legacy xp bonuses

Tyious

So I decided to roll a new alt. Cause that's the thing to do nowadays. Well I bought the class mission perk fully. And truthfully i can't tell the difference. My leveling doesn't feel any faster. I did pick up the speeder perk which is nice. I'm lv26 now and just doesn't seem fast. Any one else notice this or is it just me?

What were you expecting?

Isn't it like a 10% increase in experience for class quests (for the first level)? Have you tried doing the math on that? How much class quest experience do you get on a planet? 30K? Maybe 50K? 80K in the later planets? (I haven't actually counted, let me know if I'm way off, here.)

That means you get an extra 3-8K experience per planet. It's enough that you might notice, but if you're expecting to power-level on it, then you should go brush up on your math.

If I were you I'd get the flashpoint experience bonuses and the class mission experience bonuses (and maybe the space bonus stuff since that's only like 150,000 credits in total if I remember right).

It's not too expensive to get pretty much everything you'd need; on my Sage alt the perks totaled 1.1 mil when I included speeder costs. (I'm planning to purchase: Speeder training I/II/III, Improved Flashpoint Experience V, Legacy of Altruism III, Legacy of Leadership I, Basic Field Repair Droid, Field Mail Droid, Improved Class Mission Experience V. Also maybe Improved Space Mission Experience V if I ever want to do those.).

I make that in a day on the GTN, but it's still not too much money if you do dailies (though it'd take you a bit longer, more like 3-5 days to get one mil.).

The speeder perk is nice.

I bought the class + flashpoint bonuses all the way up and to be honest, letting the toon sit to build up rested exp is the far better path.

Hmm... not playing the game is more advantageous than spending ~600k credits and playing the game? Nice feature! /sarcasm

AFAIK, the perks are cumulative (says so in the descriptions) - which means you actually gain 30% XP when maxed out.

That SHOULD be noticable.

Except they're each on a particular style of play. The perks on class quests give you a 30% experience gain on what seems to be at most 10% of the content. That's effectively a 3% experience gain which isn't noticeable.

So I decided to roll a new alt. Cause that's the thing to do nowadays. Well I bought the class mission perk fully. And truthfully i can't tell the difference. My leveling doesn't feel any faster. I did pick up the speeder perk which is nice. I'm lv26 now and just doesn't seem fast. Any one else notice this or is it just me?

The big problem I think is that the bonus only applies to class missions, not the other planetary missions. Since the class missions are fewer, there isn't a huge gain to be had, although I fully believe it still boosts the XP you're getting from those missions.

Honestly, I think the best perks to get in this range are the Warzone/PVP boosts, Flashpoint XP boosts, and Space Mission boosts... I end up running those a lot more often than class quests.

In fact, I've got two characters that I've leveled (15 levels on one, 20 levels on the other) strictly through PVP warzones after finishing Coruscant. The WZ boosts are incredible, IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm depressed to hear that the Class bonus isn't noticeable. My biggest complaint about alts in this game is that you have to do all the same side missions every time you level a character. Not only does that get annoying and boring because you've done them so many times, but IMHO it actually ruins the class story line.

The class story tends to feel watered down and irrelevant when you do one class mission for every 10 or 20 side missions. I was REALLY hoping that this new class experience bonus would allow one to level solely on class missions and skip the side missions :(

Yes, they are pretty unnoticeable. Especially the Class Quest Bonus. Class quests make up around 10% of a planet's xp, and a 30% increase to 10% isn't much. Say a class quest rewards 10000 xp, even with 30% increase that's still only 13000. That is what, a couple of elites' worth of xp?

And space missions, don't get me started. In the beginning space missions were nice. You earned Fleet Comms for every mission, so even though the xp was crappy you still got something. Then they nerfed them so you only earned Fleet Comms from dalies. Space missions then became pretty useless since they didn't increase the xp to make up for lack of rewards. So say missions outside of dalies are worth around 2000 xp, even with 30% that's only 2600 xp.

About the only worthwhile Legacy XP rewards (IMO) are the Flashpoint and maybe the WZ, though WZ still sucks for xp if you get lots of losses. Flashpoints though are pretty sweet if you are around the right level. The problem being that there are gaps where you gain little xp due to you being higher than the flashpoints mobs' level.

For space missions to be worth it they need a baseline xp boost on top of legacy xp, WZ xp could use some lovin, Flashpoint xp is fine (if you don't keep getting Flashpoints you outlevel), and Class Quest xp is utter garbage (since it makes up so little of your leveling experience).