Do you think we are overpowered?

PowerReaper

No crap, i was giving an example of what other dps classes can do not comparing what are you on?

because your comparison to commando was regarding you claiming that your survivability is fine?

Essentially your argument was this "We need abilities a, b, and c because we don't have abilities x, y, and z like commando's do. If we lose our 3 abilities, we won't have surivability" which implies commandos do. Terrible argument, considering they have the loweset surivability in this game.

I see plenty of threads regarding whether or not maras/sents should be nerfed, altered, left alone, etc. I see plenty of posters that bring up valid points. You, however, seem to be plastered all over the majority of them and seem to have little grasp regarding the lack of counter other classes have to yours.

From what I can tell, there are 3 classes that stand up to marauders:

1) other marauders

2) PTs, who also need a nerf (I play one, and will admit we are a little OP)

3) Snipers (which is your hard counter)

The others are either at a disadvantage at best (sometimes it a difference in player skill) or will completely be obliterated regardless of player skill, just poor class balance.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually eat all the classes for breakfeast because nothing can stop my veng jugg, but we all have those days where we are tired and die to noobs playing an OP class. (Mara).

Soo, easy fix?

Remove force camo from the game, replace with something called de-aggro. Same CD but uttely pointless in PVP. Then increase CD on UR by 50%.. voilla, the clas takes actual skill to play and when a mara kills me it'll be someone more skilled than me.. if that is even possible. ;)

Edited by _Zorth_

As a Guardian... I've long held the belief that Sents and Mara's are fine.

However after the TTK changes Vigilance needs the buffzors... :(

p.s. No nerfs needed... killing mara's / sents is what guardians do... not that we stricktly 1v1 you... we ride you from afar with taunt and guard till your all tired and wondering why that squishy just became a tank... then we hit you and when you pop your little I wins we stun/push/choke and dispatch. I like it... reminds me of wrestling gators... dangerous animals but easily handled by experts.

Edited by VoidJustice

I usually eat all the classes for breakfeast because nothing can stop my veng jugg, but we all have those days where we are tired and die to noobs playing an OP class. (Mara).

Soo, easy fix?

Remove force camo from the game, replace with something called de-aggro. Same CD but utterly pointless in PVP. Then increase CD on UR by 50%.. voilla, the clas takes actual skill to play and when a mara kills it'll be someone more skilled than me.. if that is even possible. ;)

Another bad idea...make UR 2 minutes and remove Camo no just increase the CD of Camo maybe and leave UR alone. When you make a Marauder or Sentinel you can decide if our abilities should be removed... just because you die on your so pro "veng jugg" doesn't mean the class needs it abilities removed.

Summary: Umad . . .

Edited by PowerReaper

I'm wonder about dudes, who bored about 99% damage reduction in 6 secounds, which have cd 1.5 min and cost 50% hp, when compared to Ops/Scoundrels have 100% damage reduction green bubble in 4 secounds (with enforcer gear buff), with cd only 1 min and without any hp cost.

Oh, wait, Ops have stealth too...

Edited by TonyDragonflame

I'm wonder about dudes, who bored about 99% reduction in 6 secounds, which have cd 1.5 min and cost 50% hp, when compared to Ops/Scoundrels have 100% damage reduction green bubble in 4 secounds (with enforcer gear buff), with cd only 1 min and without any hp cost.

5 seconds...

I'm wonder about dudes, who bored about 99% damage reduction in 6 secounds, which have cd 1.5 min and cost 50% hp, when compared to Ops/Scoundrels have 100% damage reduction green bubble in 4 secounds (with enforcer gear buff), with cd only 1 min and without any hp cost.

Oh, wait, Ops have stealth too...

Probably because they can still be hit with Tech and Force attacks during Dodge/Evasion. Because it's not 100% damage reduction, it's 100% defense chance against melee and ranged attacks. It's base duration is 3 seconds.

Compared to Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force, it's a very tame ability.

Your awful, if you cannot stun us while we are in GBTF and then kite us around and after that kill us after we sacrificed about 50% of our current Hp (we where already low anyway) then your bad. And still with the complaining about the double edged sword GBTF . . . (And its not overpowered because after we come out its really over without a healer if they player has half a brain and knows what he's doing)... again we're a melee class your a range class...

My not being able to stun you has nothing to do with my being awful (which I am. I've said as much in several threads). It has everything to do with whether or not my stun is on cooldown (not guaranteed at all) and your resolve bar not being full (also not guaranteed).

My being a ranged class doesn't mean diddly. Kiting on Commando is God awful. In Gunnery spec you might as well not bother.. In assault spec, if your opening abilities aren't back up again you aren't really much better, though at least your Hammer Shots will snare you if they actually proc plasma cell.

You have 4 cooldowns. I have one stun.

The maths say I can't counter all of them. Range doesn't even guarantee that I can get the first shot in.

Another bad idea...make UR 2 minutes and remove Camo no just increase the CD of Camo maybe and leave UR alone. When you make a Marauder or Sentinel you can decide if our abilities should be removed... just because you die on your so pro "veng jugg" doesn't mean the class needs it abilities removed.

Summary: Umad . . .

Another person that has no clue what he is talking about..

Force Camo is also a de aggro tool for PvE, Because BW are the laziest people in the world they did not bother making a seperate ability for PvE, Just called De Aggro..

BUT, They have an ability which has a pvE us AND a pvP use. So they cannot fiddle with CDs. Camo is just overkill and a cheap trick for staying in your enemys melee range, grants few secvonds of stealth and can save you from death if things go wrong. In PvE thats also just overkill and making marauders the best choice for melee dps because they have the highest dps and can escape crap more easily. SO just remove camo and replace with de aggro.

UR is a cheap second chance in PvP, Granting invincibility for 6 seconds for the cost of 50% of your HP, which gets back up easily with a HP pot or WZ medpack.

...But if removed marauders will actually take skill to play, but we cant have that, So just make it a little bit harder by increasing its CD and HP cost, Not making it a second life but a last stand. Where you put out loads of damage before you die.

I have a sent, and yes they are overpowered, but that isn't to say that other classes aren't as powerful, for instance: Sages/Sorcs are even more powerful, the Mercs/Commandos are the most underpowered healer in this game. So to say again, Sents/Maurauders are overpowered in comparision to some other classes.

(sorry for bad spelling and grammar)

Another person that has no clue what he is talking about..

Force Camo is also a de aggro tool for PvE, Because BW are the laziest people in the world they did not bother making a seperate ability for PvE, Just called De Aggro..

BUT, They have an ability which has a pvE us AND a pvP use. So they cannot fiddle with CDs. Camo is just overkill and a cheap trick for staying in your enemys melee range, grants few secvonds of stealth and can save you from death if things go wrong. In PvE thats also just overkill and making marauders the best choice for melee dps because they have the highest dps and can escape crap more easily. SO just remove camo and replace with de aggro.

UR is a cheap second chance in PvP, Granting invincibility for 6 seconds for the cost of 50% of your HP, which gets back up easily with a HP pot or WZ medpack.

...But if removed marauders will actually take skill to play, but we cant have that, So just make it a little bit harder by increasing its CD and HP cost, Not making it a second life but a last stand. Where you put out loads of damage before you die.

Lol yeah totes there guy. You know how often I actually have to use UD? Thing is rarely on CD and having to pop a cd to stay alive is part of the skill there... Knowing when to blow and when to hold.

So did you almost kill a mara/sent while you blew all your stuns and kb's right away (did you knockback, stun him, and then sprint away <yes i had a sage do this to me once>???) and then he tore you a new one with UD up so it was his fault UD is so called "oped"....

Lol yeah totes there guy. You know how often I actually have to use UD? Thing is rarely on CD and having to pop a cd to stay alive is part of the skill there... Knowing when to blow and when to hold.

You're proving his point more than anything. In the hands of semi-decent player it isn't even needed so what purpose it serves other than free 6 seconds of lol when you can still do full damage without any real downside.

Another person that has no clue what he is talking about.. I know exactly what i am talking about...

UR is a cheap second chance in PvP, Granting invincibility for 6 seconds for the cost of 50% of your HP, which gets back up easily with a HP pot or WZ medpack. 5 seconds, wow!

More complaining about Camo and GBTF LOL no offense but L2P don't cry because your getting killed by Marauders and Sentinels, a melee DPS class ROFL.

Edited by PowerReaper

as said the problem is mara/sent is no faceroll profession. people who mastered that profession have superior skills than those wrong specced faceroll specced players which refuse to read guides and test stuff to improve their knowledge.

mara/sent dont have that many more utilities compared to other profs, except carnage mara we dont have a stun and no knockback

plus we have like 20 keys to manage and a rotation. ignoring that rotation results in a huge ineffectiviness

I leveled several classes to lvl 50 and I can easily overdamage a marauder/sent as merc or assassin. while most other mercs/assassins cant which is proof for the fact that people complain about the strength of others before improving their gameplay

and that problem you'll find in every mmo

Yes, we only have an AOE stun and a bunch of snares/roots

More complaining about Camo and GBTF LOL no offense but L2P don't cry because your getting killed by Marauders and Sentinels, a melee DPS class ROFL.

You ignore the people who have a mara/sent and play the class saying it is OP. Camo and GBTF need a longer cooldown at the VERY least to make this class balanced. It's just faceroll to play right now.

I was gonna answer this but then realized that you're just a troll. 10/10 for a good topic, you fooled a lot of people.

If your gonna accuse someone of being a troll don't spell like one :)

Edited by PowerReaper

I'm not complaining, im explaining to you why maras are an easy class to play. You have abilities to always be in melee range plus you have a second chnce called UR which grants you invincibility for 5 seconds and with a WZ pack takes hardly any HP from you. Pretty much a big #$@! You when I'm about to kill a mara, I now have to waste another 10 seconds beating on him until I finally send him and his pocket healer tovthe respawn.

If you weren't a noob you couldn't care less about a fix to camo and UR because it wouldn't stop you from beasting on people. You better L2P without them because they'll be gone forever when daniel erickson gets owned by a mara.

Edited by _Zorth_

Predation/Transcendence is the biggest reason we bring a mara on our rated team.

This is the biggest imbalance I see. It is currently not viable to go without at least one of these guys for the speed buff. No other advanced class is absolutely essential.

Also, I agree with the 10/10 rating for the topic creator. He really did get a lot of people, but boy was that aoe stun comment a little too obvious!

Actually yes I do think mara/sent are overpowered, it's the only class in this game that scales well with gear, BM vs BM player the mara will win, WH vs WH player the mara will win. Only sniper/slinger can counter them well and there still aren't that many, there's a particular WH/augmented sentinal on my server that hits like a freight train (your 19-20K health gone in a matter of seconds).

Every single warzone I queue up for I face at least 4-6 marauders/sentinals, rarely a variety of different classes anymore and it's utterly retarded, why should I even bother trying to play my merc anymore since there's zero chance in surviving a single mara/sent even as pyro and my assassin is starting to have trouble with them now (didn't before). I'm not going to jump on my marauder or slinger just to be able to enjoy pvp, we should be enjoying pvp with the class we like to play, not what's the most effective in pvp. That's just like everyone picking up the MP5 in CoD4 or dual G18 in MW2 or M416 in BF3 just because it's effective, why can't I enjoy playing with the G3 or Vector or RPK74 instead?

So the mass popularity of a class does mean there's something wrong.

Edited by Sookster

We are perfectly balanced, I (anni spec marauder full stock WH and auged)pretty much only die to like 3 mara/sents (all of which are anni spec and all outgears me) and one (1) tankasin on my server.

This is from 1v1 defending/invading experience.

I die plenty when I try to solo a node being defended by 2 to 3 people. Vs 3+ I usually kill 1 of them then get killed. Vs 2 a lot of time I kill them both but if I am capping the side node I wont have enough HP left when they come back from their side speeder (and ofc I will die), at that point I use all my CDs to delay my death and hope my ally reinforce me..

So you can kill 2 people and almost a 3rd person by yourself and you don't think your OP lol.... Your no better then healers who think they should be able to heal through 2-3 people focus firing on them....

As a Gunslinger I used to be able to hold my own against Marauders thanks to our great Burst Damage, but 1.3 Bioware decided to remove pretty much all burst damage from Gunslingers making it really hard to kill anyone fast, now against marauders / sentinels I just get owned because with their burst damage they can dps faster then I can thanks to Biowares nerf to Gunslingers.... I would suspect that Marauders/Sentinels will have their burst damage nerfed next..... After All using there CD's a well geared Marauder can kill in you in 2-3 hits... and with Biowware stating they don't want people to die that fast only means Marauders / Sentinels will be nerfed soon..

Only sniper/slinger can counter them well and there still aren't that many,ng.

We used to be able to counter them, 1.3 nerfed our burst damage badly..... Now by the time we get a Marauder/Sentinel to 50% health were usually dead....