Forbes thinks TOR is a financial disaster for EA. Your thoughts

Ensquire

don't kid yourself SWG style Space Combat or even X-wing vs Tie Fighter would be HUGE for this game. It would give people a big reason on why they should play this instead of WoW.

I loved X-Win Vs Tie Fighter, but don't kid yourself, that won't happen to this game for a long long while IF AT ALL. If it does I doubt most of the player base would comeback then (assuming they lose more players).

Edited by Aricus

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exact same can be said about any mmo company, illum was a bit defunked but it was a flawed conept and i happy they atleast tried something. But look at bliz, path of the titans you remember that, smoke and mirrors to keep us playing, Titan been known about for how long as the saviour of blizzard..................... vivienda wanting to sell them and mop which just looks pants.

Ill put my eggs in the bioware basket. And space done right will be a game changer, if done right its a game in its own right.

WoW is not hurting for subs. So what they have is fine. They wanted it to last about 10 years and it might still be number 1 by that point at this rate

Blizzard does not need saving. All their games sell by the truck load.

For pay to play games, They OWN,

the action RPG genre with diablo

the MMO genere with WoW

The RTS genere with WC and SC

Which are all number 1 for play time

Edited by Lt_Latency

don't kid yourself SWG style Space Combat or even X-wing vs Tie Fighter would be HUGE for this game. It would give people a big reason on why they should play this instead of WoW.

Couldn't agree more, even people who arent in to space will probably give it a go for something else to do in between patches. Its all about the little things, customisation, side quests and exploration.

Lol... You're making up a lot of excuses... Ok lets go back some. If the game was good I don't think players would of hit the cancel button of their account before they were charged. Second WoW wasn't rocked by other MMOs because they never experienced a decline in subs until 2011, how many times do I have to say that. Hell here's a link that will help with visualization, maybe you're not a good listen and need demonstrations. http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

BW development has slowed down progressively. You really think they're going to change all that much besides getting a new companion, more FPs and Raids, and more legacy crap? You're only fooling yourself. Sure we may get a new class quest but that's not until next year, according to their Comic-Con statement.

You do realise that site registers active players and not subscriber right ?

Edited by Shingara

Did you not read the title of that chat?

Did you not read the FAQ for the site. Not to mention even in the title it states active accounts as in they were online when the count was taken.

Edited by Shingara

Did you not read the FAQ for the site. Not to mention even in the title it states active accounts as in they were online when the count was taken.

I don't think you understand...

"That active players number includes anyone with an active account, regardless of how that account’s time was acquired; that means, in addition to those with pre-paid or monthly subscriptions, the number includes users that get their first month of game time free. Cancellations are not included in the count, obviously."

That means they're paying a sub or in their first free month. That's what active account means. Without an active account you cannot play the game or even get online. So what are you trying to say?

Edited by Aricus

I don't think you understand...

"That active players number includes anyone with an active account, regardless of how that account’s time was acquired; that means, in addition to those with pre-paid or monthly subscriptions, the number includes users that get their first month of game time free. Cancellations are not included in the count, obviously."

That means they're paying a sub or in their first free month. That's what active account means.

That means anyone online was counted, raf, scrolls and f2p to lvl 20.

That means anyone online was counted, raf, scrolls and f2p to lvl 20.

It does not say F2P. Just first month free accounts, not free trial accounts (there's a difference). They never include F2P as a part of a sub or active account. Even WoW doesn't.

Edited by Aricus

It does not say F2P. Just first month trial accounts, not free trial accounts. They never include F2P as a part of a sub. Even WoW doesn't.

Unless that site has information directly pulled from the billing database and account managment database at blizzard it means that they did a headcount and counted all online as active. BUT please do show me where they say that it is on that site that it states they have access to such information.

SO... WoW had like what tons of new MMOs that came out and none of them shocked it's player base at all. Not until recently but we don't know if that's due to boredom or other MMO release. According to Blizz most of them were from Asia and since SWTOR didn't have Asia release at the time can't quite put the blame on it for Blizz's lost subs.

WOW has a big advantage when it comes to calling its SUBS numbers, and that is called Asia.

In Asia, Blizzard does not do a monthly sub model, but its a game time model. That means that the subs in the region can buy 100 hours game time and use it an a year, or even two. This makes a big difference in many aspects when one mentions WoW numbers, especially when a big haul of that 80% is actually coming from Asia.

In this year Blizzard also offered WoW subs a free Diablo to those who took a full 6 month or 1 year sub. Apparently this attracted over a million subs, which is a big chunk of its Western World base.

But before comparing SWTOR to WoW always remember about Blizzard sub model in Asian, which is always in my opinion in revenue generation a bit like Horse of Troy.

Edited by limenutpen

Unless that site has information directly pulled from the billing database and account managment database at blizzard it means that they did a headcount and counted all online as active. BUT please do show me where they say that it is on that site that it states they have access to such information.

The information was pulled from public releases of the game. You know from investors calls or reports. That's why it ends from the last WoW and SWTOR counts because since then there has not been any reports of the game status since then.

Edited by Aricus

The information was pulled from public releases of the game. You know from investors calls or reports. That's why it ends from the last WoW and SWTOR counts because since then there has not been any reports of the game status since then.

Its pulled from xfire and investors calls. that site isnt gospel and they even state that.

Edited by Shingara

WOW has a big advantage when it comes to calling its SUBS numbers, and that is called Asia.

In Asia, Blizzard does not do a monthly sub model, but its a game time model. That means that the subs in the region can buy 100 hours game time and use it an a year, or even two. This makes a big difference in many aspects when one mentions WoW numbers, especially when a big haul of that 80% is actually coming from Asia.

In this year Blizzard also offered WoW subs a free Diablo to those who took a full 6 month or 1 year sub. Apparently this attracted over a million subs, which is a big chunk of its Western World base.

But before comparing SWTOR to WoW always remember about Blizzard sub model in Asian, which is always in my opinion in revenue generation a bit like Horse of Troy.

SWTOR is in Asia now too.. so what's your point? However, the last sub count of 1.4 millions subs did not include the Asia release. So it's very likely that the next sub numbers will be higher. If not then yeah this game is in serious danger of declining subs.

They use this because people are poor in asia.

When you work for a dollar a day. Asking them to pay 15 bucks a month is a little much.

They break it up when talking about profits though

Edited by Lt_Latency

LoL i was waiting for shingara to bring up Blizzard. This guy loves blizzard. I actually don't remember seeing a conversation where he hasn't talked about blizzard.

Wasnt me that brought it up but thanks, are you somehow saying im not allowed to talk about it but you are.

Edited by Shingara

They use this because people are poor in asia.

When you work for a dollar a day. Asking them to pay 15 bucks a month is a little much.

They break it up when talking about profits though

Has it even been reported to how much actual profits Blizzard makes from Asia or WoW alone? I am curious for some reason I don't think it's as much as many claims.

SWTOR is in Asia now too.. so what's your point? However, the last sub count of 1.4 millions subs did not include the Asia release. So it's very likely that the next sub numbers will be higher. If not then yeah this game is in serious danger of declining subs.

Nah, the star wars IP is a joke in Asia.

They don't get it. So they should not be expected to get alot of subs from there.

Wasnt me that brought it up but thanks, are you somehow saying im not allowed to talk about it.

No, I'm just saying you can't defend SwTor without crying about Blizzard. Literally, you lack the ability to do that. Every post about subs, "blizzard does this in asia, blizzard counts gold farmers!" "Blizzard really only has 4.3 million subs, the rest are fake prepaid bots". Which is all well, but never changes the fact that Swtor will be lucky to even have a million this tuesday.