get rid of the sniper screen...

RragnarR

Observe Biowares track record. On Launch Operatives destroyed everyone. You could argue that they were the counter to all classes! Bioware responded by Nerfing the hell out of them. Assassin Tanks Pre 1.3 Destroyed all classes because they were basically unkillable. You could argue that they were the new hard counter. Bioware responded by Nerfing the hell out of them. Snipers "were" an absolutely pathetic class on launch that nobody played. Bioware responded by buffing the hell out of them.

Bioware has a pretty common theme here. They are "balancing classes" NOT creating hard counters! Why create a hard counter? Is it fun to go up against your classes hard counter?? erm NO. Is it fair? erm NO. Does it cause people to rage quit and thus SWTOR loses even more subscriptions.. ermm YES.

I understand your concerns. But at game release in december, operatives stacking adrenals and relics where able to deliver 8900 crits with hidden strike alone ( there is a vid om youtube ). They did not just counter snipers, the countered everyone. Its not my intention to judge the current state of concealment ops, although i do agree that the nerf made em less popular and thus made my sniping easier because i had less to deal with somebody backstabbing me, so i could focus on range dpsing. Same goes for asassins tanks.

Same goes for asassins tanks. They now are forced to choose between dps gear and tanking gear, they can no longer have the best of both worlds, they need to sacrifice either damage or survivability.

There is a a very thin balance for invisible classes. They can attack at the mostortunistic moment when the odds are stacked in their favor. I cannot speak here about if currently it is balanced but the general consensus is that a counter class should at least give some chances to the cpuntered class to fight bck even with less odds of winning.

And i think that snipers have this chance to fght back scoundrels and shadows. But under no circumstances i will considerer melee classes having a touggher time against snipers than snipers have against invisible classes.

I remember a marauder saying how a marauder be distinguished if he knows at least the basics of his class or is a complete moron: tthe smart one uses obfuscate to his advantage.

Yes snipers have been buffed. But many changes i consider them to be rather a fix than a buff. Being unable to take cover in place when rooted was completely horrible. They changed it. Cleansing lethality dots was making that spec completely worthless. They added weaker dots when cleansed so Cull could work.

Most snipers that seem to be good now are those that have been baptized by fire playing the class since the release. We learned other classes abilities, we know how to react. At first i did not know that roots prevented leaps, now i know it and i use it to my advantage. The list can go on with many such things. I had trouble fighting PT Pyro wi my sniper, i rolled one and learned their abilities rotation and mindset, now i never loose to pt pyro 1vs1 unless I do some completely stupid mistakes.

Edited by NoTomorrow

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Observe Biowares track record. On Launch Operatives destroyed everyone. You could argue that they were the counter to all classes! Bioware responded by Nerfing the hell out of them.

Funny part is that in the 2 years of alpha/beta before release, operatives was widely complained about and testers warned the devs while devs ignored it and their response was basically "we'll wait until after release to measure how powerful they are", they weren't interested in balance issues during beta.

sigh inadequate method of testing.

Funny part is that in the 2 years of alpha/beta before release, operatives was widely complained about and testers warned the devs while devs ignored it and their response was basically "we'll wait until after release to measure how powerful they are", they weren't interested in balance issues during beta.

sigh inadequate method of testing.

They were not interested in providing a fun pvp experience for ppl of different skills either.