub till now, do we get anything for being retail box customers ($60 version), as collectors edition gets hooked up BIG time - in addition to the monthly sub 'Cartel Coin' payout.

I want this feeling of being involved in a Madoff Ponzi scheme to go away, thanks.

lol. :o

I will probably unsub because of this F2P retarded decision. I have been a loyal customer since day one but just today I started browsing around for other games that I may like and that don't make stupid decision at every corner like EA/BW, and man, F2P on an MMO is the king of all stupid decisions.

I am leaning toward it.

I have played other games that went F2P and I did not enjoy the new element.

Be prepared for a lot of "br? br? br? br? br? HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE u giv money? me report u"

Be prepared for a lot of jerks who only want to make your gameplay a living hell.

Be prepared for the scum from XBOX live to infest this place.

I think I am done with the MMO's. I loved EQ from waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. I loved SWG, I loved WoW and I did love SWTOR. But if this is the direction this game and apparently most MMO's are going I think I am going to bring my PS2 out from storage and go back to playing some SSX 3

I will let my subscription lapse and then move on. I supported and defended this game a long time, but there's no way you can spin this as positive news, imo. A lot of people are okay with it and will continue to enjoy the game. That's fine.

I will move on. :)