Randoms

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP

Me too, I had 2 daughters get married this last year, my wife may have to go in for another string of chemo treatments depending on the tests she took yesterday. I have another grandchild on the way, work is cutting back and some of my direct reports might be on the chopping block.

I am looking forward to playing, ( and so is my wife ) but it is not the biggest event in our lives. If we get in by Friday so we have the weekend to enjoy it we will be quite happy.

RARARARARAAR! Ok no seriously, pipe down grandpa, these younger generation you hate so much are the ones that are going to be standing over you, when you are crippled and helpless in a bed.

Maybe that's what he's worried about. The attitudes and rage over not getting early access fast enough would make me worry about these same people's patience if they were in my will...

But seriously, I'm not all that worried about it. I was completely prepared to get in whenever I get in, and start from there. After all, a lot of people will be out-pacing me in terms of leveling and gear while I do things like go to work, do my Christmas shopping, make the holiday party rounds.

Edited by ElhonnaDS

So why is this thread still going? I've seen negative threads locked because the general forum is a place to discuss "gameplay". This thread is about as relevant to gameplay as any of the negative threads.

Now, I think it is pointless to cry about early access when everyone knew exactly how it would work for days now, but silencing critics by labeling their threads "off topic" while letting equally off topic pro-bioware threads flourish is ridiculous. Everyone here is a paying customer.

Lol if only that card worked I would so do it! I gotta get something out of this right?

I'll say this much the months leading up to my diagnosis got me a 1 weeek trip to Disney World. Now that I'm cleared (cancer free) I'm sure my wife is like that was $2500 bones we could have saved. Now that she's the one in the same situation, she wants another trip to Disney World.

We do what we have to to keep our minds off such terrible notions. I can only imagie the stress you are under and pray for the day you get to start the rest of your life cancer free.

Edited by SarkoNivek

Oh no! People are dissatisfied with a product they payed money for! They must be entitled *********s (something about generational superiority).

Look, I'm all for standing up for yourself, when a product does not meet the standards it was advertised at, but consider the following:

They said EGA may be up to five days, and is handled on a first come first serve basis (like everything in life, basically)

It's the 13th (13+5=18 and not 20 .. hmm, makes one think, aye?)

People got in first, who ordered the product first, as in almost a half a year ago. They have invested early, and are reaping the rewards now. Most natural thing in the world as we know it.

Fact is, people have too much time on their hands, and can't handle their emotions, because they are the instant gratification generation.

It is truely amazing to see how many "8 year olds" that have been posting that indicate they think this game and the world revolve around them.

They say that you may get in 5 days early and people are whining, crying and telling Bioware how horrible they are because they were not able to get in 7 days early.

I will be honest and say that the state of the forums today has me seriously worried about this game. How immature is the player base going to be??

I feel for you Bioware, no one deserves to have to listen to all of the things that are being said in the forums today. I hope you just realize that it is but a small fraction of the players that feel the way they do and that you do not let it cause you to second guess what you have put together so far.

Hai! My son is 8 and has a great deal of patience, so don't lump all these QQ'ers with all 8yo's plz!

Right, I have EA, but could only play a few hours today due to the fact that I still have 2 finals this week. Most of the people that whine are kids and mankids. The kids have youth as an excuse, the mankids? Pathetic.

lol, sad but true...I really did laugh for this one.

To the OP

Me too, I had 2 daughters get married this last year, my wife may have to go in for another string of chemo treatments depending on the tests she took yesterday. I have another grandchild on the way, work is cutting back and some of my direct reports might be on the chopping block.

I am looking forward to playing, ( and so is my wife ) but it is not the biggest event in our lives. If we get in by Friday so we have the weekend to enjoy it we will be quite happy.

I am sorry, and truly hope your wife gets better. There's nothing more beautiful in this world (I reckon) than nicely growing old together with someone. It's these subtle things like family, that are a priority, not a few hours of game time.

I'm conflicted on whether or not not getting in today was a good thing. I'm going though chemo right now so I should be resting but what better way to rest then sitting playing a game!

Blessings to you. You can and will beat it.

The Force is with you.

I'll say this much the months leading up to my diagnosis got me a 1 weeek trip to Disney World. Now that I'm cleared (cancer free) I'm sure my wife is like that was $2500 bones we could have saved. Now that she's the one in the same situation, she wants another trip to Disney World.

We do what we have to to keep our minds off such terrible notions. I can only imagie the stress you are under and pray for the day you get to start the rest of your life cancer free.

My last treatment is a week before the new year so this year will be a good new year for me. Can not wait to stop feeling bleh all the time!

I would rather we was all treated the same and have to wait until the 20th.

What was the point of all the stress testing?

But according to most launches in history we couldn't have all gotten in flawlessly at the same time. BioWare made the choice of delaying some entries, but making sure everyone who enters doesn't have to face queues, lag or glitches. I say that's a pretty good compromise. This is a themepark MMO afterall, there will be no advantage to starting one or two days earlier.

Second: BioWare made all of this information clear and upfront, and they even fastened the joining process, I see no, absolutely no reason, why anyone could be upset.

But according to most launches in history we couldn't have all gotten in flawlessly at the same time. BioWare made the choice of delaying some entries, but making sure everyone who enters doesn't have to face queues, lag or glitches. I say that's a pretty good compromise. This is a themepark MMO afterall, there will be no advantage to starting one or two days earlier.

Second: BioWare made all of this information clear and upfront, and they even fastened the joining process, I see no, absolutely no reason, why anyone could be upset.

There's still a bit of unease from people working their schedules to play on release day only to have release day changed.

People's natural response, to something that they do not like, is to complain. Now-a-days our western society is very much "instant gratification" society. Therefore, I am not surprised about the amount of QQing that is going on.

In response to the OP's opinion of the youth of today. I agree! I worked at a college computer lab for 4 years and I have to say, wow.... I mean it seems like people raised in the 90s really have a self righteous attitude. However, my opinion is very generalized and stereotypical. So take it for what it is worth.

:jawa_smile:

Edited by Faedother