The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPS MERCS and SORC GO AWAY

HaLeX

Seriously, when I have too many mercs and sorcs dps on my team its almost an instant loss. If you play these classes do your teamates a favor and switch to heals or reroll if you want to pvp. I cannot keep a merc alive long enough to make any difference. Now if you are the 1/100 who can outperform the real pvp classes then fine, but to the majority of you, your gimped toon is costing your team. Noone wants you in ranked and noone wants you in unranked either. Sad but true.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean this post is somewhat tongue in cheek. I play an ops healer switched from dps to heals. I was fine as an ops dps and enjoyed it but I could not outperform a good mara or PT so i switched to heals. I also have a BH that does not pvp because he is useless.

I mean this post is somewhat tongue in cheek. I play an ops healer switched from dps to heals. I was fine as an ops dps and enjoyed it but I could not outperform a good mara or PT so i switched to heals. I also have a BH that does not pvp because he is useless.

Concealment Operative can handle people like no other!

Also, have fun playing operative healer, spamming your heal over time and surgical probe; how boring!

I can always switch back after they nerf PT Pyro and Maras, for now I contribute more by healing those classes and letting them burst people down. If there wasn't such a big balance issue I would never have had to switch, I suspect I'm not the only one.

oh please... not bragging but i can hold my own as a Merc but in saying that ive seen PT's get there butts kicked in WZ's too. its all about the play, just coz we didnt reroll an OP class doesnt mean we dont have the right to play.

The three best pvp mercs I know of on my server have rerolled maras and one PT Pyro if that tells you anything. Both maras are now 50 and ready for battle and I never see their old toons just like my merc. Another merc rerolled PT Pyro.

Make me go away. I top damage boards regularly on my hybrid Sage alt in mediocre gear. I can only imagine what I'll be able to do in WH.

I'd do even more on a FOTM character? Maybe. But I'm still outperforming the majority of players, not to mention using my utility to disrupt DPS trains on healers (Force Wake is so good I feel almost dirty).

Make me go away. I top damage boards regularly on my hybrid Sage alt in mediocre gear. I can only imagine what I'll be able to do in WH.

I'd do even more on a FOTM character? Maybe. But I'm still outperforming the majority of players, not to mention using my utility to disrupt DPS trains on healers (Force Wake is so good I feel almost dirty).

Um yeah. I always hear this on Pyro and Mara defense posts, but I never see you guys in any wz I am in. There a few sage/sorc that do well in aoe spam maybe, and a few that are carried by god like healers, but otherwise any remotely skilled pyro/van or mara can kill you in 3 GCDs.

I suspect an ulterior motive. Either that or no one you play against knows they have more than three abilities.

Um yeah. I always hear this on Pyro and Mara defense posts, but I never see you guys in any wz I am in. There a few sage/sorc that do well in aoe spam maybe, and a few that are carried by god like healers, but otherwise any remotely skilled pyro/van or mara can kill you in 3 GCDs.

I suspect an ulterior motive. Either that or no one you play against knows they have more than three abilities.

It's called "teamwork". And hybrid Sages are among the best peelers.

And no, they can't. Unless I'm overwhelmed by several, or I'm grossly outgeared.

And yes, I play a Marauder. Among other classes. Helps a lot to understand their limitations to counter them in PvP. Alas, most people complaining here aren't even trying to "know themselves" - let alone "know their enemies".

Edited by Helig

The three best pvp mercs I know of on my server have rerolled maras and one PT Pyro if that tells you anything. Both maras are now 50 and ready for battle and I never see their old toons just like my merc. Another merc rerolled PT Pyro.

All that tells me is they are garbage players.

It's called "teamwork". And hybrid Sages are among the best peelers.

And no, they can't. Unless I'm overwhelmed by several, or I'm grossly outgeared.

And yes, I play a Marauder. Among other classes. Helps a lot to understand their limitations to counter them in PvP. Alas, most people complaining here aren't even trying to "know themselves" - let alone "knowing their enemies".

I don't believe you. Any equally geared pyro can burst your *** into the ground. You have a slow, a knockback with root, one stun, and force speed. The pyro can pull you if you use your speed, and the knocback doesn't hurt his dps in any way. You don't have the burst to take on a pyro who gets you in range, all you can hope for is his heat is already too high when he engages you, or he decides it's too much work to kill you and tries to fry someone else. So I call BS.

It is true that some Mara specs can be kited assuming you have all your cooldowns up. However this takes an extremely long time, and you have to run around half the map to get it done. Not really conducive to objective based play.

Seriously, when I have too many mercs and sorcs dps on my team its almost an instant loss. If you play these classes do your teamates a favor and switch to heals or reroll if you want to pvp. I cannot keep a merc alive long enough to make any difference. Now if you are the 1/100 who can outperform the real pvp classes then fine, but to the majority of you, your gimped toon is costing your team. Noone wants you in ranked and noone wants you in unranked either. Sad but true.

Sounds more like a "They killed me in PvP, so I am mad" article to be honest.

On my DPS Merc, I am able to break out 250k+ each WZ, which is usually 100k more than anyone else in the match, unless it's another merc, in which its about 100k.

I don't believe you. Any equally geared pyro can burst your *** into the ground. You have a slow, a knockback with root, one stun, and force speed. The pyro can pull you if you use your speed, and the knocback doesn't hurt his dps in any way. You don't have the burst to take on a pyro who gets you in range, all you can hope for is his heat is already too high when he engages you, or he decides it's too much work to kill you and tries to fry someone else. So I call BS.

It is true that some Mara specs can be kited assuming you have all your cooldowns up. However this takes an extremely long time, and you have to run around half the map to get it done. Not really conducive to objective based play.

I have an instant Lift, and I have an exploding mez shield (especially fun when he opens with burn=>pull, and the shield explodes in his face). I can keep them slowed indefinitely, I also am in a very good position to abuse LoS, and I have several medium-cooldown ways to counter pull. He can hurt at 30 meters, but he can't really decimate me.

And yes - you said it. Enemies often disengage me when they see that I'm no pushover and I can survive their undivided attention long enough to be a "bad", inefficient-to-pursue target.

Dunno, I have a DPS Sage guildie, yesterday we had a Voidstar where he did 460k damage - the best in the Warzone - and 160k healing, died only 5 times. I'd definitely want to have him on any ranked Warzone team.

Telekinetic is in a bad spot, I believe; Balance/Madness, however, is still great. It probably has a higher skill requirement than Vanguard/Powertech but it can be devastating when played right. Of course even he can't beat a good Marauder or Powertech but Sage was never supposed to be a 1v1 class anyway.

Edited by Siorac

i have had a sorc dps since launch and i still play him every day.

i simply laugh at people saying its crap since the nerf.

i kill alot of the fotm classes by myself with over 50% health left.

They key to beating them is knowing their build and when you see the form or cylinder they are using you know enough to counter them if you even looked at the skilltree they have before rage quiting the class.

OFFCOURSE, a very good mara will own me but im not even supposed to be a 1v1 class in the first place.

When they beat me i know why and there is nothing i can do about it and i accept that.

The main problem with alot of people playing these classes and not loved by the majority of players to have on their team is the fact that those people dont understand the role of their class.

Lets not forget that half the people expect their class to be the best and when they get owned they blame the op-ness of the other class instead of looking at their own skill and playstyle.

i play my class the way i want it in the form i think it was designed for.

If you get 4 of me in a team it will not be effective but 1 or 2 are actually an advantage.

the real problem you are describing

Sorcs for example are very wanted in hardmodes and raids. these same guys that own in pve suck at pvp but often just want to do their daily for a bit of fun im guessing.

These are the guys messing your team up since they play 3 matches at most a day and never learn anything about the map, other classes, or the difference in how skills work in pvp compared to pve!!!!!

This is the main problem!!!!!

When ranked came out i often was rejected to join when they found out i was DPS.

Then i simply asked them to give me a chance and i have been joining them ever since when there is a spot available.

I get no complaints at all, no ************ about my dps, no crying about me not playing the objectives cause im using my class RIGHT.

In the end im glad there is hate for my class at 50 at least all the crybabies for nerfs wont ***** at my class for being OP so i dont have to worry about a even bigger nerf.

but everything described above aplies to all classes its just that fotm classes are more forgiving for failnoobs so their stats still look decent at the end while they were just as useless as your standard sorc/merc

Did you get face rolled or something to have so much hate for these classes? I love how people say a class is broken when its simple to just understand your class. I for one know mine.

I am DPS spec and Merc's are one of the best classes to play for PvP and very diversified to pick up quick roles when needed in matches. Its all about switching Cylinders when needed.

http://www.nolatency.enjin.com/profile/1704304/pics/album/album_id/166583 <---- I am not in full Warhero either to accomplish this.

Edited by Asturias

Did you get face rolled or something to have so much hate for these classes? I love how people say a class is broken when its simple to just understand your class. I for one know mine.

I am DPS spec and Merc's are one of the best classes to play for PvP and very diversified to pick up quick roles when needed in matches. Its all about switching Cylinders when needed.

http://www.nolatency.enjin.com/profile/1704304/pics/album/album_id/166583 <---- I am not in full Warhero either to accomplish this.

I don't find cylinder switching all that useful for a Commando. Granted, mine's not yet fully developed, and I am still yet to learn this class fully.

Maybe you're aware of a crucial detail that eludes me?