EA confident that people will be playing The Old Republic a decade from now

Taorus

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. :)

Well that article was before all the layoffs. I wonder if he still feels that way. :rolleyes:

You mean the lay-offs they said were going to happen in the Investors report back in May. this was after that.

2.2 million boxes => 1.7 => 1.3 => 0.3 - 0.7 (???)

This is not a sustainable trajectory for a triple A title with such massive variable costs. Unless there is a big revamp of the game which includes a free-form space component, social games, open world PvP, I doubt it will last much past next year.

You mean the lay-offs they said were going to happen in the Investors report back in May. this was after that.

No, the layoffs that happened a little over a week ago. Those layoffs. Things change - posting nearly 2-month old articles speaking about their empty promises means nothing. They also promised us we could use emotes on mounts back on Jan 4th and we were promised content quicker, month after month, just before 1.2 was released. Empty promises mean NOTHING!

2.2 million boxes => 1.7 => 1.3 => 0.3 - 0.7 (???)

This is not a sustainable trajectory for a triple A title with such massive variable costs. Unless there is a big revamp of the game which includes a free-form space component, social games, open world PvP, I doubt it will last much past next year.

You have a link to the "such massive variable cost"?

No, the layoffs that happened a little over a week ago. Those layoffs. Things change - posting nearly 2-month old articles speaking about their empty promises means nothing. They also promised us we could use emotes on mounts back on Jan 4th and we were promised content quicker, month after month, just before 1.2 was released. Empty promises mean NOTHING!

Once again....the Lay-offs they said were going to happen in May?

I will be here. I love this game and plan on playing for many years and enjoy this games ongoing development.

This game is the most enjoyable mmo experience I have ever had.

The only thing at would drive me away is if the forced pvp/vp harassment on pve servers isn't stopped.

Other than thatbi plan on hitting 50 with at least all8 stories and probably some classes advancing both advanced classes.

Someone have a link for this new round of layoffs? I can't see a few posts because I have at least 2 people posting in this thread on ignore. So if those people posted it let me know.

I have heard nothing about layoffs in a few months. Well except for the few people on the forums that post random hate and believe it to be 100% truth.

Someone have a link for this new round of layoffs? I can't see a few posts because I have at least 2 people posting in this thread on ignore. So if those people posted it let me know.

I have heard nothing about layoffs in a few months. Well except for the few people on the forums that post random hate and believe it to be 100% truth.

Don't have a link so I doubt this helps but the new round happened. It is speculated that all of the forum mods were let go during it and we were left with community support as the only mod.

There is this new thing called "google" where you can look stuff up.

Don't have a link so I doubt this helps but the new round happened. It is speculated that all of the forum mods were let go during it and we were left with community support as the only mod.

Not true Allison is still here. I know she fixed an issue for me yesterday.

I wish EA would let Bioware do work. EA's micromanagement combined with listening to their marketing execs over the creative minds of the bioware devs is ruining this game for the fans. I don't want to blame bioware for the downward turn this game has taken because it feels like bioware is trapped in a box that EA execs shake around when EA makes bad decisions. I really want to keep playing this game, but EA is making it difficult.

I plan to be here even after the lights go out. How is this possible you ask?

The Force!

But yea I love this game to no end and I will be here until the sun no longer rises in the east and sets in the west. Until the day the last man on earth draws his last breathe and the day the clock of eternity stops ticking.

Either that or the day they release "Ultimate Jedi Lightsaber" for 50 Usd with an instant force burn and dmg reduction on hit effect with a 25% chance of instant death star laser targeting.

I plan to be here even after the lights go out. How is this possible you ask?

The Force!

Someone will probably try to emulate the game just like they're now doing with SWG. At least that's the general consensus will happen with the other big MMOs like WoW or Everquest 2 if they ever shut down the servers as well.

I wish EA would let Bioware do work. EA's micromanagement combined with listening to their marketing execs over the creative minds of the bioware devs is ruining this game for the fans. I don't want to blame bioware for the downward turn this game has taken because it feels like bioware is trapped in a box that EA execs shake around when EA makes bad decisions. I really want to keep playing this game, but EA is making it difficult.
Many have posted that the game is fun for them, so I wouldn't go so far as to say EA's influence is ruining the game for the fans. However I would say that the game would probably have been a lot further along in its evolution.

Someone will probably try to emulate the game just like they're now doing with SWG. At least that's the general consensus will happen with the other big MMOs like WoW or Everquest 2 if they ever shut down the servers as well.

Yea yea, but that would be ILLEGAL. So Im sticking with my answer of THE FORCE :p