Marauders / Sentinels

Leathen

Have to agree. Even bad Sent players get pretty good scores for DPS in PVP.

In Ops the highest damage output is ussually the Sents or Shadows, my Sage only wins is I can stand an turrent.

In PVP Sent/Mara that have a dedicated healer are harder to kill then Guardian or Juggs even though no guard.

Keep cleansing the Sent/Mara and they become unstoppable killing machines.

Edited by Metalmac

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W T F !!!!!!

How many "I win" buttons do they have !

(yeah I just got steam rolled in a warzone that consisted of 4 marauders, which is starting to happen ALOT now)

Marauders don't have "I win" buttons... They have "You lose" buttons.

Another one of this threads, please STOP IT!

Yeah yeah yeah we all know that we who are sents/maras is OP we understand it.

Why do you think we choosed a advance class that is based on dps, because we like to DPS that's the answer.

I'm so tired about all sage/sorceres thats compløin about getting killed by us.

Well read this and remember it: YOU are NOT made for DPS!

YOU ARE made for HEALING!!! Or TANKING if you are a jugg/guard!!!

ALL advancede classes in this game has DIFFERENT ROLES and USES!!!

WE sents/maras ARE MADE for DPS and YOU ARE MADE for HEALING or TANKING!!!

Stick to your role and use and don't cry about us in the forum!

You choosed your class and advanced class YOURSELF, you got GOOD information when you choosed a class

about it's use and it's advanceed classes uses! YOU made YOUR decission don't blame me for choosing a class and advanced class that is made for DPS!!! It's my job to kill you as FAST as POSSIBLE. And HEALERS shall HEAL their teams so they DON't gtet killede by me! And TANKS shall TANK!

There got it? Hopes this opened your eyes:) Sorry for being angry but this is the 3699 thread I have read about people crying about my advanced class that is made for DPS is killing them. So it had to come out...

Now have a nice day and enjoy SWTOR, and my two beatiful lightsabers that I WILL use to cut you down with:)

MOHAHAHAHA!!!

Why do you think we choosed a advance class that is based on dps, because we like to DPS that's the answer.

You choosed your class and advanced class YOURSELF, you got GOOD information when you choosed a class

about it's use and it's advanceed classes uses! YOU made YOUR decission don't blame me for choosing a class and advanced class that is made for DPS!!! It's my job to kill you as FAST as POSSIBLE. And HEALERS shall HEAL their teams so they DON't gtet killede by me! And TANKS shall TANK!

There got it? Hopes this opened your eyes:) Sorry for being angry but this is the 3699 thread I have read about people crying about my advanced class that is made for DPS is killing them. So it had to come out...

Now have a nice day and enjoy SWTOR, and my two beatiful lightsabers that I WILL use to cut you down with:)

MOHAHAHAHA!!!

^- What s/he said, also.

<< So you are saying their leap(s) isn't good enough as gap closers, and that the don't have as high damage uptime as ranged dps? I have two words for you: LoS, Instanta-cast >>

Yep. Several classes have a knockback or two (some on similar timers) if they don't have vanish (some have it all). Attacks like the sentinel force sweep can be very tricky to land on a target that is moving even though it's an "instant" attack. And "instant" (and charge) attacks don't mean squat when you're rooted 10+ yards away from a target.

Have you tried playing a sentinel? It's much easier to score much bigger numbers with a trooper or even ops in the 11-49 bracket. Even a level 50 wh needs a bit of support to top the charts if he manages to.

Lots of people don't like sentinels because they are the class that is in your face when they're killing you - and they should if you try to facetank them as a ranged dps or a healer. It's very easy to miss it when you're getting slammed vs the ranged dps classes but they get more done in terms of killing and battlefield control as often as not.

LOL Crying about Marauder again? Took you long enough.

The Return of the Marauder QQ. Good job necroing old busted myth hahaha.

HINT: Problem with Mara? Switch class and next thing you know you'd be complaining about Pyro PT.

Edited by hyuplee

LOL Crying about Marauder again? Took you long enough.

The Return of the Marauder QQ. Good job necroing old busted myth hahaha.

HINT: Problem with Mara? Switch class and next thing you know you'd be complaining about Pyro PT.

wow. i know people like to defend their class but that is just redonkulous

W T F !!!!!!

How many "I win" buttons do they have !

(yeah I just got steam rolled in a warzone that consisted of 4 marauders, which is starting to happen ALOT now)

this make it nr 9436453242 in the QQ threads about marauders/sentinels?

wow. i know people like to defend their class but that is just redonkulous

im not even trying defend my class lol What would be the point? These threads are completely, utterly pointless because - you're not gonna believe this - with the amount of qq and fresh hot tears on every qq'ers keyboard, Bioware actually BUFFED marauder in patch 1.3 LOLOLOLOL.

Now that gore can be used more often than before since its no longer bound by GCD, im having so much fun with my 12k ravage atm. Thread like this only serves to make me laugh and love my class even more.

Edited by hyuplee

MOHAHAHAHA!!!

This post has a few errors.

If you pick a sorc and go down a DPS tree you are not ment to heal.....

Its post like this that make me lose faith with this community.

Marauders will get a nerf or 2 just like we have seen with other classes in the past and then peeps will reroll again to the next class of the month.

But saying a sorc is ment to just heal is kinda stupid...they do go down fast but before 1.2 a class that you think should just heal would have burst you down faster then you can leap.

Give it a time and wait till the next class balance takes place.

I love my marauder and i always look out for sorc so i can burst them down :p but enjoy it while it lasts because we all know change will happen.

Marauders will get a nerf or 2 just like we have seen with other classes in the past and then peeps will reroll again to the next class of the month.

Erm... Not it won't lol

If anything you should pray that it doesn't get buffed - thats what happened in 1.3 and people has been crying about marauder since 1.2 rofl.

im not even trying defend my class lol What would be the point? These threads are completely, utterly pointless because - you're not gonna believe this - with the amount of qq and fresh hot tears on every qq'ers keyboard, Bioware actually BUFFED marauder in patch 1.3 LOLOLOLOL.

Now that gore can be used more often than before since its no longer bound by GCD, im having so much fun with my 12k ravage atm. Thread like this only serves to make me laugh and love my class even more.

Thank you for proving my point for me.

Erm... Not it won't lol

If anything you should pray that it doesn't get buffed - thats what happened in 1.3 and people has been crying about marauder since 1.2 rofl.

The same thing happened with sorcs :p pre 1.2 every patch that came out peeps moaned about them and in the end they got knocked down a few pegs...so it will happen to marauders.

Don;t get me wrong i love the class but seeing all this QQ on the forums about it will lead to action being taken about the class.

Just be ready when your bubble gets burst.

The same thing happened with sorcs :p pre 1.2 every patch that came out peeps moaned about them and in the end they got knocked down a few pegs...so it will happen to marauders.

Don;t get me wrong i love the class but seeing all this QQ on the forums about it will lead to action being taken about the class.

Just be ready when your bubble gets burst.

These "QQ" have been happening as early as 1.2 and we still got buffed in 1.3. If Bioware thought Mara has issue they'd nerf it then, but they didn't and they buffed the class instead. So if you really think BW will nerf this class because people on forum refuse to l2p then...well... what more can I say?

Edited by hyuplee

These "QQ" have been happening as early as 1.2 and we still got buffed in 1.3. If Bioware thought Mara has issue they'd nerf it then, but they didn't and they buffed the class instead. So if you really think BW will nerf this class because people on forum refuse to l2p then...well... what more can I say?

Thats not the way it works....the class may have already been balanced in a patch to come and it does take a while for these class balancing to make its way onto the live servers.

Keep your idea that just because they got a buff again its not to make the class ready for a small balance change in a later patch.

From what we have seen in the past this tends to be the way we see the classes change.

Marauders can do great damage against bad teams, but against coordinated good teams they can be handled.

Tell your tanks to learn how to guard. :D

DPS PT and Rage Jugg's need nerfed long before they touch Marauders.

Edited by Kurfer

MOHAHAHAHA!!!

Wrong on so many levels

1) I am NOT a sage/sorc

2) Sage/sorcs can be DPS also

3) Yes sents/mara are made for DPS - so why do they have defence procs BETTER than any tank has

4) Yes we all chose our class, most of us were also "fixed" by bioware - except sent/marauders, let me make the choice again today and have a valor 90+ and i will change without hesitation

Thank you.

I hate Marauders/Sentinels only with those damn cooldowns which pretty much make them invulnerable. Other then that, I would gladly fight a Marauder/Sentinel any day of the week over a damn Powertech/Vanguard.

Any group of 4 classes can look extremely strong when your queueing for normals.

if you play rated you'll see that most classes can be viable when played correctly.

Even though there is some big problem with balancing in Warzones, but I don't think marauders/sentinels are the problem there.

Edited by calendrapro