HK-51 Revealed

AlysonBridge

There were no hk-51' in tsl. There were hk-50's with silver colour and blue eyes. If you played the hk factory restoration mod there was stuff about a new series of hk droids that was going to be made. I also belive GOTO was involved in something ...man it was so long ago i played that. But something like this. There were no hk-51s in kotor2.

I was talking about the restored content mod, which is where the HK-51's are seen (They have the blue eyes). To me, the TSLRCM is canon, which is why I stated it like fact. Sorry, I should be more clear. Just excited for this!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HK-51s were supposed to be in TSL. If you play TSL with the restoration mod (a better [non official] version of the game, using Voice Over elements that were left on the disc, but not in the game), you would see the HK-51s.

I haven't played the restoration mod for a while (I'm waiting until they finish version 1.8) But, I love how much more they added for HK-47, and the factory.

I was talking about the restored content mod, which is where the HK-51's are seen (They have the blue eyes). To me, the TSLRCM is canon, which is why I stated it like fact. Sorry, I should be more clear. Just excited for this!

Parts of it are canon, as per the New Essential Guide to Droids. In this source book, made several years after The Sith Lords, it explains that HK-47 eventually discovered the HK droid factory on Telos' surface and was able to assume control of the droid army and defeat G0-T0 on Malachor - as was originally intended before being cut. Thus: HK-47 being HK overlord is canon. :)

Edited by Ravager

Any word on the requirements for acquiring this companion?

Apparently, you need at least two characters - one on the Republic, one on the Empire. One of the two must be max level, the other relatively high in level. Acquiring the companion involves the Legacy system somehow.

I hope they post it on Youtube or some place I can never view videos posted on Biowares site. I need to pause it to view it, but if I pause it the download stops. If I let it run to the end and I try to rewind it. Then its all choppy again from buffering.:mad:

I hope so too. This site just flat out sucks 98% of the time with their videos...someone really needs to look into this haha.

Whoops someone posted a link...thanks by the way !!!

Simon Templeman doing the narration?

Oh, youtube link for you all here:

I love how it's the same VO for HK-47 and the 51's from Kotor II ..pity this legacy will be better than that of

HK-47 and Revan....I will never forgive BW for that..

Edited by Eillack

I'm really curious - will HK-51 be a 'full' companion - will he have unlockable convos, and gain affection through NPC conversations? Or will he be like the ship droid, and only gain affection through gifts?

Parts of it are canon, as per the New Essential Guide to Droids. In this source book, made several years after The Sith Lords, it explains that HK-47 eventually discovered the HK droid factory on Telos' surface and was able to assume control of the droid army and defeat G0-T0 on Malachor - as was originally intended before being cut. Thus: HK-47 being HK overlord is canon. :)

And let's face it, Isn't that what matters most? HK-47 being overlord? I do have the New Essential Guide to Droids. somewhere, but I haven't read it since it came out. So, I may be a little rusty.

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

I'm really curious - will HK-51 be a 'full' companion - will he have unlockable convos, and gain affection through NPC conversations? Or will he be like the ship droid, and only gain affection through gifts?

Yes he is a "full companion" as you put it.

I doubt there will be any different skins for him though, unless there is a battleworn version.

It's been a long while since i played TSLRCM. But yes i guess you're right about the blue eye thing(i thought the hk-50s had em). I also see the TSLRCM as canon, considering it was supposed to be in game, and it makes the whole game make more sense.

Yes he is a "full companion" as you put it.

I doubt there will be any different skins for him though, unless there is a battleworn version.

Actually, I would be surprised if there weren't custom skins for him, considering he is being labeled as a 'full' companion. I foresee a chrome, battleworn, and/or HK-47 skin, personally.

I'm guessing your mid level toon has to finish Foundry or Maelstrom to get something from 47 (although is level 37 mid level?) then send it to your 50 who must either do EV or go to a 50 restricted area of Belsavis to implant it into the new 51.

It's been a long while since i played TSLRCM. But yes i guess you're right about the blue eye thing(i thought the hk-50s had em). I also see the TSLRCM as canon, considering it was supposed to be in game, and it makes the whole game make more sense.

It's ok. Curse LucasArts for pushing Obsidian to get TSL out by x-mas.

Actually, I would be surprised if there weren't custom skins for him, considering he is being labeled as a 'full' companion. I foresee a chrome, battleworn, and/or HK-47 skin, personally.

I sure hope so. I mean, I love this new look, but that Iron Man lookalike chest light... It just doesn't look right.

Wel lthen he will be a almost-full companion then. HK-51's are only Black/Grey. I doubt greatly we will get anything beyond the lore.

I sure hope so. I mean, I love this new look, but that Iron Man lookalike chest light... It just doesn't look right.

Lol look at PvP armor...we have MK-I and MK-II Iron Man armor already for Jedi haha. Plus, how do we know that wasn't the concept for HK units in the Kotor series. We all know Kotor II (well it was fully restored few years ago) was very rushed.

Edited by Eillack

totally agree

Wel lthen he will be a almost-full companion then. HK-51's are only Black/Grey. I doubt greatly we will get anything beyond the lore.

Lol look at PvP armor...we have MK-I and MK-II Iron Man armor already for Jedi haha. Plus, how do we know that wasn't the concept for HK units in the Kotor series. We all know Kotor II (well it was fully restored few years ago) was very rushed.

I suppose so. There could have been changes to the 51's between TSL and TOR. I bet I'll get used to it in a few... hours. If I keep watching the trailer. :d_grin:

If this is a Legacy character, I wonder what letter will be sent from one member of the family to the others would be like when they get their new Assassin droid.

"Hey Fam!

Check it out! Found a bunch of these droids just sitting in a ship on Belsalvis, crazy right! Anyways I made sure to get once for each of us, even grandma! Enjoy guys!"

If this is a Legacy character, I wonder what letter will be sent from one member of the family to the others would be like when they get their new Assassin droid.

"Hey Fam!

Check it out! Found a bunch of these droids just sitting in a ship on Belsalvis, crazy right! Anyways I made sure to get once for each of us, even grandma! Enjoy guys!"

No it's not, well at least that's what I got the impression of at E3. We are going to have to complete some difficult quest series across the galaxy to get HK 51 and we need one level 50 and a character half way to cap. 1 imp 1 rep too.