Marauders / Sentinels

Leathen

1. If your still alive and the sentinel ran away. With his life. I dont see the big deal. Its not like he owned you. The point is to keep sent and maras away from you. So if they ran off. Mission accomplished And you cant get that far with 4 secs. Your suppose to keep Sents nailed down taking away their mobility to kill them. Van Zallow and Jung Ma imp players dont seem to have a problem with this. It cant be that big of a secret. You have heavier armor and range on us and knocks backs. And some nice burst damage.

If we had no cool downs. This is how the battle will go

Trooper See Sent....Starts firing....Sent takes damage as he gets in range...Finaly force leaps....Gets knocked back...Starts slowing moving while under fire...Start meleing to build focs...Trooper does burst damage Sent dies before he even begins to really get into the fight... You are far disregading the fact we have to build up to our damage and we can only do that ip close. With our only real gap closer being force leap unless you use force camo to get in close on the enemy so you can use ur force leap to get back into the fight. Hell our force pull technique got taken away from us before we even got to enjoy it. We need our cool downs to survive fights. And yes Force Camo is ment for us to escape a battle or out manuver people. Its how you use it. Some use it as a get out of Jail free card. And some use it as a gap closer. And I have no problem with My trooper when it comes to pushing back a Mara in pvp or killing one. I know how the class works and figured out the strength and weaknesses. Sents are bit more complex. Well thats because its a more complex class.

Firstly, that depends on the mission. If the mission is attack, and the objective is to get them the hell off the node so you cap it, then them force camoing out and call no joy means they can come right back once you decide to cap, force leap, and stop the cap. If they'd died because they didn't have a get ouf jail free card they might have gotten lucky with the door, or they might have gotten unlucky and now we cap the nods. The point is to get the objective or defend the objective, and doing either involves killing people to take them out of the fight and a sent/mara who can disengage at will can reengage at will as well.

Secondly that's not how that fight goes. We can't start firing on you till 30m, so you can either run to us for that 30m (which btw, you can make sure to have Transcendence up and ready before engaging to cross that 30m more easily) or leap when we start to cast something, interrupting that cast, get knockbacked much less than 30m, and close the gap again before we have the ability to get even one cast off (hint, at this point you should probably interrupt said cast). You guys aren't the only ones who have to actually do setup to get some good damage out of your class. Gunnery just requires setup that can actually just be flat out stopped.

At this point trooper damage depends on the trooper and keep in mind we're talking now about commando. Gunnery requires 3 full GCDs of setup to get our full burst potential. 2 GCDs is decent, at least 1 GCD is absolutely required and ALL of those GCDs require us to get 1.5 second casts off, and did we mention that you have the tools to always have those interrupted. Otherwise we're talking very lackluster damage.

Assault is a slightly different story. I'm going to open up with Incendiary Round from range and follow that immediately by HiB. Then Full Auto to hopefully proc another HiB and probably throw an Assault Plastique. This will do quite a lot of damage to you since while the FA is interruptable, everything else is instant cast, and the proc from FA is also instant.

But now I am completely out of gas for the next 15 seconds since all I can do now is more Incendiary Round (ammo cost is way too high) Charged Bolts (1.5s cast time and suffers severely from pushback in Assault Spec, and unlike FA it won't proc Ionic Accelerator till the end of the cast and there's no reason you can't interrupt this mostly every time I try to cast it since interrupts stop actions for 4s) or Hammer Shot. Maybe Stockstrike? My options become very limited. If you used your leap I could try to knock you back and kite, but I can't face you and kite, and that reduces my options to Incend Round and Hammer Shot, and oh yeah I can't snare you for sure on Assault. If I could snare you and reduce your mobility that'd be different.

Oh I know! I can concussion round you! Oh wait no that will just heal you.

But hey lets say that because of that initial burst and some lucky procs from DoTs because of Hammershot I get the edge on you and this fight lasts another 15s for me to do that again. If you realize what I'm about to do, you can either GBTF to prevent it (If I'm smart I'll only start the IR part of my opener) or you can just force camo out and go away when you have more backup. If you do that, there's nothing I can do to stop you.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg so much Drama because of some noobs which actually just need to learn playing their class properly.

I am really Sick of this. Marauder is a 1on1 class. Wie dont have any AoE attacks nor real Range attacks such ss sniper Shot. If a Singer targets you, a Mara is done for. A vanguard/powertech is a tank with Heavy armor and still an ditch so much damage. Every ranked Wz I play PTs are Top damage. Assassins can do awesome damage as Tanks aswell.

Have you tried to kill an operative healer with all their instand heals, stuns knockbacks etc.???

Thing is 90% of the People cant Play their class properly, then a noob like you faces a someone who mastered his prof and you start to cry because you cant be a turret anymore because someone attacks you. In ranked wz people Target PT/Vanguards first cuz of their damage, besides healers of course. I am sure you went with your pve gear without Expertise on it into a wz and faced a WH geared mara.

My advice: l2p l2p and Most importantly l2p!!!

Omg so much Drama because of some noobs which actually just need to learn playing their class properly.

I am really Sick of this. Marauder is a 1on1 class. Wie dont have any AoE attacks nor real Range attacks such ss sniper Shot. If a Singer targets you, a Mara is done for. A vanguard/powertech is a tank with Heavy armor and still an ditch so much damage. Every ranked Wz I play PTs are Top damage. Assassins can do awesome damage as Tanks aswell.

Have you tried to kill an operative healer with all their instand heals, stuns knockbacks etc.???

Thing is 90% of the People cant Play their class properly, then a noob like you faces a someone who mastered his prof and you start to cry because you cant be a turret anymore because someone attacks you. In ranked wz people Target PT/Vanguards first cuz of their damage, besides healers of course. I am sure you went with your pve gear without Expertise on it into a wz and faced a WH geared mara.

Someone who calls Pyro pts tanks shouldn't call anyone a noob. Someone who says marauders can't dish out AoE damage (hint: try focus equivalent) shouldn't tell anyone l2p.

Vanguard in the assault tree is not a tank....But I agree I have no problems at all with sents or raders. I play a commando assault spec. Easy to kite if you know what to do. And dont try to one vs one them. Also any class stacked is gonna **** you 4 vs 1. So stop whinning.

When the class gets fixed !

Is the old wow players complaining they never think of the pve aspect they hurt. I play commando and have no probs with mauraders or sents...No idea what you tards are complaining about is a team game if you get screwed by four gang banging you *** do you expect.

Someone who calls Pyro pts tanks shouldn't call anyone a noob. Someone who says marauders can't dish out AoE damage (hint: try focus equivalent) shouldn't tell anyone l2p.

Who Said PTs are tanks per se? Its a Tank class with Good dps or do you consider PTs as healers? Read the Description.

Sorry to say but a sent/mara focus/rage specced gotta l2p just as you it seems, have fun with your rage mara. You belong to the 90% who choose the wrong spec, pls dont here you are dangerous

Is the old wow players complaining they never think of the pve aspect they hurt. I play commando and have no probs with mauraders or sents...No idea what you tards are complaining about is a team game if you get screwed by four gang banging you *** do you expect.

But see that's the beauty of removing force camo! 0 impact on PVE, much more balanced in PVP (also why I'm fine with them having guarded by the force.)

Actually I'll show my ignorance and admit that I don't know if that ability is their only threat drop. If it is, then let them keep it, but only as an aggro drop, so it can be as useless in PVP as everyone else's threat drop.

Who Said PTs are tanks per se? Its a Tank class with Good dps or do you consider PTs as healers? Read the Description.

Sorry to say but a sent/mara focus/rage specced gotta l2p just as you it seems, have fun with your rage mara. You belong to the 90% who choose the wrong spec, pls dont here you are dangerous

Its not a tank class. Same as OPs are not a heal class. They have a tank spec, and a dps spec. You might want to read the "roles" in the advanced class selection. Its even listed there. Class Role: Tank, Damage.

But what shall I talk to someone who doesn't even know what a class is.

Edited by Twor

Omg so much Drama because of some noobs which actually just need to learn playing their class properly. !

I know how to play my class thank you, the OP is about the shear number of mara / sent in the WZ's now - one Overpowered class in a WZ isnt to bad, you can deal with it - but there are 3 or 4 in EVERY match now.

yea but seriously, I cant take down a mara/sent in no time as ranged profession.

I admit its because I played the class and know its weaknesses.

the main difference I as aiming at (but cba to write in such detail cuz typing on an ipad is a pain in the ***) that:

- a PT has heavy armor, maras dont

- PT can tank while still doing good dmg while maras online do damage

- a PT has AoE attacks while maras dont (and if someone comes up with focus/rage spec then just dont post here)

and the op wants maras/sents to get nerfed because more and more people play that class?

how stupid is that? what other Lightsaber classes are there left then?

- sorc got nerfed badly -> damage is crap

- juggernauts/guardians -> damage is crap (and here you can spec rage/focus!)

- assassins arent that bad

now nerf maras/sents and the ones who like to play a "Lightsaber" class are gonn roll an assassin til the next noob comes by telling "nerf assassins because I saw 3 of them in enemy wz group"

bioware does a very good job, they listen to the community as much as possible and try to balance and improve thing asap, other MMOs dont have that, so dont abuse that!

I know how to play my class thank you, the OP is about the shear number of mara / sent in the WZ's now - one Overpowered class in a WZ isnt to bad, you can deal with it - but there are 3 or 4 in EVERY match now.

and btw on my server Vanguard/PT is the most rerolled class currently

and operative healers

and the op wants maras/sents to get nerfed because more and more people play that class?

how stupid is that? what other Lightsaber classes are there left then?

- sorc got nerfed badly -> damage is crap

- juggernauts/guardians -> damage is crap (and here you can spec rage/focus!)

- assassins arent that bad

Yes my point exactly, every other class is "crap" compared to mara/sent damage - thank you for proving my point. It *IS* overpowered and that is why people are playing it - who likes to play to loose ?

Its just so over powered that people have dropped their main character and rerolled - this is why most warzones are packed with this class.

Yes my point exactly, every other class is "crap" compared to mara/sent damage - thank you for proving my point. It *IS* overpowered and that is why people are playing it - who likes to play to loose ?

Its just so over powered that people have dropped their main character and rerolled - this is why most warzones are packed with this class.

We're made for freaking damage, juggernauts can taunt and are made for tanking also same with Assassins, and sorcs are a range class that can freaking heal. God stop complaining and just learn how to beat us instead of qqing 24/7...

The 20% damage reduction only applies for 6s, it reapplies itself if you keep hitting us. If you keep hitting us it last for a max of 30s with a 1min CD. I wouldn't call it a cannon, doesn't have the range. Maybe a lightsaber? =P We disagree on something (T_T) Sad day.

Let me reiterate here:

[...] near-constant 20% flat damage reduction on top of ~25% damage reduction from armor [...]

Thirty seconds of uptime in a fight. Do your fights that you can't get out of last longer than that? Because all you have to do is survive another 30 seconds and it's back up, not to mention the fun little talent that reduces its active cooldown when you use your counterattack ability.

Edited by Daiyukie

We're made for freaking damage, juggernauts can taunt and are made for tanking also same with Assassins, and sorcs are a range class that can freaking heal. God stop complaining and just learn how to beat us instead of qqing 24/7...

You keep saying other classes can heal, but you can interrupt easily 50% of those heals and put a healing debuff on someone that lasts longer than its cooldown.

Or do you recommend that people try to spam-cast their heal and facetank you in the meantime (as DPS spec no less)?

You keep saying other classes can heal, but you can interrupt easily 50% of those heals and put a healing debuff on someone that lasts longer than its cooldown.

Or do you recommend that people try to spam-cast their heal and facetank you in the meantime (as DPS spec no less)?

Some of the stuff you say is invalid, for one we're not the only class with interrupts. And a healing debuff, without it how would anyone handle healers?

Some of the stuff you say is invalid, for one we're not the only class with interrupts. And a healing debuff, without it how would anyone handle healers?

<.< You're the only one that gets a spammable heal debuff, but I wonder, how DO other classes deal with healers? Oh wait, they don't when it's 1v1.

I also never said you're the only class with interrupts, but you're the only class with such a short cooldown interrupt that you can easily lock out a class' single big heal, since they're 2 seconds cast time or upwards, interrupt locks it out for 4 seconds and your interrupt can be 6 second cooldown.

So are many other classes - but they dont have the defensive skills YOU have - they also do not have the stupid low cooldowns that YOU have.

People (not just me) will keep complaining until your freckin OP'd class is finally fixed !!!!

As I have said before in this thread - ONE marau/sent in a wz isnt a problem, you can beat them.

But why do you think each warzone now has 3 or 4 in each team ?

Why are people rolling these classes ?

Why are people dropping their mains (which could be a simimilar DPS class for this ?

They ARE seriously OP'd !

As I have said before in this thread - ONE marau/sent in a wz isnt a problem, you can beat them.

But why do you think each warzone now has 3 or 4 in each team ?

Why are people rolling these classes ?

Why are people dropping their mains (which could be a simimilar DPS class for this ?

They ARE seriously OP'd !

We're not, stop qqing, read a book, and L2P etc =D

So are many other classes - but they dont have the defensive skills YOU have - they also do not have the stupid low cooldowns that YOU have.

People (not just me) will keep complaining until your freckin OP'd class is finally fixed !!!!

Learn how to play man, learn how to kill us the best way, crying doesn't solve anything.