Get rid of stuns in PvP

airocky

Just like the title says. Remove stuns. Sick of staring at my screen seeing my character flopping like a fish because hes been hit by 3 or more stuns in a row and all he can do is wait to die. You take out stuns and suddenly its your dps vs my dps and lets see who wins. Not saying my dps is the best ever but i would like a chance to find out if i could win instead of being squashed like a bug with no chance to fight back.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should also get rid of all offensive and defensive cd's, Mez's, snares, roots, dots, heals, knock backs, guard, taunts, dots, vanishes, gap closers, speed boosts, stealth, resources, and any other form of damage mitigation. We could also take away the light sabers give everyone guns and rename the game Modern Warfare 4.

Just like the title says. Remove stuns. Sick of staring at my screen seeing my character flopping like a fish because hes been hit by 3 or more stuns in a row and all he can do is wait to die. You take out stuns and suddenly its your dps vs my dps and lets see who wins. Not saying my dps is the best ever but i would like a chance to find out if i could win instead of being squashed like a bug with no chance to fight back.

PvE ----------> that way

Way to take a simple idea and go too far with it. If i'm in pvp i want to fight not just move out on to the warzone and then wait to respawn over and over. The other things you added are fine. No need to change them. If stuns aren't taken out at least reduce there effectiveness.

This isn't Team Deathmatch dude, EVERY SINGLE Warzone is Objective Based, Stuns/CC is a HUGE part of obtaining those Objectives.

Like on Void Star (Offense), if I see someone planting on a door with my Gunslinger, I'll go camp out near the Defense Spawn point and wait for them to jump out, I'll toss my Flashbang (if available) and then use my Knockback Move. This gives the guy on the door an extra second or so, which makes all the difference.

While it make make a few of the whiners on the forums happy. I cannot think of anything that would kill off pvp in this game faster than the total removal of stuns. (Other than the removal of ranked WZs for a couple more patches while they tweak things) Edited by HelinCarnate

eh. and make dps scoundrels completely useless. GOOOD IDEA. let's wait for bioware to do that next. us scoundrels are quite aware they want to get rid of us anyway

Couldnt agree more with you. However, most of the sandbox "PvPr's" already quit the game so you won't find many ppl left that are not the stun zergfest mentality. It will never change which is one of the reasons why Aug 28 I will be gpne as well. I don't really think SWTOR is a PvP game anyhow. It's more of a PvE game that threw in PvP as an afterthought to try and attract more ppl. Pretty epic fail imo.

I could not disagree more. You clearly don't understand the full spectrum of pvp. It sounds like you want a target dummy that just happens to move around a little bit. I for one, prefer the challenge and if you are getting chain stunned that much then you might wanna try not jumping or running into the middle of 5-6 enemies. pick your battles rambo. Edited by Huggsnotdruggs

Couldnt agree more with you. However, most of the sandbox "PvPr's" already quit the game so you won't find many ppl left that are not the stun zergfest mentality. It will never change which is one of the reasons why Aug 28 I will be gpne as well. I don't really think SWTOR is a PvP game anyhow. It's more of a PvE game that threw in PvP as an afterthought to try and attract more ppl. Pretty epic fail imo.

which is funny, because it's exactly that. this game was never advertised as a pvp game. from the beginning the developers said it would be a pve game.

you apparently seem to have a problem with that. (though I'll tell you what, GW2 pvp won't be much different. you may not have as many stuns but I'm pretty sure you'll either find something to complain about there aswell - or force yourself to like it because you're not willing to admit that for months(years?) you talked other games down - to be a victim of the hype yet again)

EVERYONE has a stun and an incapacitate. Quit complaining. If you are getting hit by 3 stuns in a row, your own team can do the same to an enemy too.

Edited by Smashbrother

which is funny, because it's exactly that. this game was never advertised as a pvp game. from the beginning the developers said it would be a pve game.

you apparently seem to have a problem with that. (though I'll tell you what, GW2 pvp won't be much different. you may not have as many stuns but I'm pretty sure you'll either find something to complain about there aswell - or force yourself to like it because you're not willing to admit that for months(years?) you talked other games down - to be a victim of the hype yet again)

You clearly haven't played GW2. I hate the PvE in that game, but the PvP is done absolutely right. No dedicated healers, very few stuns and the time to kill is relatively long, which makes for a much more strategic game than this one. Someone said this game isn't a 'deathmatch', yet when you've actually PvPed in both TOR and GW2 it's the game without the healers and stuns (GW2) that's much more strategic and it's this game with it's ridiculously short time to kill and chainstunning that feels a lot more like a pointless 'deathmatch'.

Simply, ALL stuns/mez/roots should break on damage. That would truly make using them a matter of skill and timing

and you should have a 30 sec immunity to all stuns/mez/roots after being successfully stun/mez/root to eliminate chain stunning!

Problem solved for most part

But then those that cant win a match with out chain stunning someone would be screaming bloody murder

PS: I want to live in a world with no Huttaball

LOL!!! This is the first MMO I've played that is a strictly gear-based pseudo PvP game. Up until SWTOR, I very much enjoyed UO, Asherson's Call, Darkfall, DAOC and had many years of fun playing them. Because I find SWTOR's PvP grossly lacking on so many levels does not mean I talk down the game. It simply means that I, like so many others who have already left this game, don't like one aspect of the game. Because I don't enjoy repetative cookie cutter PvE, or gear-based tightly controlled zergfest stunfest PvP, clearly this is not the game for me. I'm not the one that made this post, I simply agree with it. Perish the thought that SWTOR actually listen to the PvP community and make it a more attractive PvP game.

Edited by doglawur

I get that stuns are super annoying, they are supposed to be. You're helpless, watching your health go down, waiting for it to be over.

What I don't get, is people making a distinction between the use of stuns and skill level. I've read a ton of these threads where people insinuate that CC and stuns lead to button mashing, and to remove them would require a higher level of skill. Of course the opposite is true... I used to play a great PVP game that had no stuns, it was called Mortal Kombat. It had 5 buttons.

Knowing when to stun, when to mez, and more importantly when NOT to use your stun break, is all part of the chess game of PVP, and it belongs there, even if it makes us want to pull our hair out sometimes.

GET RID OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! Except legacy Punch. That would be GREAT in warzones.

I PvP heavily in every MMO, and PvP this game is not. And don't kid yourself, the stunzones are far from PvP. I agree with the OP, I do not find spasming 98.3% of the time in the stunzone fun. For myself personally, fighting is fun, not flopping around until I respawn. Call it QQ, whining, or whatever you like, it doesn't change the fact that back to back stuns just plain and simply is NOT fun.

Openworld PvP FTW!!!!

This is one reason that shows classes are not mirrored. The stun length time and cooldowns on them are way different between pub and imp.

My imp character can throw stuns almost without pause and the stuns last a good while. My pub characters stuns cooldown is 10 years and stun length time is 5 seconds maybe.

Great idea! Remove CC and make pvp more of a zergfest than it already is..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.