Leaving Mid-Match

LCEM

Something needs to be put in place to discourage those individuals that seem to bail out when the going gets tough. I'm sure we've all been there; an initial reverse (or perhaps a forlorn hope) and off they go, the 'I'm outta here, I don't do losing' crew.

It wouldn't make sense to prohibit people's freedom of choice entirely; and allowance needs to be made for those who genuinely have to go. How about a graduated system of sanctions?

1st offense (say in a 24 hour period) - 15 minute ban from PvP

2nd offense - 2 hour ban from PvP

3rd offense - 24 hour ban from PvP

These are suggestions only, and undoubtedly others will suggest a better system. But some sort of sanction would seem beneficial to those of us who tough it out; thus ensuring PvP continues to be viable.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if it is ok to punnish those that do not do things that you want them to do, we should also put in a lock out for the following.

Not passing in huttball when someone is open across the fire with full health.

Not getting ahead of the ball carrier.

Wearing full pve gear in post 50 pvp matches.

Not calling incomming.

Abandoning an area and leaving it totally unguarded because someone, somehwere said "help".

Just saying "help" with no indication of how much help is needed or where. (Granted the where part should be easy to figure out but still helpfull in most cases).

Stand on the edge of the pit and shoot down at the ball carrier.

Trying to cap an objective when someone else has already started.

Being in a premade that has to have all 4 members in the same area, all the time, no matter what.

So if it is ok to punnish those that do not do things that you want them to do, we should also put in a lock out for the following.

Not passing in huttball when someone is open across the fire with full health.

Not getting ahead of the ball carrier.

Wearing full pve gear in post 50 pvp matches.

Not calling incomming.

Abandoning an area and leaving it totally unguarded because someone, somehwere said "help".

Just saying "help" with no indication of how much help is needed or where. (Granted the where part should be easy to figure out but still helpfull in most cases).

Stand on the edge of the pit and shoot down at the ball carrier.

Trying to cap an objective when someone else has already started.

Being in a premade that has to have all 4 members in the same area, all the time, no matter what.

I'd rather a player who leaves rather than a useless one who stays.

Both a valid points. I admit I will leave if it is clear what the outcome will be, no communication or teamwork and players with no situational awareness.

I will always leave when the person that is ops leader has 3k less in health than me and yet they are a pvp God or Goddess and their word is what everyone should do ...also I will leave when I inspect players and they have on some junky lvl 26 implants or clothes no reason for me to stick around and get rolled

Reasons why I quit:

• My team is mechanically bad (cannot win 7 vs 3 when I'm holding 5 people at an off-objective)
  • My team-mates consistently break CC when attempting to cap objectives
  • My team-mates don't call incoming
  • My team-mates have tunnel vision and do not watch objectives (even when there are 6 of them there)
  • My team-mates have tunnel vision and don't see "INC 5 SNOW" spammed 10 times in Ops chat
  • My team-mates repeatedly let marauders and juggernaughts jump to them in huttball.
  • My team-mates repeatedly fight in the four corners of the map completely unaware of the balls position
  • My team-mates don't have the sense to send 2 people so one can run interference in alderaan
  • My team-mates don't focus the one healer who has been alive healing for the past 3 minutes
  • My team-mates don't pass the ball when someone is completely open in the end-zone
  • My team-mates don't get ahead for passes, and instead prefer to death-match on the middle platform before the first set of firepits.
  • My team-mates are wearing level 50 greens versus a battlemaster/warhero geared team
  • My team-mates don't even attempt to cap an objective.

Edited by Yeochins

The #1 reason why i leave a warzone.

Upon getting into the WZ, see that i'm the ops leader, allowing me to use the Ops Announce channel. This channel puts up floating text across everyone's screen in the warzone so there is NO WAY they can't see it.

Before the match starts I'll call out a strat - civil war for example - "Two people goto snow, one person come with me to grass and everyone else hit mid - use your mini-map to count how many are going where and adjust accordingly. (and if there's a marauder) Let's get a predation at the start too".

No one says anything, or you'll have a couple say where they're going in ops chat.

Match starts

No predation.

4 people following me to grass, 1 going to mid, 3 going to snow.

Right-click, leave warzone.

Reasons why I quit:

• My team is mechanically bad (cannot win 7 vs 3 when I'm holding 5 people at an off-objective)
  • My team-mates consistently break CC when attempting to cap objectives
  • My team-mates don't call incoming
  • My team-mates have tunnel vision and do not watch objectives (even when there are 6 of them there)
  • My team-mates have tunnel vision and don't see "INC 5 SNOW" spammed 10 times in Ops chat
  • My team-mates repeatedly let marauders and juggernaughts jump to them in huttball.
  • My team-mates repeatedly fight in the four corners of the map completely unaware of the balls position
  • My team-mates don't have the sense to send 2 people so one can run interference in alderaan
  • My team-mates don't focus the one healer who has been alive healing for the past 3 minutes
  • My team-mates don't pass the ball when someone is completely open in the end-zone
  • My team-mates don't get ahead for passes, and instead prefer to death-match on the middle platform before the first set of firepits.
  • My team-mates are wearing level 50 greens versus a battlemaster/warhero geared team
  • My team-mates don't even attempt to cap an objective.

Well hell, then i'd quit every time I played a WZ with those reasons.

How about the deserter gets flagged so WE can shoot them, then they get dismissed from the WZ.

You've been charged with cowardice under the Uniform Code of Imperial Justice.. the sentence is fragged for friendly fire to be carried out immediately by your squad. There, that should do it.

How about the deserter gets flagged so WE can shoot them, then they get dismissed from the WZ.

You've been charged with cowardice under the Uniform Code of Imperial Justice.. the sentence is fragged for friendly fire to be carried out immediately by your squad. There, that should do it.

Look I am not saying I am the best or anything but I can tell within the first few minutes of a match how it will turn out. I will not waste my time being the only player actively playing objectives.

If they do put in a deserter buff fine I will stop leaving warzones but the rage in ops chat will start getting real.

Look I am not saying I am the best or anything but I can tell within the first few minutes of a match how it will turn out. I will not waste my time being the only player actively playing objectives.

If they do put in a deserter buff fine I will stop leaving warzones but the rage in ops chat will start getting real.

I can appreciate wanting to quit. I pvp most of the time and I have quit before but usually in the beginning when I don't see any team work going on. Those times have been rare a very very few. Now, I just stay with it. Get my points do the best I can and go with it. If I quit every time I see something I don't like I'd never pvp.

I can appreciate wanting to quit. I pvp most of the time and I have quit before but usually in the beginning when I don't see any team work going on. Those times have been rare a very very few. Now, I just stay with it. Get my points do the best I can and go with it. If I quit every time I see something I don't like I'd never pvp.

Point taken. I am not saying I quit every time this happens either. When I see blatant and I mean just obvious disregard for teamwork I will quit. Usually out of 10 or so warzones a night I play I might leave one. Now this is only when I solo queue, if I get some guildies or friends to group with then we never leave.

yea yea we know, everyone on your team is bad and not trying so you quit on all seven of them and make some guy fill your spot, classy.

I admit I will leave if it is clear what the outcome will be, no communication or teamwork and players with no situational awareness.

Quitter

I will always leave when the person that is ops leader has 3k less in health than me and yet they are a pvp God or Goddess and their word is what everyone should do ...also I will leave when I inspect players and they have on some junky lvl 26 implants or clothes no reason for me to stick around and get rolled

Dealing with losing is too much too ask

Reasons why I quit:

• 1-My team is mechanically bad (cannot win 7 vs 3 when I'm holding 5 people at an off-objective)
  • 2-241 TLDR
  • 242-My team-mates have tunnel vision and don't see "INC 5 SNOW" spammed 10 times in Ops chat

Translation - I don't think losing should be a part of PvP

The #1 reason why i leave a warzone......

The #1 reason is actually because you do not like losing and don't care about who gets stuck with your spot

I can tell within the first few minutes of a match how it will turn out. I will not waste my time being the only player actively playing objectives..

Is it possible the other team is better?

I have quit before but usually in the beginning when I don't see any team work going on.

Amazing awareness that you can tell your 7 teammates are not playing correctly, you are my hero. Are you sure that is what you notice or you just notice that you are losing early.

When I see blatant and I mean just obvious disregard for teamwork I will quit. .

All you quitters are the same.

The mentality of the quitter is delusional. A normal person goes down early in a match and seeks to play better or meet the challenge of playing against a better team. The quitter blames his teammates and leaves.

Edited by richardya

yea yea we know, everyone on your team is bad and not trying so you quit on all seven of them and make some guy fill your spot, classy.

Quitter

The #1 reason is actually because you do not like losing and don't care about who gets stuck with your spot

Amazing awareness that you can tell your 7 teammates are not playing correctly, you are my hero. Are you sure that is what you notice or you just notice that you are losing early.

The mentality of the quitter is delusional. A normal person goes down early in a match and seeks to play better or meet the challenge of playing against a better team. The quitter blames his teammates and leaves.

Yep I quit, I did not sign a contract that I will carry under geared and unorganized pugs. I mentioned that this does not happen often but it does happen. With a premade even if its just me and some guildie well then its not so bad. It is a comforting thought knowing at least one other person understands how the game is played and knows how to execute in warzones.

Don't get me wrong I take my fair share of beatings 6-0 huttballs, 3 caps in CW and NC and instant losses by not getting a door in VS and they plant in under 30 seconds. Call me a quitter but if I see these trends when pugging then that is not fun so call it what you want. Pugs are random which is why and this is more true since server transfers I cringe when I have to do it because random is random.

Quitter

I take it you're one of the useless blokes who wants to be carried every match because you cant develop skills to be effective at PvP.

I dont mind loosing when people are competent, and there was good teamwork. I dislike having to carry people in war-hero gear who fundamentally dont understand how to be an effective team player.

Edited by Yeochins

I leave matches when Guild Finder finally gets me a group for a random flashpoint. I don't think a person should be penalized for leaving when the game is prompting them to do so.

Same here this is the only time I leave a WZ. Shouldn't be penalized for that.

I do like some kind of incentive for someone joining mid match as well. I have had plenty of times when I load in to huttball and we are down 3,4 and 5-0. It becomes a mad dash just to get trophies at that point.

Yep I quit, I did not sign a contract that I will carry under geared and unorganized pugs.

Let me explain this to you from a non-quitter normal person perspective. I have played many matches. I have won 6-0 hundreds of times, I have run through a Voidstar like no one was there hundreds of times, I have also lost 6-0 and been walked through in Voidstar.

What I realize is that sometimes the opposition is better then my random team and sometimes I am on a better team then their random team. Even if I have 10,000 more objective points then my teammates or score all 6 goals I do not take all the credit and I do not give them all the blame.

I deal with losing. It is only in your mind that you are carrying under geared players. When a quitter sees a quick cap he blames his teammates. When a normal person sees a quick cap he works on setting up at the next door or scorring. If the other team is better I will try to compete. If that means holding them to a 5-0 win, so be it.

Edited by richardya

You're half-way right. I don't mind losing when a match is well played by both sides and it's a fair loss, but when it comes to the example I gave in my OP, that's not going to be a fair loss. It's an obvious indicator in the first 30 seconds of the match that the teamwork isn't in the group, and that people won't be working together for the next 10 minutes of the match. Perhaps you're not familiar with the Ops Announce so i'll give you an example:

http://i.imgur.com/ge9xK.jpg

I just took that screen-shot, and ya know what happened? My teammates IGNORED it. I was the only person going infront of the ball carrier and trying to control mid. Even after posting in Ops Announce multiple times - that we have to control mid, no one went try and control it with me, so the opposing team kept getting the ball and scoring.

I knew it was going to be a loss 1 min into the game, and whaddya know happened? Lost 2 - 6, and the 2 points were because I was infront of the ball carrier as a passing option, was able to get the ball and then give it to a Jugg to score.

That wasn't a fun or challenging match for me, and I'm playing to have fun. Have fully modified, augmented, WH so comms are not a needed item for me. As for not caring who gets my spot, well that's part of the game. I join plenty of matches where someone's already left, and then leave myself. When I was gearing up, sometimes these matches would be great, because you can get a couple of quick medals and then earn the comms for a 3-min long match by joining an already in progress warzone.

Edited by Evil_Santa

ragequitting was not really a smart idea on my dead server since there was usually only one warzone running at a time if at all. now with these superservers it's a way to desynchronize myself from the idiots in my current warzone. you can tell by a quick glance at your map after the initial skirmish whether you have a chance at winning or not. idiots in stupid places, no one attacking healers, or massive gear discrepancy are all good reasons to bail. im not at work, i dont need to put up with that.

Something needs to be put in place to discourage those individuals that seem to bail out when the going gets tough. I'm sure we've all been there; an initial reverse (or perhaps a forlorn hope) and off they go, the 'I'm outta here, I don't do losing' crew.

It wouldn't make sense to prohibit people's freedom of choice entirely; and allowance needs to be made for those who genuinely have to go. How about a graduated system of sanctions?

1st offense (say in a 24 hour period) - 15 minute ban from PvP

2nd offense - 2 hour ban from PvP

3rd offense - 24 hour ban from PvP

These are suggestions only, and undoubtedly others will suggest a better system. But some sort of sanction would seem beneficial to those of us who tough it out; thus ensuring PvP continues to be viable.

what happens when someone has internet connection issues, and gets DC'd 3 times in a 24 hour period?

It's an obvious indicator in the first 30 seconds of the match that the teamwork isn't in the group,

Dear quitter,

You all say it's obvious in the first minute or 30 seconds that team work is not there. I say the only thing obvious is that you went down early. Which of us is right? Let's think about it, within 30 seconds of a match you have played, (your perfect game) you noticed that your seven teammates are all in the wrong place or doing the wrong thing. This is in 30-60 seconds. L O L. If that was true you are a god of PvP, sometimes those purple dots don't tell me everything, especually when I can't see the opponents that are not in my screen.

The only thing quitters notice is they are losing.

If you would stick around you would realize sometimes it takes a few minutes to get your group straight or realize who needs to be stopped on the other team.

Love

Normal non-quitter

Edited by richardya