Expanded storyline's not coming until "next year or so"?:(

Jakobpoop

Already done all of the ones I care for, the thing that annoys me, is that this sounds like SGRAs won't be coming for another year, greatly dampening my thoughts on my future with this game.

To be honest. Hope it never comes.

Bad enough that I have female NPCs hitting on my characters and trying to lure them into marriage. Even after avoiding every flirt option.

Rather they focus more on the class stories than companions or world stories. At the moment class stories is all that is keeping going for this game since BioWare has dropped the ball on world PVP.

Edited by Azure_Prower

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest. Hope it never comes.

Bad enough that I have female NPCs hitting on my characters and trying to lure them into marriage. Even after avoiding every flirt option.

Rather they focus more on the class stories than companions or world stories. At the moment class stories is all that is keeping going for this game since BioWare has dropped the ball on world PVP.

So we shouldn't be allowed to have what we want, because you don't want to take part? this game is for everyone, not a 'me, me, me.' contest.

Yeah... Thats a warning there. Im not one of your typical "doom and gloom" players, and Id like to see SWTOR succeed, but hearing promises that are extending off the calender year always fills me with dread...

Im a STO refugee, see. And we are well educated on promises of content to come, that the developer is under no actual time constraint to deliver. Dan Stahl taught us all quite well that if "they" dont say its coming within a few weeks, or months, then you do not set your hopes on it.

They will never be able to make story content as fast as people can play threw it.

It's the reason most MMOs don't focus on it.

The amount of time and development is not good compared to how fast players consume it.

It takes years to make and days to finish

Edited by Lt_Latency

Greetings everyone!

We recently removed several posts from this thread for not being in compliance with our Rules of Conduct.

As a reminder, please keep the following in mind when replying:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.
  4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please report it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the report function to report their post.

7. Please note we may remove replies to posts that have been removed.

We encourage you to please be constructive and civil in your posts.

Since we have an active discussion on the implementation on Same Gender Romance Arcs, we ask that you please continue that discussion in the following thread HERE.

For our official statement, please see the following:

Official statement follows:

Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.

Thank you for your understanding!

No real surprise really, first off Bioware is Glacially slow with everything and the depth of the class stories, I am sure it will take some time, I just hope there is enough of a player base around in a year or so, for them to keep creating new content. I am taking my time going through the 8 story lines, I don't know if I can string them out for a year or so, I hope things like 1.4, 1.5 etc start getting out, at least to a snails pace..LOL

I try to do everything the game has to offer, raid, pvp, craft, quest, in all the modes, just crossing my fingers for new content, an I hope it is true new content and not just another ferris wheel added to the park..:)

Edited by kevlarto

i believe that one was about one year old.

the six month one was the one where they announced they would be coming this year.

mh na. I remember the topic in which it was posted, and I'm sure it was after the official release. what you are talking about the guild summit ;)

not that it matters much, my actual point was 'eh, yeah, we know this, and it's no longer a good enough answer. it should have never been a victim of the cut to begin with'

(after 6 months of live game they still fail to give me a satisfying answer why OGRA made the cut and SGRA didn't)

Edited by amnie

Look, this game is WOW, with better stories.

Stories are Bioware's core competency (still, probably, although DA2 and ME3 throw that into question) and stories are all that distinguish SWTOR from other MMORPGs. If they can't get stories out in a timely fashion, then they are going to keep bleeding. Raiding, pvp and so on are done better in other games.

I am not a dev, but I have done business consulting. If they can't deliver on their unique value proposition, which is story, then so be it. As Captain Jack Sparrow once said, there's what a (company) can do and what a (company) can't do. If they can't figure out how to pipeline content, the consequences are close to automatic.

Personally, I'll finish all 8 stories, and then I'm gone. If they want to keep me, they're going to have to put in more story. I am far, far from the only one. They need to figure out how to streamline and systemize the process -- to move from writing, to VA, to putting together the in-game presentation, and doing so fast. I would be aiming for new story every 4 to 6 months, at the very outside. If that means heavy instancing and using already existing worlds, then do it.

Already done all of the ones I care for, the thing that annoys me, is that this sounds like SGRAs won't be coming for another year, greatly dampening my thoughts on my future with this game.

I believe they will never include SGRA's, I think they made the we will add SGRA's in the future up just to get more people to play at launch.

... It looks good, but there is nothing whatsoever to make it feel like a living world. ...

• Metrics are lying: I'm doing 10+ WZ a day not because I like that but because there's no such thing as world

More and more ppl are realizing what's fundamentally broken in the very early stages of this game's design. And this i suspect is one of the main reasons why a lot of ppl left (some of them probably even non consciously knowing what they don't like). I remember a post in January where a player explained how he just "feels" different (read: better) just by traveling on his mount in that other game. He then finished his post that he can't explain whats his problem is, and that "the sun just shines differently and more lively" in the game that shall not be named.

The "world" is the reason why ppl often say that this game is not mmo. On the "technical" side swtor is exact mmo but in reality the game world have one single purpose - leveling. Then we hit 50 and the world practically ceases to exist.

And again the "world" is why ppl say they have nothing to do ingame, and this have nothing to do with the speed they chew content.

The problem is that Bioware copied the wrong wow (late wow) that lost 2mil subs and not the early one that had some world and gained 12mil subs.

I believe they will never include SGRA's, I think they made the we will add SGRA's in the future up just to get more people to play at launch.

If true, then I'll never buy another BiOWare product again, making official statements and then letting them fall through is outright lying, I won't pay a developer to lie to me.

If not and I suspect we'll find this out tomorrow if we ever do, then I'd happily maintain my relationship with BiOWare's products.

If true, then I'll never buy another BiOWare product again, making official statements and then letting them fall through is outright lying, I won't pay a developer to lie to me.

If not and I suspect we'll find this out tomorrow if we ever do, then I'd happily maintain my relationship with BiOWare's products.

Even though I probably won't use SGRA's I really want them in to add more flavor to the game, anything that adds variety without taking anything away is good. I doubt we will find out tomorrow Bioware likes to drag things out to keep people subscribed take the information on server transfers for example...

Look, this game is WOW, with better stories.

Stories are Bioware's core competency (still, probably, although DA2 and ME3 throw that into question) and stories are all that distinguish SWTOR from other MMORPGs. If they can't get stories out in a timely fashion, then they are going to keep bleeding. Raiding, pvp and so on are done better in other games.

I am not a dev, but I have done business consulting. If they can't deliver on their unique value proposition, which is story, then so be it. As Captain Jack Sparrow once said, there's what a (company) can do and what a (company) can't do. If they can't figure out how to pipeline content, the consequences are close to automatic.

Personally, I'll finish all 8 stories, and then I'm gone. If they want to keep me, they're going to have to put in more story. I am far, far from the only one. They need to figure out how to streamline and systemize the process -- to move from writing, to VA, to putting together the in-game presentation, and doing so fast. I would be aiming for new story every 4 to 6 months, at the very outside. If that means heavy instancing and using already existing worlds, then do it.

This is pretty much my two cents about this game as well, story keeps me here, not regular MMORPG content, I don't enjoy any other MMOs, the single player aspect to this game is what keeps me here, if BiOWare seriously can't give me a nice amount of story at least every six months or so, well I am a patient person but not that patient.

Even though I probably won't use SGRA's I really want them in to add more flavor to the game, anything that adds variety without taking anything away is good. I doubt we will find out tomorrow Bioware likes to drag things out to keep people subscribed take the information on server transfers for example...

Well tomorrow is meant to have a massive 'companions' panel with major updates and a whole new video thing, so who knows.

So in supposedly " story based MMO " story will take backseat for having more in game gear grind treadmill instanced type of content and that after not having in 6 month since game released any update on the story content.

Ah well what a surprise , another disappointment coming from Bioware :(

I guess cake was a lie after all :mad:

Edited by Lunablade

A MMO can not survive without steady regular updates. This MMO, is not immune to failing. If they don't get off their asses and send some updates our way and stop with this "Soon" crap, the future for SWTOR is pretty dire indeed.

Meh, since launch they have only been appealing to the raiding crowd, adding flashpoints and operations, and if you want to know how the story progresses, you have to take part in raids, this is completely the opposite of what the experience is while you are leveling.

In my opinion the should have focus in story post launch, not trying to please the whims of the raiders that already went back to wow anyway.

Edited by ChazDoit

SWTOR is developing like it's single player predessessors. They think waiting a year or two is prefectly acceptable. Which it is, oh we just won't be subscribing until the new content comes out. We don't mail BW money while they develop the next installment (i.e Dragon age, mass effect etc..). So BW, drop me a line in a year or two and I'll check back. Till then, cancelled. Edited by SikrouDeco

SWTOR is develiping like it's single player predessessors. They think waiting a year or two is prefectly accetpable. Which it is, oh we just won't be subscribing until the new content comes out. We don't mail BW money while they develop the next installment (i.e Dragon age, mass effect etc..). So BW, drop me a line in a year or two and I'll check back. Till then, cancelled.

Depending on what I hear tomorrow ^. The story is the only thing that interests me and after 3 50's it gets tiresome.

Story and great characters set this MMO apart from the rest, sure, other players value more day/night cycles or swimming and are upset those features are not in the game, but for me, the leveling experience in this game was the most enjoyable and momorable.

Im sad to hear they are delaying the class stories, I've already waited 6 months and don't want to wait another year to see what happens with my characters, pvp is fun and all, but without open world pvp, I'm not gonna be playing the same warzones over and over again, paying $15 month until you release more class story, which im sure you are going to charge for anyway.

I understand what you say and am of the same opinion, I've levelled each of my characters using the class stories, they have set a precedence. What am I expected to do grind dailies to level the next 5 levels when they raise the cap? In my opinion (and yes it is only my opinion) 5 level cap increase equals an entire planetary arc, and a 20 hour long class story addition, it's what Bioware started with, it's their own precedent, it's their promise of no grinding for XP so I expect it to be upheld.

I guess is good time to take a break from this game for a year or two till enough new story gets introduced to justify another monthly fee. Flashpoint and ops story is pointless therefore i couldn't care less about those, you get no recognition from other npc for completing those, also one minute you kill the guy the next he sends you on the mission.... Edited by Lucyfer_Infinity