BioWare, communicate, please?

Rayla_Felana

While I can understand people's frustrations...

Bioware is under no obligation to answer your individual questions. It is very possible they simply don't have anything to report on at this moment. And if they did report on something, it would only satisfy a few of you. They are not here to answer your exact questions. The forums are simply a community tool for the players.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about what WoW did or does. All I care about is what BioWare is planning to do with SW:tOR.

Being demanding and throwing temper tantrums ("I wan my blankee right NOW!" or "Tell me what I want to know right NOW!") may have worked, and who knows maybe still does, on your parents but doesn't work on developers of MMOs. At least not after the first time they had hold off or scrap something they announced would be coming out in such and such patch.

You do know that there is a WEEKLY Q&A here on these forums where the DEVS do answer questions don't you?

You do know that they didn't even bother with the Q & A last week right? Guess they ran out of fluff questions to answer :p. Seriously tho Bioware's/EA's communication level is pretty poor or at least the Dev's that are suppose to answer questions in NA is. I would think that with a major competitor's expansion coming out soon,( as in a few months soon), with major content such as in 14-15 raid bosses on 3 difficulty levels that EA would talk to it's player base a touch more. A lot of players play to raid and unfortunately many will go back to that "other" game just because they have content to do while EA/BW stays silent. I know people in my guild are talking about it already and that makes me sad because I enjoy this game so much more than that other game.

Being demanding and throwing temper tantrums ("I wan my blankee right NOW!" or "Tell me what I want to know right NOW!") may have worked, and who knows maybe still does, on your parents but doesn't work on developers of MMOs. At least not after the first time they had hold off or scrap something they announced would be coming out in such and such patch.

Good to know, next time i go to a restaurant and get ****, delayed cold food, i wont throw a temper. I will just walk out and be happy at least i got food.

Noted.

Good to know, next time i go to a restaurant and get ****, delayed cold food, i wont throw a temper. I will just walk out and be happy at least i got food.

Noted.

Do you eat the food or pay for it? No. You have the same right here. Un-sub and stop demanding Bioware's attention each and every one of your individual demands.

Edited by Arkerus

I don't see anywhere in any of my posts where I have demanded BW do anything right now.

And insinuating I am a child is silly and pointless.

Noted.

Did you also demand that the chef come to you table and tell you how he intends to cook your food and at what times he expects it to arrive at your table? If so then you probably got the meal you deserved for distracting the chef.

Did you also demand that the chef come to you table and tell you how he intends to cook your food and at what times he expects it to arrive at your table? If so then you probably got the meal you deserved for distracting the chef.

Yeah right. Obviously you have never been to any of Todd English's Restaurants. That is just the type of service he expects from his executive chefs. :p

:D

Edited by Urael

I have been an avid supporter of this game since way way back in October 2008, when you opened these forums.

But I am starting to see more and more of a lack of communication and even less announcements.

Do you still care? do you still want this to be successful? you have passed most of the Quality of Life issues with this game, you've stabilized the body, now revitalize it and give it some air to breathe, don't just post a weekly Q&A, post two or three, make more videos, do some behind the scenes developer stuff, show people some future content, you don't need to give release dates, just hope for the game.

I am getting to the point where I am doubting what BioWare's intentions for this game are, sure you have had layoffs, but don't tell me, well that's it, pack up bags.

Get this moving and quickly, start the ball rolling, the sooner 1.4 comes the better, please give this game a ray of hope and pump out more content.

But more than anything: COMMUNICATE with your playerbase.

Pfff dude you are delusional if you think 2-3 Q&A, loads of videos and all that are possible. All that costs money and they don't fix anything. Money gone down the drain.

No, but i expect the waitress (community team) to do it. :)

Do you eat the food or pay for it? No. You have the same right here. Un-sub and stop demanding Bioware's attention each and every day to your individual demands.

Seeing as how I see a new thread started on this very topic nearly every day: your arguement doesn't have a leg to stand on.

The only person talking like that has been YOU!

Bioware sells a service, this isn't some privilege we earn or some free item we should be thankful to have, we're customers and as a customer, we have a right to expect a certain level of service. So far, Bioware isn't providing it. Not even close.

Bioware sells a service, this isn't some privilege we earn or some free item we should be thankful to have, we're customers and as a customer, we have a right to expect a certain level of service. So far, Bioware isn't providing it. Not even close.

^QFT.

Well said. :)

Edited by Urael

Double quoted for truth.

You mean they took a page out of Blizzard's book?

Really people, this game is 9 months old. Nine...months...old. Please note:

• WoW was released on November 23, 2004.
  • The Burning Crusade, was released on January 16, 2007.
  • Wrath of the Lich King, was released on November 13, 2008.
  • Cataclysm, was released on December 7, 2010.

WoW (the 800lbs Gorilla of MMOs with scads of money) hasn't had a content update since 4.3 November 29, 2011, just to put things in perspective for you.

I've seen this kind of crying on every MMO I've played, try going outside more or something.

May I point out a few things:

-Blizzard has an expansion that is coming out in a few months, so any new updates shouldn't be happening (Updates in terms of content)

-Blizzard is actively in Mist of Pandaria Beta, answering questions, providing feedback etc. Not to mention, MoP Beta is doesn't have a NDA.

-Blizzard has just announced that 5.0.1 (I believe it was this patch) will be hitting the PTR in the next few weeks, which means MoP is very close.

Meanwhile,

What exactly has Bioware been doing?

All we know is:

-New Planet (Makeb)

-New Companion (HK 51)

-New Race (Cathar)

-New level cap

I'm just comparing the communication between the two companies. It seems like Bioware has no idea what's going on for TOR anymore. It could be that I'm wrong, but the silence/lack of communication has led me to believe this concept.

Gonna be outrageous and go ahead and do it...

TRIPLE QUOTED.

*audience gasps*

I love this game far far far more than you do kid, I've been into this series since KotOR's release date, so stop the biodrone typical assumptions and realise that the Dev statements and community moderation has been completely silent for a long while now.

Im sure you do love it more than I do. Not sure what that has to do with anything. But seriously pull yourself off the forums and enjoy what is in game. if you cant then the game is just not for you. you will never have fun if your constantly looking and thinking about the negatives

May I point out a few things:

-Blizzard has an expansion that is coming out in a few months, so any new updates shouldn't be happening (Updates in terms of content)

-Blizzard is actively in Mist of Pandaria Beta, answering questions, providing feedback etc. Not to mention, MoP Beta is doesn't have a NDA.

-Blizzard has just announced that 5.0.1 (I believe it was this patch) will be hitting the PTR in the next few weeks, which means MoP is very close.

Meanwhile,

What exactly has Bioware been doing?

All we know is:

-New Planet (Makeb)

-New Companion (HK 51)

-New Race (Cathar)

-New level cap

I'm just comparing the communication between the two companies. It seems like Bioware has no idea what's going on for TOR anymore. It could be that I'm wrong, but the silence/lack of communication has led me to believe this concept.

^QFT.

I Agree. I too would like to see updates from BW akin to the same way Blizzard engages their community. I also agree the silence leads me to think the worste. That and BWs communication is poor at best when it is at its best. The use of off those third party sites for getting information out. Some of the information is leaked on sites I have never heard of so I wouldn't even know to go to them. Their prefference for twitter vs. their own forums. There is a general malaise over these forums all do to BW NOT communicating. But, the fan boiz will defend to the grave of this MMO that we can't, shouldn't, and must not complain or expect as good a service as some of us have gotten in other MMORPGs (e.g. Blizzard Communications: Love him or hate him but, I think Bashiok ROCKS!).

Want want want, gimme gimme gimme. The mating call of the QQ Bird. What do you wantthem to say. The same things over and over again? Trust me, get off the forums and play the game. If your not having fun then quit and play the next under developed game that comes out where you can be equally unhappy.

PS Let me know when they release a game with all the content and features of a game that has been out for 10 years.

And thank stars your not a game developer.... if you think releasing a game that is backwards in comparison to another that is 10yrs old is the answer then.. luckily its just a game and not say an aeroplane or a car or .. well pretty much anything that has been developed ever!

Or would you be happy for the response "dont worry in 10 years time this game will have all the same features that other game has rest assured.. ooh wait that other game has moved the goal posts again.. how truly unfair of them...

The whole point of bringing out something new, is just that.. it has something new to offer. SWTOR had Voiceover awesome (at least for a few runs round the block).. but it failed to bring a game that was at least on a par with other MMO's in respect of where things stand in the gaming industry and the "new" thing begins to look a bit underpinned.

It's kinda GM saying look at our new car - it is fully voiced controlled.. no need to steer, change gear or anything, just get in belt up and enjoy the journey.... and in the next few years we will be adding front an rear axles with wheels on them, possibly even brakes within 7 years... but wooohoooo the voice control system should keep you happy tfor years to come.. :rolleyes:

So .. stop using your "the other game has been out 10 years "theme... BW has had many many years to keep its eys on the industry and what its competitors were/ are doing... but they choose to respond by offering something pretty mediochre in comparison.. heck even many of the smaller MMO's have more features then this does and some of those have been out a third of the time of that other game... so why was this game released with such a poor UI, no LFM tool, no transfer capability, no name change facility, poor customisation, out of balance PvP, no RvR, no WvW, no guild ammenities.. errm in fact very little guild anything. Heck it couldn't even get server balancing right and had to utilise a marketed game update to promote its own band aid to try and fix the issue.

The game is ok.. not bad.. just nothing like the "great " I and many, many others were expecting.. and unfortunately the players have responded the only real way they can.. by cancelling and ridiculing. I am not one for the ridicule side of things, I am sure they tried their best but lets face it Bioware is no more and its sadly showing imo.

Edited by Bloodstealer

We truly are like a needy girlfriend or boyfriend. :D Oh and passive aggressive to boot. I wouldn't talk to us. lol.

Oh well... I'm off to play. The best way BW can communicate with me is with updates and content. Don't need the warm and fuzzy, don't need a roadmap, don't need devs to validate I know MMOs. Just the content please. That is what I'm paying for.

Communication with the player base is an extremely important part of maintaining it, players want to know what is happening with their game, they want to know what's in store, they want to know what the Devs themselves think.

That is what the community team is for....being the bridge between the players and the developers. There is not one single reason for a dev to post on the forums unless they feel like giving us a random bit of info, just like EL did on the custom orange gear changes a while back, or GZ did on some of the changes he was working on.

Relax....the company is going through restructuring right now. The info will come.

And thank stars your not a game developer.... if you think releasing a game that is backwards in comparison to another that is 10yrs old is the answer then.. luckily its just a game and not say an aeroplane or a car or .. well pretty much anything that has been developed ever!

Or would you be happy for the response "dont worry in 10 years time this game will have all the same features that other game has rest assured.. ooh wait that other game has moved the goal posts again.. how truly unfair of them...

The whole point of bringing out something new, is just that.. it has something new to offer. SWTOR had Voiceover awesome (at least for a few runs round the block).. but it failed to bring a game that was at least on a par with other MMO's in respect of where things stand in the gaming industry and the "new" thing begins to look a bit underpinned.

It's kinda GM saying look at our new car - it is fully voiced controlled.. no need to steer, change gear or anything, just get in belt up and enjoy the journey.... and in the next few years we will be adding front an rear axles with wheels on them, possibly even brakes within 7 years... but wooohoooo the voice control system should keep you happy tfor years to come.. :rolleyes:

So .. stop using your "the other game has been out 10 years "theme... BW has had many many years to keep its eys on the industry and what its competitors were/ are doing... but they choose to respond by offering something pretty mediochre in comparison.. heck even many of the smaller MMO's have more features then this does and some of those have been out a third of the time of that other game... so why was this game released with such a poor UI, no LFM tool, no transfer capability, no name change facility, poor customisation, out of balance PvP, no RvR, no WvW, no guild ammenities.. errm in fact very little guild anything. Heck it couldn't even get server balancing right and had to utilise a marketed game update to promote its own band aid to try and fix the issue.

The game is ok.. not bad.. just nothing like the "great " I and many, many others were expecting.. and unfortunately the players have responded the only real way they can.. by cancelling and ridiculing. I am not one for the ridicule side of things, I am sure they tried their best but lets face it Bioware is no more and its sadly showing imo.

People don't care if your voice your opinion. Its the hyperbole and exaggeration that piss people off.

Saying "THIS GAME IS FAIL OMG TALK TO ME NOW BIOWARE I KNOW HOW TO FIX IT I DONT LEAVE MY HOUSE ADD PAZZAAK AND POD RACING GIVE ME A HORSIE OR A CYBER WHALE"

...is not the way to construct criticism.