Predictions for new FOTM class?

zElmTree

We all know the current FOTM classes are marauder/sentinel and powertech/pyrotech . We also know that eventually these classes will get nerfed as the always do. The question is, what's next? My guess is gunslinger/sniper. What's yours? Edited by zElmTree

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None because i doubt they are gonna get nerfed. They are not that hard to handle tbh PTS maybe but not Maras/Sentinels...

For good pvprs mara/sents aren't difficult to figure out but to casuals they are quite difficult to defeat. Sadly I believe the majority of SWTOR players are casuals simply because this is a star wars title. They don't necessarily have the time like some of us to figure out the class. Because of that I think bioware will realize that(with the help of reading one of the thousand QQ posts about Mara/sent) and make a serious nerf almost like the sorc nerf that just made them a nuicense instead of an actual threat.

Snipers will be FOTM once everybody stops all this Pyro, Marauder and Sentinel nonsense..

Why should they be FOTM when their usual prey gets a nerf? This is when everyone should have fun with sniper, when we have lots of melee classes, not when they will get nerfed and their population goes down.

Edited by NoTomorrow

We all know the current FOTM classes are marauder/sentinel and powertech/pyrotech . We also know that eventually these classes will get nerfed as the always do. The question is, what's next? My guess is gunslinger/sniper. What's yours?

Sorry, only Sentinel/Marauder are the current FOTM, powertech/vanguards are fine. L2p

sorry, only sentinel/marauder are the current fotm, powertech/vanguards are fine. L2p

hahahahahaahahahhahaha,ahhahahhahahahhah, ahhahahahhahhaha, heh, heh, hahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhaha!

The same classes that are FOTM now. I doubt anything will get adjusted any time soon, they really don't appear to have a clue.

Well, they certainly don't have a clue as far as a lot of things, but I wouldn't get too comfortable with the current FOTM. Balance is a constant and it will inevitably shift.

We all know the current FOTM classes are marauder/sentinel and powertech/pyrotech . We also know that eventually these classes will get nerfed as the always do. The question is, what's next? My guess is gunslinger/sniper. What's yours?

If they nerf Marauders and PTs, next will be Snipers and operatives. After that: Sorcerers...again.

Yes, I said Sorcerers, because sooner or later there will have to be some buff for the class or it will bring the class up because of the nerfs made to other classes. Old players, that quit because of the 1.2 nerf, will come back and here we go again :cool:. Haha.

I think that mara/sentinels are pretty fine now (there is only one troble with undying rage with CD 2min or less). It's just trouble of other classes, except vanguard and pyro, that they are not so strong or people simply don't know how to play those classes. Vanguards and pyro have a lot - damage, defence, cc, and they are also available to do a lot of damage on the range more than 10. And for me was very strange, to gain rail shot with 4100 damage with my expertise 1260, while expertise of BH was about 1200 And when I saw Puncture in their tallents, first I said was "are they serious?"

P.S. What is FOTM? )) I don't know english very well

I think that mara/sentinels are pretty fine now (there is only one troble with undying rage with CD 2min or less). It's just trouble of other classes, except vanguard and pyro, that they are not so strong or people simply don't know how to play those classes. Vanguards and pyro have a lot - damage, defence, cc, and they are also available to do a lot of damage on the range more than 10. And for me was very strange, to gain rail shot with 4100 damage with my expertise 1260, while expertise of BH was about 1200 And when I saw Puncture in their tallents, first I said was "are they serious?"

FOTM = Favor of the Month.

e.g Vanilla WoW's elemental shamans that FROST SHOCK PERMA SLOW SPAM that hits really hard while windfury chain proc 1 shot kill (Wind Fury was w t f super nerfed a few months into wow release). Or Bright Wizard in Warhammer. Ken and Ryu in Street Fighter 2 (lol) ect you get the idea.

However Blizzard flips/nerf/buff very quickly and almost every month the perceived "OPed" classes changes, hence FotMonth. BW is very slow at class balancing so theres less rollercoaster ride in class power.

Edited by warultima

With that little of an expertise difference that sounds about right for rail shot. And honestly they really don't have that much defense, and not a lot of CCs either really unless you count the root on Plasma Cell.

To OP, snipers are sliding into FOTM status slowly but surely as people use them to hard counter sents/maras. When sents/maras get their nerf though (I agree it's inevitable though I'd prefer everyone else just get buffed with the kind of defensive cooldowns they get), then who becomes the new king will kinda depend on what else happens when Sents/Maras get nerfed. Sniper's will probably still reign pretty supreme for a week or two as the mara population dies, though a few brave ones will stick it out. Ops/Shadows might be attractive as hard counters to snipers. If Commando gets some good utility we could see them take a big step up too. All depends really.

Sure, but it was always very powerful.

Hahaha really? Do you not remember the thousands of "Marauders/Sentinels are underpowered" threads that flooded the forums? What is funny is between 1.0-1.2 almost nothing changed for Marauders and Sentinels. There weakest two tress were buffed, but outside of that nothing changed. We still have the same defensive CDs, the same basic skill set. The one thing that changed was people began to learn to play their class. Sentinel and Marauder have a higher skill cap, and reward the extra effort more then most classes. This is why people are having a problem with them.

Hahaha really? Do you not remember the thousands of "Marauders/Sentinels are underpowered" threads that flooded the forums? What is funny is between 1.0-1.2 almost nothing changed for Marauders and Sentinels. There weakest two tress were buffed, but outside of that nothing changed. We still have the same defensive CDs, the same basic skill set. The one thing that changed was people began to learn to play their class. Sentinel and Marauder have a higher skill cap, and reward the extra effort more then most classes. This is why people are having a problem with them.

Erm. 15% damage to master strike alone and the buffs you mentioned and you say nothing has changed? :)

For pyros your argument would fit, as they have even been nerfed since release. But for marauders who had a major overhaul?

OT: According to the forum nerf threads probably snipers/slingers.

Edited by Twor

Erm. 15% damage to master strike alone and the buffs you mentioned and you say nothing has changed? :)

For pyros your argument would fit, as they have even been nerfed since release. But for marauders who had a major overhaul?

OT: According to the forum nerf threads probably snipers/slingers.

Master Strike is....wonky at best. A good 80% of the time its going to be interrupted, either by a knock back or a stun.

Really what major overhaul have Sentinels/Marauders had? The Combat and Focus trees were buffed, but Watchmen was nerfed slightly, and Master Strike received a small buff. How does one channeled ability make this class overpowered? Use one of the bajilion stuns/knockbacks and you shut it down. The CDs have not changed at all since launch, heck Cloak of Pain was ADDED during beta because there was so much complaining about Sents/Marauders being underpowered.

Master Strike is....wonky at best. A good 80% of the time its going to be interrupted, either by a knock back or a stun.

Really what major overhaul have Sentinels/Marauders had? The Combat and Focus trees were buffed, but Watchmen was nerfed slightly, and Master Strike received a small buff. How does one channeled ability make this class overpowered? Use one of the bajilion stuns/knockbacks and you shut it down. The CDs have not changed at all since launch, heck Cloak of Pain was ADDED during beta because there was so much complaining about Sents/Marauders being underpowered.

It is also uninterruptable after a recent change :) Only with stuns, kbs etc now like you said. And sry but 15% damage and uninterruptable is not a "small" buff either- on that single ability. Espescially with the combat tree talents to root the target in place.

But the defensive CDs have only become strong with the changes to expertise and the increase of raw damage output by it- same with PTs.

It is not only the changes to the trees that have made marauders strong (i'm not saying op :D).

And if you played a combat spec nowadays you'd see the major change as it is a beast in damage output nowadays.

But lets not derail this thread :)