Great rpg's for PC

Blackweb

Hey I hope it's okay I'm posting this in general since there's no forum called "off-topic" as far as I can tell.

I just wanted to start a thread about rpg's and see what names people are gonna throw around. Basically just post an an rpg game/or several that you find the most awesome for PC.

I'll start off by naming a few I deem to be the best ever made for PC.

Fahrenheit - Indigo Prophecy: This game takes the cake... it's the most immersive and awesome game ever and the story is beyond compare. Everyone should play this, despite the sometimes awkward controls.

Baldur's Gate I and II: Classics do I really need to say more? (remake in progress atm, do a google)

Halflife: Best 1st person story ever if you ask me, the sequels are great aswell but honestly the story is so awesome in this game. (do a google on black mesa to find out about the remake which is in dev)

Deus Ex - Human Revolution: Another great FPS with a severly awesome storyline and great mood settings.

So what great names do you have you feel should be put on the very best list?

hitman: blood money=

i think its better than the first one you mentioned....especially how he pops the casket and kills everyone at the end

castlevania dracula x: several different versions were made exclusively for the pc,and you can find emulators everywhere,so id say,better and older than balders gate

and against half life i submit this one: deus ex,invisible war....the story is alot more epic and open ended,,,plus led to the one thing we actually agree on and that one of the ending of it is in my signature

deus ex,human revolution: no words,best game ever

but yeah you made some good choices yourself,i only ever got to play half life 2 though (not the same as the first one but similar)

then there is of course something im sure we all remember from the 1990`s,and yes you can get it on the pc....

007 goldeneye

then Zelda: Oot (ocarina of time),played that one when i was a little girl

and of course,many duke nukem games...gotta admire that guy,erm,in more ways than one *looks left and right real quick*

You do know this thread will get locked, right? The community managers lock all threads that don't have to do with Star Wars.

I'm going to make this about star wars:

My favourite RPG of all time is Knights of the Old Republic :)

The entire story where you go from a regular soldier in the republic army to actually being Revan himself is incredible. I haven't actually played another RPG since that has a better story.

I really hope that bioware eventually decides to remake Knights and the sequel with the latest enhancements. But i would love even more if it was also made available for consoles.

Off the top of my head:

Planescape: Torment

GTA: San Andreas

Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines

Diablo II + LoD and Median XL mod (or Zy-el)

The Elder Scroll series. Find your favorite, they are all excellent.

Hey I hope it's okay I'm posting this in general since there's no forum called "off-topic" as far as I can tell.

I just wanted to start a thread about rpg's and see what names people are gonna throw around. Basically just post an an rpg game/or several that you find the most awesome for PC.

Fahrenheit - Indigo Prophecy: This game takes the cake... it's the most immersive and awesome game ever and the story is beyond compare. Everyone should play this, despite the sometimes awkward controls.

Baldur's Gate I and II: Classics do I really need to say more? (remake in progress atm, do a google)

Halflife: Best 1st person story ever if you ask me, the sequels are great aswell but honestly the story is so awesome in this game. (do a google on black mesa to find out about the remake which is in dev)

Deus Ex - Human Revolution: Another great FPS with a severly awesome storyline and great mood settings.

very tired and didnt read but planescape torment and icewind dale seem to ring a bell for me as games i enjoyed in my younger years.

Ultima 6

Wasteland

Bards Tale

Curse of the Azure Bonds

Hired Guns (Psygnosis 1993)

I think I remember Hired Guns. If it is the game I remember, and you haven't tried its insipiration.... Jagged Alliance! (2 in particular). It's really a strategy game but with RPG elements. Hands down the greatest turn-based combat ever. Awesome AI that shames all other AI's, huge variety of weapons/items, hilarious voice acting, really really challenging combat, and all around a very awesome game.

I think I remember Hired Guns. If it is the game I remember, and you haven't tried its insipiration.... Jagged Alliance! (2 in particular). It's really a strategy game but with RPG elements. Hands down the greatest turn-based combat ever. Awesome AI that shames all other AI's, huge variety of weapons/items, hilarious voice acting, really really challenging combat, and all around a very awesome game.

JA 1 & 2 are excellent (and I forgot about them :o there's more I've missed I'm sure), they've just remade JA2 in 3D btw! (Jagged Alliance - Back in Action).

JA 1 & 2 are excellent (and I forgot about them :o there's more I've missed I'm sure), they've just remade JA2 in 3D btw! (Jagged Alliance - Back in Action).

There's also a semi-recent hak done to Jagged Alliance 2 that was really good. Done by users with the code (and possibly help?) from the original programmers. Added in some professional expansion-worthy features, tons more weapons, all the Mercs from 1, 2, and the official expansions, multiple user created Merc options, etc.

Also made it insanely tough(er) but made critical wounds healable to balance it.

Google Bear's Pit JA and you can find links to it. It is freeware now.

The Witcher Original Director's Cut, as well as the sequel. It is made by a small studio that hasnt been swallowed by corporate giants yet. High quality game, very good very adult oriented story lines, Pure RPG awesomeness. It has multiple endings and options, required 2 playthroughs minimum on each. I did 5.

Dragon Age Origins with DLCs, excellent game, sequel, mediocre.

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2. Beware, many versions of ME1 come with the securom which screws up the security on your computer.

Third is dissapointing, maybe in a year if they fix it up and make it better with DLCs it will be good.

KOTOR the original single player - great game.

Neverwinter NIghts and the sequel.

There's also a semi-recent hak done to Jagged Alliance 2 that was really good. Done by users with the code (and possibly help?) from the original programmers. Added in some professional expansion-worthy features, tons more weapons, all the Mercs from 1, 2, and the official expansions, multiple user created Merc options, etc.

Also made it insanely tough(er) but made critical wounds healable to balance it.

Google Bear's Pit JA and you can find links to it. It is freeware now.

Some nice stuff there. :)

Well, there is a ton of greatness in games, especially RPGS:

1. Mass Effect Trilogy with Extended Cut and all DLC (even Pinacle Station)

It is epic, it is retro, it will make you smile and cry, you will witness terror and beauty... amazing game which does allow you to shape the story and universe to some limited but still amazing extent.

2. Witcher I and II is only second to ME, because it still did not get it's ending chapter... best graphics for any RPG, regardless of platform, these games treat you like an adult (not only nudity, but in it's wholeness, this game is not for children)

3. Deus Ex: HR: The music, the style, the story... the multi-way missions... it is gaming greatness at its best!

4. Knights of the Old Republic - The single most important Star Wars game ever...

5. The Old Republic - What shall I say... it is not perfect but I really love it!

6. Batman Arkham Series - purely amazing

hitman: blood money=

i think its better than the first one you mentioned....especially how he pops the casket and kills everyone at the end

castlevania dracula x: several different versions were made exclusively for the pc,and you can find emulators everywhere,so id say,better and older than balders gate

and against half life i submit this one: deus ex,invisible war....the story is alot more epic and open ended,,,plus led to the one thing we actually agree on and that one of the ending of it is in my signature

deus ex,human revolution: no words,best game ever

but yeah you made some good choices yourself,i only ever got to play half life 2 though (not the same as the first one but similar)

then there is of course something im sure we all remember from the 1990`s,and yes you can get it on the pc....

007 goldeneye

then Zelda: Oot (ocarina of time),played that one when i was a little girl

and of course,many duke nukem games...gotta admire that guy,erm,in more ways than one *looks left and right real quick*

None of those are RPGs...with the exception of Zelda and Deus Ex...and Deus Ex is more of an RPG than Zelda.

Edited by Astenion

Deus Ex all of them, Human revolution is abit linare but still well worth the money.

Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim were just awesome i never finished Skyrim though just don't have enogh playtime.

Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 - Quite entertaining but they don't last that long hack n slash collecting items.

D2 & D3 - Says it all really i had D1 on my old playstation but i never completed it.

Final Fantasy are overrated the only good ones were 7 & 9.