HK-51 Revealed

AlysonBridge

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HK-51 is a religious droid with a firm belief that he designed by the Maker with the "sole function of deleting high-ranking organic troublemakers from the galaxy." He does not waste his efficiency with pointless word changes.

Statement: If you think that then you don't know me at all.

Correction: I was designed by the my maker Revan and enjoy the termination of any meatbags. I also was extremely displeased when I was made aware of the HK-50s and their lack of the use of the word meatbag and the looping sinister hiss in the background of their speech. They also sullied my reputation of an assassination droid of unrivaled sophistication by lacking subtlety. They preferred wanton slaughter and body count. My function is about finesse, doing more with less. It is art. To loose sight of their purpose resulted in such imperfections and loss of function in only a few generations.

Statement: All references are on Wookieepedia and more specifically KotOR2.

Statement: If you think that then you don't know me at all.

Correction: I was designed by the my maker Revan and enjoy the termination of any meatbags. I also was extremely displeased when I was made aware of the HK-50s and their lack of the use of the word meatbag and the looping sinister hiss in the background of their speech. They also sullied my reputation of an assassination droid of unrivaled sophistication by lacking subtlety. They preferred wanton slaughter and body count. My function is about finesse, doing more with less. It is art. To loose sight of their purpose resulted in such imperfections and loss of function in only a few generations.

Statement: All references are on Wookieepedia and more specifically KotOR2.

Uh-huh. >.> Well as I said earlier HK-51 does not use the term meatbags and highly reveres the Maker. His personality has been fairly well known since before release, so I'm not sure why you're.....doing whatever you are trying to do(although I'm pretty sure you are diagreeing with me, kinda hard to tell since you didn't really address anything I said).

Uh-huh. >.> Well as I said earlier HK-51 does not use the term meatbags and highly reveres the Maker. His personality has been fairly well known since before release, so I'm not sure why you're.....doing whatever you are trying to do(although I'm pretty sure you are diagreeing with me, kinda hard to tell since you didn't really address anything I said).

Statement: *Sight* Being a meatbag, your response does not surprise me and also confirms that you don't know what happened.

Informative: The HK-50 doesn't use meatbag. The HK-51 was not in production because they 50s couldn't keep the 51s from trying to them. Then HK-47 uploaded his programming into the HK factory terminal. As far as we know they very well do use the term meatbag.

Correction: And yes, I did address everything you said.

Statement: I shouldn't have to inform you that I AM HK-47. Some meatbag used that as a username along with my more well known username of rebuiltHK47 so I had to use this lousy name. Unfortunately and fortunately they are not me.

Statement: *Sight* Being a meatbag, your response does not surprise me and also confirms that you don't know what happened.

Informative: The HK-50 doesn't use meatbag. The HK-51 was not in production because they 50s couldn't keep the 51s from trying to them. Then HK-47 uploaded his programming into the HK factory terminal. As far as we know they very well do use the term meatbag.

Correction: And yes, I did address everything you said.

Statement: I shouldn't have to inform you that I AM HK-47. Some meatbag used that as a username along with my more well known username of rebuiltHK47 so I had to use this lousy name. Unfortunately and fortunately they are not me.

Well you went about addressing what I said in a very round about fashion then.

And I am going to take a wild guess that you are completely unaware of the fact that HK-51's complete dialogue files were mined from the game client long before he was even officially announced. So yeah....the term meatbag does not appear once in any of the four files corresponding with what he says. He constantly speaks of the Maker in his companion conversations.

As a side note, from the dialogues about the origin of HK-51 it isn't clear whether the cut KotOR 2 content is considered canon or not. It is semi-alluded to, but it can be read in such a way to imply that the events happened during the Great War rather than during the time of KotOR 2 meaning HK-47 was not involved since he would of been guarding the Foundry at that time.

Didn't know Belsavis was icy.

I hope this lives up to the hype cause I get a bad feeling with everything required to get HK and the lack of any future class story or the like that he will end up a mute DPS companion who has arrived too late with no real role once you have collected him.

Yes, Belsavis is icy. If you have never done Eternity Vault then I understand why you would not know this, but Eternity Vault is based in Belsavis

the whole thing about hk-47 is he was a unique model in the first starwars knights of the old republic but after the first one he was destroyed and peiced out (mission to get him in the second game) so during that period his assasination programming and body were recreated and made better and more "refined" and thus made hk 51. the newer models were suppost to pass as protocol droids so they used the term "organics" 47 even had a dialog for the 51s and apparently they were suppost to have a whole questline to go to the factory i would assume it wouldve been to blow it up so i kind of understand now why they took it out

In a way I hope they have modules that you can install in him like the ones for your ship droid. So you can have him fill a particular role, for example Tanking or DPS. Just doesn't seem right to have a healing mod. Though more than likely he will be a ranged DPS class.

the whole thing about hk-47 is he was a unique model in the first starwars knights of the old republic but after the first one he was destroyed and peiced out (mission to get him in the second game) so during that period his assasination programming and body were recreated and made better and more "refined" and thus made hk 51. the newer models were suppost to pass as protocol droids so they used the term "organics" 47 even had a dialog for the 51s and apparently they were suppost to have a whole questline to go to the factory i would assume it wouldve been to blow it up so i kind of understand now why they took it out

Statement: Actually it was taken out of KotOR2 because the game was rushed beyond reason. And the mission was for HK-47 to go in and deal with them. Apparently the outcome was that HK-47 destroys the 50s because they were just dumb, and then fixed up the 51s with his programming making refined copies of himself. This just confirms that scenario.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

All Hail HK! I love how hard he is in the Foundry... he's worse than Revan.

Guess I'm alone in thinking that it's a waste of time to make such a video only to preview a single companion.

I was more hoping for a preview of a lot more new features if they were going to make a vid like this, oh well.

Disappointed, sadly.

I am in agreement with your initial guess.
who cares, I would rather see the game fixed......
I care. Edited by TREPE

Statement: Actually it was taken out of KotOR2 because the game was rushed beyond reason. And the mission was for HK-47 to go in and deal with them. Apparently the outcome was that HK-47 destroys the 50s because they were just dumb, and then fixed up the 51s with his programming making refined copies of himself. This just confirms that scenario.

Well, HK-47 didn't really consider the 50's 'dumb', just inferior, mass-produced, copies of himself. Their destruction was based party on HK-47s wounded ego and the fact they were after his current master, the Exile. And yes, the outcome is HK-47 ends up copying his personality into the existing HK-51s, which were superior to HK-47 and the HK-50s, spec wise. Then you blow up the factory, destroying the HK-50 and HK-51 production lines. The surviving HK-51s follow HK-47.

If you choose the LS ending for KotOR II, the HK-51s assist HK-47 with destroying G0-T0.

I am surprised the HK-51s would still be considered the pinnacle of combat droids considering 300 years have passed since their creation.

There's a fan-made patch that restores a great deal of the missing content from the PC version of KotOR II. I highly recommend it.

Grats on having the worst streaming playback engine ever guys. Anyone have a Direct YouTube Upload I can view (SD is fine)?

Ive watched it on my phone and laptop and it plays nice and smooth. Great graphics. You might try upgrading that 386 your running to a faster processor.

Waow!

Amazing can´t wait to pick him/it up.

Could this be the beginning of a new recruitment system as seen in other great games such as diablo or fallout ?

Maybe, maybe not, maybe a shot in the dark, then again maybe not, one thing is for sure, the developers clearly from the beginning of the produktion of SWTOR statet that they would use all known knowledge about MMO gaming and use all the best tools for a complete gaming experience.

So, maybe it is, maybe not.

SWalker out.

does any one know how we would even get this guy? 'cause i have heard that you need a lvl 50 empire toon and a lvl 25 republic toon, but idk.

You are correct (though the 50 and 25 can be vis versa). You will have to do a long quest series that takes place pretty much everywhere in the game. It won't be easy we were told at E3.