All Marauder/Sentinel FOTM Re-Rolls Complaining About Roots

DimeStax

So you rerolled Marauder or Sentinel cause you heard they were OP, and now you're wondering why you're constantly chain rooted, snared and CCed. These tactics have been around since BETA, and you're just now complaining about them? Now do you understand why they are not OP? Edited by DimeStax

So you rerolled Marauder or Sentinel cause you heard they were OP, and now you're wondering why you're constantly chain rooted, snared and CCed. These tactics have been around since BETA, and you're just now complaining about them? Now do you understand why they are not OP?

That conclusion is not supported by your argument, or reality.

That conclusion is not supported by your argument, or reality.

I don't play a marauder or sentinel and I don't think they're OP. My Dirty Fighting Gunslinger can kite them all day long. Anyways, my point wasn' to say Sentinels and Marauders are not OP, just that I think it's funny that the game mechanics people are complaining about now have been around since beta, and people are just now starting to complain about them cause they all re-rolled FOTM classes like PT Pyros and Marauders. They cry for nerfs on these classes in one thread, and then go into another and call for nerfs on the game mechanics that stops these classes. Hilarious.

Edited by DimeStax

I don't play a marauder or sentinel and I don't think they're OP. My Dirty Fighting Gunslinger can kite them all day long. Anyways, my point wasn' to say Sentinels and Marauders are not OP, just that I think it's funny that the game mechanics people are complaining about now have been around since beta, and people are just now starting to complain about them cause they all re-rolled FOTM classes like PT Pyros and Marauders. They cry for nerfs on these classes in one thread, and then go into another and call for nerfs on the game mechanics that stops these classes. Hilarious.

It is true that the main reason we are seeing a lot of "Resolve/Stun/Root/Snare" QQ right now is a direct result of FOTM rerolling, they wouldn't be doing the rerolling if they didn't have an OP reason to do so :D

Most Maras/Sents with a decent amount of skill know that without roots and slows or if they were apart of the resolve system we would be very OP. As it stands, they (roots and slows not on resolve) allow us to have our strong defensive tools to counter them making the game interesting.

It is true that the main reason we are seeing a lot of "Resolve/Stun/Root/Snare" QQ right now is a direct result of FOTM rerolling, they wouldn't be doing the rerolling if they didn't have an OP reason to do so :D

The reason I don't think they're OP is because if you don't fight a sentinel or marauder a utility class like dirty fighting gunslingers or sages can effectively keep them out of the fight pretty much as long as they want. Only when you fight them do they become very strong. In most cases it makes more sense just to keep CCing them and don't attack them while you kill everything else and save them for last.

lol FOTM classes such as PT/Mar, guess you left out the current FOTM and past FOTM Tankasin to mention just 1 amongst a few other's... gotta TROLOLOL @ the bad's crying for nerf's here there and everywhere against atleast half of the classes/spec's.

A better way of saying this would be: Everyone that cried NERF on classes like PT and Mara never actually played them and now that they rerolled they are seeing how much CC/Roots/Slows actually screwed classes like PT and Mara and how much advantage Jumps/Pulls/Immunity to CC/Cleanse/Speed Buffs/Stealth etc helped their previous class.

A better way of saying this would be: Everyone that cried NERF on classes like PT and Mara never actually played them and now that they rerolled they are seeing how much CC/Roots/Slows actually screwed classes like PT and Mara and how much advantage Jumps/Pulls/Immunity to CC/Cleanse/Speed Buffs/Stealth etc helped their previous class.

Bingo.

So you rerolled Marauder or Sentinel cause you heard they were OP, and now you're wondering why you're constantly chain rooted, snared and CCed. These tactics have been around since BETA, and you're just now complaining about them? Now do you understand why they are not OP?

Without giving my opinion on the matter one way or another; I don't think you really supported why roots aren't OP.

Lol found out Operatives can use "cover" wherever they want? What are you talking about. The only cover a scoundrel can use is "Hard Cover" where they roll or take cover behind an object, they cannot "Drop Cover" which is the shield mechanic Gunslingers get whenever they are not behind Hard Cover. I wasn't ridiculing any player, I was simply stating just that. The player had said that Scoundrels could prop cover, cap an objective, and they couldn't be leapt to and that's not true. Only gunslingers/snipers can do that. I didn't see your response or else I would have LOL'd at it.

Dude scoundrels can cover anywhere they want to, they just don't get the screen. The same cover rules apply to scoundrels as they do to gunslingers. Aside from the interrupt immunity. God! That would be wildly OP.

If I'm not getting attacked while healing, I always crouch and heal to prevent leaps and pulls. And, I always crouch everywhere I stop on a hutball catwalk.

Edited by Valsdad

Lol found out Operatives can use "cover" wherever they want? What are you talking about. The only cover a scoundrel can use is "Hard Cover" where they roll or take cover behind an object, they cannot "Drop Cover" which is the shield mechanic Gunslingers get whenever they are not behind Hard Cover. I wasn't ridiculing any player, I was simply stating just that. The player had said that Scoundrels could prop cover, cap an objective, and they couldn't be leapt to and that's not true. Only gunslingers/snipers can do that. I didn't see your response or else I would have LOL'd at it.

Yeah, scoundrels can just crouch cover. doesnt provide damage redux, but you can definitely go to cover right where you're standing. Maybe try making a sc/op and try it out before stating random bull shyte as fact?

Yeah, scoundrels can just crouch cover. doesnt provide damage redux, but you can definitely go to cover right where you're standing. Maybe try making a sc/op and try it out before stating random bull shyte as fact?

I later corrected myself. I assume a Dev removed the post.

Don't get caught in the open OP and you won't suck so much on your marauder, I never have trouble against snipers unless there's two of them as a mara- and in all fairness it seems reasonable that two of any class would be able to counter one of me.

Been playing a mara for a while- no single class provides enough roots to bother me- which supports what everyone is saying- that for a mara you need multiple players to take one down. Can it be frustrating to get four people bouncing you around or rooting you? Sure, but with the number of people it takes to shut me down on my mara, it'd be the same for any other class.

One thing to keep in mind before you start acting like roots are the be all and end all of only the mara- the marauder has more free roots than most other classes by CD- and it has a spec that gives it, by a huge margin, the ability to keep enemies rooted for more time than ALL other classes.

By a HUGE margin, the carnage tree has the most roots. Other classes aren't even remotely close. If you saw roots go on resolve- carnage mara and even mara/juggs off of the leap would immediately realize that resolve off of roots doesn't make them as OP as they thought it would.

Add resolve to snares, roots and interrupts so virtually all CC effects it- and you'd see a considerably more fluid game, and one where you don't get to just blindly smash your CC keys- because the CC of a mara revolves almost entirely around CC which doesn't effect resolve at all.

Ah, but you'll never see a smart mara ask for all CC to be effected by resolve, because the smart ones realize how big of a nerf that would be to them, and how they'd have to think about where to use their CC rather than just automatically doing it.

Pretty much this. The started liking the FOTM Classes, and then suddenly they had to deal with snipers rooting them from 35m away and oops, why i am not facerolling ppl like before 50?

Edited by NoTomorrow

No you cannot kite them all day with df/gs. I have fought many of you with my assassin and you have never been able to kite a thing. Pulse break on dot dmg. Most pvp is fought outside 1 vs 1 meaning I will take dmg. There is not one kiting class in this game that can get and keep range.

Its why I stopped playing ranged. Pull, slows, speed, cc breaker.

You might be able to cc and run away, but you are not killing me with your kiting. You might drop me with your superior dps (maybe). You might do alot of things to try and put separation between us, but I promise you. You are not kiting.

Most people complaining of cc do so because its not right. Not because of some advantage seeking purpose. I roll cc heavy in pvp. I've had the cc-immunity class. I have hated this resolve system from day 1 realizing how it functioned.

Tactics/Assault Vanguard running Plasma Cell and Hold the Line. <3

That is what I thought and tried it. I got to the fire pit and hit Hydraulic Overrides (Empire Version) got stunned, used my break and was stunned again before I even made it over the fire pit.

That is what I thought and tried it. I got to the fire pit and hit Hydraulic Overrides (Empire Version) got stunned, used my break and was stunned again before I even made it over the fire pit.

That's why you save your Breaker for full Resolve Mode.

Pretty much this. The started liking the FOTM Classes, and then suddenly they had to deal with snipers rooting them from 35m away and oops, why i am not facerolling ppl like before 50?

First off. Snipers root shot breaks on dmg. As does pulses root. Then you have flash.

You cannot effectively fight at max range as I know first hand you need to be closer especially for some of your harder hitting and longer casting abilities.

Add in leap and force pulls distance. A sniper with hunkerdown up means you cannot cc or jump. ok. Recklessness F.L. fine by me till resolve is down. Maybe darkness. When that hunkerdown is down its electrocute and pull. Hi! There.

Any other cover if you cc then you can pull/leap. I have speed for distance closing as well along with instant whirlwind.

Your not keeping range and kiting. Again 2 of anything is hard to counter. 2 ranged is harder to close on. That is why I have stealth as do maurders. Stealth and close is highly effective.

Just saying. Ranged in this game is at a serious disadvantage when it comes to keeping actual range.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.