2-3 maintenance days a week is too much

Pcolapat

I actually want them to consolidate these nonsensical touchup patches in with the tuesday patch. Seriously, if it's not a game breaking glitch, it can wait another 3 damn days. And if the servers are so crappy they need to be restarted 2-3 times a week, then maybe that's a signal to the customers -- time to ****.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see BW do maintenance during US prime time twice a week and watch the lawlz that would ensue on the forums

yep me also. given that we have had on average 2 maintanaces a week for what the last 5-6 weeks do we now have in effect two SCHEDULED maintances? if so just say so i'll go play something else ... that or actually stagger your maint perion boaewd on region .... something so the same peaple are not always affected by your shoddy testing / planning or organisation? ....

I want to see BW do maintenance during US prime time twice a week and watch the lawlz that would ensue on the forums

Yeah, all these people who tell the late night players to "get a life" when the game repeatedly goes down for maintenance, would probably start a revolution on these forums if the game went down in prime time multiple times per week, for 3-4 hours, instead.

Imagine if 2-3 days per week, the game went down for four hours between 6pm and 10pm. This place would explode.

It always makes me laugh when someone tries to justify it with the good old "Its American, consider yourselves lucky to be playing OUR game" defense.

Sadly most of those posting it are not trolling

I'd be willing to bet that they introducing the code required for the new HK companion and that code required is probably pretty monstrous considering how much your companion is involved wit hand interacts with.

Well maybe, but 2-3 time a week every week for HK-51 code? Probabaly not. :)

Quote: Originally Posted by Overtone

yep me also. given that we have had on average 2 maintanaces a week for what the last 5-6 weeks do we now have in effect two SCHEDULED maintances? if so just say so i'll go play something else ... that or actually stagger your maint perion boaewd on region .... something so the same peaple are not always affected by your shoddy testing / planning or organisation? ....

and this was so game breaking oh yeah ....

1.3.4a Patch Notes

7/26/2012

General

•Fixed an issue that could allow players to gain unearned items or crafting materials.

could have waited til tuesday night seriously ...

1.3.4a Patch Notes

7/26/2012

General

•Fixed an issue that could allow players to gain unearned items or crafting materials.

could have waited til tuesday night seriously ...

Actually no.. An exploit like this could ruin the economy.. So no.. It couldn't have waited and shouldn't have waited.. Bioware made the right call in fixing this.. Sorry it conflicts with everyone's schedule.. I for one support fixing bugs and exploits at any time!!

Sad that people want to complain about them fixing things promptly.. Had they waited till tuesday, we would all complain that Bioware doesn't fix things when they should.. Especially exploits like this..

I'm sure Bioware could refund you the time lost that you didnt get to play today, be sure to invest it in something you may need in the future; say a box of Kleenex.

I don' t think you're taking your own sigs advice tbf. :)

Yet again this week we have multiple maintenance days. In fact every week this month has had multiple maintenance days. When will it end?

I'm beginning to wish they'd just have 2 set days a week for "maintenance", at least it could be planned around that way.

I'm beginning to wish they'd just have 2 set days a week for "maintenance", at least it could be planned around that way.

And then what happens if a MAJOR game bug pops up after those 2 days, say on a Thursday and the next 2 maintenance days aren't until that following Tuesday and Wednesday?

Don't blame the maintenance. Blame the quality control. Minor patches and performance tweaks shouldn't break things on the live server. That's why we've been having multiple down days lately, a lack of testing before implementing. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's a pretty lame job on BioWare's part.

No, it's not the end of the world. We pay about $.50 per day to play this game, which is about the cheapest form of entertainment anyone is going to find. If you can't afford to lose pennies on the dollar due to downtime, then there is no hope for you.

Actually no.. An exploit like this could ruin the economy.. So no.. It couldn't have waited and shouldn't have waited.. Bioware made the right call in fixing this.. Sorry it conflicts with everyone's schedule.. I for one support fixing bugs and exploits at any time!!

Sad that people want to complain about them fixing things promptly.. Had they waited till tuesday, we would all complain that Bioware doesn't fix things when they should.. Especially exploits like this..

you know ... for a game that was hundreds of millions of dollars to make - LoLz - the decison makers were very inept to say the least

THERE IS TECHNOLOGY NOW for servers to REMAIN UP 24/7 with LIVE PATCHING if you care to spend the money for it and the staff to staff it ... but ALAS we did get a hundred million worth of voice overs in exchange for 2 days of week of not getting to play for some becuase they play off hours .... cheers

in the future as competetive as the mmo market is i believe a huge factor will be companies that that spend the money on infrastructure for live updating servers and staff that will have an adge ... take a hint bioware / EA or whomever is even left there now as a decision maker .... update the server systems ... but the CODE may be the ultimate villian in the end ... someone get a nice greased palm off that business deal - no logical reason for picking that engine with as much development money as SWTOR had behind it ... other than ... someone knew someone that knew someone that helped a brother out ....

and dont get me started on the decision to go with the HERO engine ... no way that was anything other than PALM GREASING SOMEONE AT SOME LEVEL .... what a crap choice of an engine ... hope whomever benefited from the under the table deal is loving life at the ritz

Edited by Part_Time_Hero

THERE IS TECHNOLOGY NOW for servers to REMAIN UP 24/7 with LIVE PATCHING if you care to spend the money for it and the staff to staff it ... but ALAS we did get a hundred million worth of voice overs in exchange for 2 days of week of not getting to play for some becuase they play off hours .... cheers

gw 1 servers has been down 4 times in 7 years also on hoilday events the servers are jammed with 300+ shards but then thats ppl who kno what they doing if anet can do that 7years ago why cant bw keep there sevrers up longer than a few days :S

Edited by belizar

Ruin the economy my left foot, that is complete tripe and utter nonsense....puhleez...there was no reason to take the game down to fix a problem that "might" happen which BW created because they cant properly code patches and can't properly test patches...maybe you enjoy paying for time you can't play, others of us do notand we have the right to complain about it

And then what happens if a MAJOR game bug pops up after those 2 days, say on a Thursday and the next 2 maintenance days aren't until that following Tuesday and Wednesday?

If patches were properly coded and properly tested, major bugs would be few and far between...not every week...

So your saying this is happening every week? Because that's what it looks like.

If so thats hard to belive that there is a game beaking bug every week. When servers are brought down more than once a week and people arnt compensated for their time they feel less value.

Other mmos only do 1 maintenance a week so why is this game having 2 days a week alot?

Some games just do a rolling restart from time to time and not bring servers down for a day.

What say you?

At what point in recent maintainance history were the servers brought down for 24 hours? Hint: Never.

There are times when dropping the servers for an unscheduled fix is necessary. Now, be a good boy and go read your EULA.

the game is dead anyway

If you are a hardcore PVP'er, crafted or raider, I would be inclined to agree with that sentiment. For solo PVE'ers like myself who play because it's star wars and want to play through the various SL's, the game is very much alive albeit an alt grind and money pit