Ranked Warzones have made non-Ranked Warzones less fun

NathanielStarr

The GW2 combat looks frickin' awesome to me, class design looks way more intelligent than SWTOR's as well and it just seems more visceral, from the gameplay vids I've seen it could be quite a lot of fun even besides the "level playing field for PvP" mentality which is what anything competitive needs.

Animations are clunky. People glide across the ground when strafing and attacks just don't flow like they do in swtor. "level" playing field in pvp is treated in a similar way as swtor. In WvWvW a level 80 in a level 20 area is brought down to level 23 but they keep all their abilities.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Animations are clunky. People glide across the ground when strafing and attacks just don't flow like they do in swtor. "level" playing field in pvp is treated in a similar way as swtor. In WvWvW a level 80 in a level 20 area is brought down to level 23 but they keep all their abilities.

All issues explained by it being a beta with bugs. Never saw them in the videos I've seen either. And I like that "keep your skills, drop your stats" idea a hell of a lot more than level 50s ganking random 30s on PvP servers to make themselves feel powerful.

Edited by Daiyukie

All issues explained by it being a beta with bugs. Never saw them in the videos I've seen either. And I like that "keep your skills, drop your stats" idea a hell of a lot more than level 50s ganking random 30s on PvP servers to make themselves feel powerful.

The animations thing isnt just it being a beta, those are the animations. GW1 had the exact same problems with clunky animations and gliding around when moving.

in game go to your warzone menu ( the screen you queue from) then read the text, you have scroll a bit. I am pretty sure it explains about solo queues and cross server queues once season one starts. No timeline though, I would imagine it will be months for preseason, or atleast I hope it is to give people time to get the ranked gear and fun stuff.

Honestly, I am pretty sure its been on that screen since the first day that 1.3 was on the pts, but most people didn't really talk about it, or read it for that matter.

ok thanks

The animations thing isnt just it being a beta, those are the animations. GW1 had the exact same problems with clunky animations and gliding around when moving.

Clunky is what swtor is and always will be I love the bug where it looks like your are doing squats or when you force charge and there is no player there to meet you all with 50ms and 60fps or when you go to smash and you stay in the air so long you get snow on yer hair I didnt like GW2 beta either but it didnt have any issues when i played :)

It's no more than usual. Maybe you should stop solo queuing and make some friends?

You know I'm getting sick of hearing this. Make friends? Please. You know as well as I do if you're not already in a good PvP guild and part of a ranked team you're not gonna get into one unless its a PuG ranked group. PvPers are by nature a bit elitist and are not in the habit of "making friends" of new guys without optimal gear and superior skill. Ranked WZs especially. They have thier cliques and if you aren't in it good luck. Sure exceptions exist(maybe you get on a team with them in a reg WZ and you really impress them or something) but it's not as easy as "making friends" like one does when trying to knock a heroic out on hoth.

I don't mind solo pugging vs pre-mades. What I DO mind is that same premade decked out in WH gear while I play with my pug team capping out at BM gear.

WH geared players should ONLY be playing rated WZ's while wearing their WH gear.

Pug lvl play should be played in pug lvl gear. Period.

But alas, BW will never get it right. They always find a way to implement things in a way that irritates and alienates their player base. Which is a heckuva talent considering how consistent they are in doing it.....they send players back to WoW and have others moving on to other games at a blistering pace.:o

I don't mind solo pugging vs pre-mades. What I DO mind is that same premade decked out in WH gear while I play with my pug team capping out at BM gear.

WH geared players should ONLY be playing rated WZ's while wearing their WH gear.

Pug lvl play should be played in pug lvl gear. Period.

But alas, BW will never get it right. They always find a way to implement things in a way that irritates and alienates their player base. Which is a heckuva talent considering how consistent they are in doing it.....they send players back to WoW and have others moving on to other games at a blistering pace.:o

They are unbanked warzones, if I want to solo queue in war hero gear I shouldn't be impeded from doing so because you are not geared. Your lack of progression should not impede mine tyvm - I play pvp because I enjoy it, I don't queue for ranked when my team is not online but that does not mean I shouldn't be able to pug.. Flip side of the coin is a pugs are getting wins because of wh geared people.

Pugs are exactly they random pick up groups with random gear.

I really think these premade teams are fooling themselves... it's a given that there are a ton more ppl queing up solo (ie a lot more casual players or players with limited play time). Who do you think BW is going to cater to in the end........ the ppl who pay their checks or the minority? They might hold off for a bit (maybe too long to save the game), but in the end, they will have solo ranked ques and no ranked teams (or no 8 man premades) entering the non ranked wzs.

Yes, Bioware is definitely going to remove the ability to group up together w/ your friends in a MMO.

You can see how they discourage people from grouping together by implementing XP bonuses, better drops, Social Points, and even a group finder to make grouping faster.

Owait, that sounds a lot like they're trying to encourage people to group together...

They are unbanked warzones, if I want to solo queue in war hero gear I shouldn't be impeded from doing so because you are not geared. Your lack of progression should not impede mine tyvm - I play pvp because I enjoy it, I don't queue for ranked when my team is not online but that does not mean I shouldn't be able to pug.. Flip side of the coin is a pugs are getting wins because of wh geared people.

all i smell is fear and bs.......:rolleyes:

EDIT:

I have WH gear too. I don't need it for pugs. So sorry, all that "impeding" of your gaming crap doesn't fly here.;)

Edited by WickedImage

If they add solo ques to Rated Warzones then Rated Warzones will be exactly like normal Warzones except they will be worth War Hero comms and PuG's will be facing 8-man premades instead of just 4 man premades. Makes no sense to me. Edited by DimeStax

I'm also a bit tired of facing augmented war hero premades in the normal wz. I have to play on average 5-6 warzones now to get my daily done when every rep seems to solo queue while the imp teams consist of at least one 4 people premade.

The solution is simple though to allow us that solo queue some quality of life. Add an opt in button if you want to play against grouped people when solo queuing. People that like to group up can always make some more friends to do 8 man ranked wz or just make even more friends so they can do some nice group on group normal wz and let those that enjoy solo pugging do what they enjoy.

Did you read what you wrote in response to his statement? Many people are gearing up from recruit to BM in the non ranked WZ, if you have your WH gear you've progressed past the unranked WZs. You are not progressing you're only impdeding someone else's progress in gearing up. Additionally you're not helping them learn to play well, you're making things much easier for them than if they had 8 people in mixed recruit and BM gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.