Another stun thread..

Morath

How is this fun? I am in war hero gear except 1 piece all augmented. I get stunned for 3 qtrs of my life and then 5 seconds later Im stunned again. I don't care how resolve works or if it is "working as intended" it simply is no fun when you cant control your character for that long.

Before all the stunlords come to defend, I know the difference between a stun, a root, and a slow. Simply put if your gonna have to burn a cooldown on a stun you should have at least 10 seconds of immunity to everyone. If 2 people cant burn you down without having you be able to fight back at all then something is wrong.

Just to be clear. I don't mind getting cc'd, but this is freaking ridiculas. If you have to boost the dps of some classes then do it but nothing is more frustrating than not even being able to fight back.

Ok.. I feel better LOL..

Stuns are fine... most classes get 1 stun with a (roughly) 60 second cooldown. The only problem is getting stunned back to back. Yes... there probably should be a 10 second stun immunity when you pop your trinket... that's it. No stuns should not be nerfed in any other way.

The only problem is getting stunned back to back. Yes... there probably should be a 10 second stun immunity when you pop your trinket... that's it.

There is no probably about it... there absolutely should be an immunity timer. The stun timer may be fine but the back to back is ridiculas. The immunity probablly should be longer in all honesty.

They need a balance to this which currently they don't have. Having the stuns the way they are now takes just about as much away from the game as if you removed them completely.

Oh and by the way.. I have 2 stuns on my vanguard 1 is 45 seconds and the other specced in is 50 seconds. I won't even talk about my scoundrel.

Edited by Morath

Stuns are also used as interrupts on healers. Now if you give people 10s immunity to stuns you better make my interrupt lock the entire healing school not just one spell or we will be back to pre 1.2 when healers wouldn't die.

Stuns are also used as interrupts on healers. Now if you give people 10s immunity to stuns you better make my interrupt lock the entire healing school not just one spell or we will be back to pre 1.2 when healers wouldn't die.

Just to be clear im talking stuns not interupts not snares not roots. I am talking about not being able to fight back or completely losing control of your character while being stunned back to back for an extended period.

Then you are 1 v multiple, which is a totally different issue.

Its the same issue it doesnt matter how many people are stunning you if you can't control your character at all by either 1 or 3 people whats the point of playing? What Im saying is if I have 2 people on me they should be able to still kill me but to completely make it so I cannot fight back is ridiculas.

Let me go down swinging dang it...lol..

How is this fun? I am in war hero gear except 1 piece all augmented. I get stunned for 3 qtrs of my life and then 5 seconds later Im stunned again. I don't care how resolve works or if it is "working as intended" it simply is no fun when you cant control your character for that long.

Before all the stunlords come to defend, I know the difference between a stun, a root, and a slow. Simply put if your gonna have to burn a cooldown on a stun you should have at least 10 seconds of immunity to everyone. If 2 people cant burn you down without having you be able to fight back at all then something is wrong.

Just to be clear. I don't mind getting cc'd, but this is freaking ridiculas. If you have to boost the dps of some classes then do it but nothing is more frustrating than not even being able to fight back.

Ok.. I feel better LOL..

cmon, any other guys feel like you, but only you cry like a girlie.

if you geared better than 85% guys in game - means you will get moar attention from enemy.

go recruit set and nobody will cc you, nobody will notice you.

cmon, any other guys feel like you, but only you cry like a girlie.

if you geared better than 85% guys in game - means you will get moar attention from enemy.

go recruit set and nobody will cc you, nobody will notice you.

Such a bad troll attempt....

Ok.. I feel better LOL..

It's not fun and this is why so many people have left this game.

i stay out of these threads..from what i been reading it's not the fact of being stunned or getting stunned by the same person with short cd stuns..usually 1 minute cooldown on stuns is about fair.. the problem comes when you face a competent premade in a ranked wz or a premade in a pug wz..

they can chain stun you to where you can't move for the whole duration and burn you down..yes you have smart groups who know how to time the stuns and keep you stun locked permanently or until you is dead..debating it will take forever and everyone has there own opinion..

in short i feel stuns have no place in Pvp sure in pve there useful for crowd control...player vs player is actually skill vs skill..you shouldnt win a 1 vs 1 with a stun as a crutch.roots snares and even knockback is cool you can still control your character and can think of a counter.

some people gonna say what about the healer free casting. well if you gonna leave someone alone to herp derp heal then thats a fault on you..you have interrupts.the hutball argument if you root and snare them it's pretty effective of course people will argue sin have force speed to remove root and snares.

basically i feel it's not the player fault..we are actually playing the game how it is intended and using the tools at our disposal..the fault lies in Bioware i dont like to point a finger but it's the truth..we can come on forums and debate this topic till we is blue in the face.

it wont change the game until Bioware step up to the plate and try to resolve the problem..to put it in simpler terms..Bioware we throwing the ball into your court how you gonna proceed to score.

Edited by Xertasian

i stay out of these threads..from what i been reading it's not the fact of being stunned or getting stunned by the same person with short cd stuns..usually 1 minute cooldown on stuns is about fair.. the problem comes when you face a competent premade in a ranked wz or a premade in a pug wz..

they can chain stun you to where you can't move for the whole duration and burn you down..yes you have smart groups who know how to time the stuns and keep you stun locked permanently or until you is dead..debating it will take forever and everyone has there own opinion..

in short i feel stuns have no place in Pvp sure in pve there useful for crowd control...player vs player is actually skill vs skill..you shouldnt win a 1 vs 1 with a stun as a crutch.roots snares and even knockback is cool you can still control your character and can think of a counter.

some people gonna say what about the healer free casting. well if you gonna leave someone alone to herp derp heal then thats a fault on you..you have interrupts.the hutball argument if you root and snare them it's pretty effective of course people will argue sin have force speed to remove root and snares.

basically i feel it's not the player fault..we are actually playing the game how it is intended and using the tools at our disposal..the fault lies in Bioware i dont like to point a finger but it's the truth..we can come on forums and debate this topic till we is blue in the face.

it wont change the game until Bioware step up to the plate and try to resolve the problem..to put it in simpler terms..Bioware we throwing the ball into your court how you gonna proceed to score.

I totally agree it isnt the players fault. I also agree that being unable to fight back is a bit pony really its meant to be PvP not I cant move or react but get killed. When that happens to me I laugh and get up and go get a drink then come back and go again, falling that I throw f's at the screen lol.

I totally agree it isnt the players fault. I also agree that being unable to fight back is a bit pony really its meant to be PvP not I cant move or react but get killed. When that happens to me I laugh and get up and go get a drink then come back and go again, falling that I throw f's at the screen lol.

Such a bad troll attempt....

where did you see a troll? i said just like things goin.

Really you noobs dont understand that without stuns shadow tanks and juggs will score without healing and any assist,.

will be impossible to take nodes on civil war, cus now with all this stun locks some rateds ending without capping mid.

i bet you play some tank or mara/pt.

and its nearly impossible to ruin some guys pvp rotation in fight.

See? Understanding games stunning system is about calss of player - if you are average you must live with it.