Shadowstep would have been nice...

TiTaNsFaN

I already unsubbed and pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 and all but... just saying, if Operatives at least had Shadowstep as a unique offensive move I might not have been so disappointed. Sucks having so many gimped classes as your mains (merc operative).

Oh well.

See you in August fellas.

WoW had some good ideas, but not so sure the Devs here should go any further with the cloning. Just a quick look at the resource use, regeneration, cost, etc. in their ACs should be enough to convince you that they took some of the better ideas from WoW already. I am still waiting for them to normalize rage regeneration...since they went with rage through combat as their secondary resource for warriors...

Perhaps they could come up with more of their own ideas.

-Lad

In order for shadowstep to happen, some of the defensive CC that Operatives have would need to be toned down.

But I feel you, I'm pretty disillusioned with TOR pvp myself right now but having played GW2 pvp, it's not at all better and as long as Izzy is calling the shots over there it can only get worse.

I agree

Ops need a shadow step

Mercs need a disengage

Juggernauts need a spell reflect

Snipers need a pet

Assassins need an adrenaline rush

Sorcs need that shaman thing where you can cast on the run

Shadowstep cannot take place in SWTOR. How would you justify that a guy teleports himself with the SW lore ?

The only teleportation supply we saw in SWTOR are Rakata transportation units which are huge and cannot select a random position. (Work more like in Stargate)

Plus they are meant to be mysterious and non-understood, so how an Agent or a Smuggler could have a technology that would outperform the technology of the Rakata, the specie that nor Republic, nor Empire can even think to be their equal ?

Edited by Altheran

Shadowstep cannot take place in SWTOR. How would you justify that a guy teleports himself with the SW lore ?

The only teleportation supply we saw in SWTOR are Rakata transportation units which are huge and cannot select a random position. (Work more like in Stargate) Plus they are meant to be mysterious and non-understood, so how an Agent or a Smuggler could have a technology that would outperform the technology of the Rakata, the specie that nor Republic, nor Empire can even think to be their equal.

O I thought we were QQing not RPing.. My bad

The only teleportation supply we saw in SWTOR are Rakata transportation units which are huge and cannot select a random position. (Work more like in Stargate)

Plus they are meant to be mysterious and non-understood, so how an Agent or a Smuggler could have a technology that would outperform the technology of the Rakata, the specie that nor Republic, nor Empire can even think to be their equal ?

Yeah. Clearly we cannot have abilities that function similar to other abilities. I mean, can you imagine if stabbing a guy in the back worked just the same as shooting them with a shotgun? :rolleyes:

Doesn't have to be a "teleport" exactly. But even just an ability where the class vanishes, then reappears next to a target would function well enough for the skill. Alternatively, using clearly established items, like jetpacks or rocket boots would also function for the skill.

Anyway, I agree. I do think Operatives/Scoundrels need some kind of shadowstep ability. Perhaps high up in their Concealment/Scrapper tree, just to make it balanced. Make it give a TA/UA too.

Operatives could use some form of gap closer, maybe not a teleport, but it can be made to work. Operatives are elite agents of the empire, which we all know has access to all kinds of crazy gadgets. While smugglers are lawless criminals who have all kinds of black market connections.

Off topic but related to RP, does anyone have any experience RPing as an imperial non-force user, seems like all the sith would be *** holes to you for "RP reasons" was in a long convo about it last night and this reply reminded me of it

Edited by physiology

I already unsubbed and pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 and all but... just saying, if Operatives at least had Shadowstep as a unique offensive move I might not have been so disappointed. Sucks having so many gimped classes as your mains (merc operative).

Oh well.

See you in August fellas.

Cool, see you in September when you realize GW2 is trash.

Edited by Gidoru

TBH? I can easily come up with an example for the agent.

Example of a Star Wars shadowstep:

Description: You quickly stealth and employ a decoy in combat to hold your opponent's attention so you can strike from his blindspot.

Actuality: You hit the ability, have some visual effect go off making it look like yourself (the "decoy") is fading and then your character is teleported behind the target.

I agree

Ops need a shadow step

Mercs need a disengage

Snipers need a pet

Marauders need necrotic strike.

I agree

Ops need a shadow step

Mercs need a disengage

Snipers need a pet

Why don't Ops have a sprint?

Why don't Mercs have grenades that work like hunter traps? Or a Snare?

Juggs spell reflect? What?

No get pets tfo!!!

Tankasins are fine... it's the cool stealthy spec that is far squishy.

Sorcs need buffs/stance type things and a way to regenerate force or do whatever with cooldowns while in certain stances.

Cool, see you in September when you realize GW2 is trash.

So many salty tears about GW2 in general chat and here on the forums. Don't worry, many bads will stay behind and still play swtor after GW2s release.

The learning curve is steep, and the people that are alrdy bad at swtor pvp would have no chance in GW2.

I agree

Ops need a shadow step

Mercs need a disengage

Snipers need a pet

What about pyrotechs and marauders? Dont be mean, they can use some love, no one plays them.

What about pyrotechs and marauders? Dont be mean, they can use some love, no one plays them.

Give the mara a pull or a charge reset, like the one the jugg has.

For the pyro pt we should add a off cd, which adds 100% of dmg to rs.

That sounds fair, doesn't it?