PVP stuns and resolve

Spacebum

Greetings everyone!

We recently removed several posts from this thread for not being in compliance with our Rules of Conduct.

While we do welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, we ask that your feedback is constructive. For better understanding on helpful feedback, please refer to this thread by Allison Berryman.

As a reminder, please keep the following in mind when replying:

1. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  2. Please stay on topic.
  3. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  4. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please report it instead of replying to it.
  5. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the report function to report their post.
  6. Please note that we may remove replies to posts that have been removed.

We encourage you to please be constructive and civil in your posts. If rude and insulting behavior continues, we will be closing this thread.

As a reminder, the topic of the thread is your feedback and discussion on stuns and the resolve bar in PvP.

Thank you!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U dont need proof because people have submitted tickets of the issue before and it is investigated by BW. They can see every action taken within a specific Warzone and every effect on a player in a Warzone so if this was an actual issue it would have been addressed long before now. So again its not a bug its people not understanding resolve and how it works, for god sake 99% of all people in warzones have so little situational awareness they cant even see a great neon light coming out of someones arse and start focusing on them. How are we to expect those people to see a white resolve bar and the immunity it gives them.

And we can see every action taken against ourselves and everything we do to the opposition. It's called combat logs, but I'm sure those QQing would rather insist on the forums that there's an issue rather than giving us a log excerpt where they were stunned 3 times in 10 seconds or a video of a person at white resolve getting re-stunned.

Never seen resolve not working myself. Seen some bugs, seen some lag, seen some cc immunity, but I've never seen a problem with resolve itself.

One thing that concerns me is when people talk about full and empty resolve. When I am playing in guild we always talk about "white bars". Resolve is either grey or white, if its grey no matter how full then cc will probably land. If its white then its time to root them. The cc breaker should be used when you are white barred, and yet many players break while grey and walk into a second stun during which they can waste their white bar.

Just get one of those resolve exploits that the Pubs are using - you know, the one where someone attempts to stun you when your resolve bar is empty and nothing happens, except their ability goes into cooldown. It's awesome!

Seriously, I'm seeing this more and more versus Pubs - target resolve bar is empty, you try to stun, target is not stunned, no animation, and most importantly, no filling of the target's resolve bar - all the while your cc goes into cooldown.

I thought this might be a glitch, because I only saw this rarely before 1.3 - but now, it happens in more and more warzones vs. all Pub classes, especially in the most critical moments (i.e. capping/arming).

Doesn't seem to work on Imp side though - at least so far, I haven't noticed it vs. Imps.

Sure you're not targetting juggs/guards after a jump? They are immune most times through expertise.

Never seen resolve not working myself. Seen some bugs, seen some lag, seen some cc immunity, but I've never seen a problem with resolve itself.

One thing that concerns me is when people talk about full and empty resolve. When I am playing in guild we always talk about "white bars". Resolve is either grey or white, if its grey no matter how full then cc will probably land. If its white then its time to root them. The cc breaker should be used when you are white barred, and yet many players break while grey and walk into a second stun during which they can waste their white bar.

THIS ^

I could make an educated guess that most people that complain in one way or another about Resolve in this game have no idea how to actually make use of it. If you are unsure about how to use it, read what the quote above says or search on youtube, there are quite a few videos that explain how to properly use it.

There are only three kinds of people who say "Resolve is broken!"

1. Those who don't understand Resolve.

2. Those who may or may not have seen a bug and decided to report it on the forums where it won't be seen instead of in game via a ticket where (if it is a bug) will actually be able to be verified by BW.

3. Those who are lying simply because they don't like the system.

I try to help groups 1 and 2 when possible.

You're wrong. I'm none of those - I'm the 4th type.

I understand resolve, I know when I should and when I shouldn't toss out my stun and I know when I can safely use my snare break...but... I think the current way resolve works is a **edit**ing mess!!! There are simply far too many CC's imo, and far too many that do far too little to build your resolve.

I think resolve needs to build much faster from every CC in the game. I think immunity needs to last longer, or our snare break needs to be on a 30-60 second cooldown at most.

I understand resolve, I know when I should and when I shouldn't toss out my stun and I know when I can safely use my snare break...but... I think the current way resolve works is a **edit**ing mess!!! There are simply far too many CC's imo, and far too many that do far too little to build your resolve.

I think resolve needs to build much faster from every CC in the game. I think immunity needs to last longer, or our snare break needs to be on a 30-60 second cooldown at most.

You aren't on that list because you aren't saying "Resolve is Broken", you are saying "Resolve is not broken, but I don't like the way Resolve and CC works in this game". That's a completely different avenue of discussion.

The fact you just said "snare break" kind of invalidates what came before it =p

You aren't on that list because you aren't saying "Resolve is Broken", you are saying "Resolve is not broken, but I don't like the way Resolve and CC works in this game". That's a completely different avenue of discussion.

OK, thank you for clarifying. I'm more of a "resolve needs to be tweaked" guy.

How is that? Did you not understand what I meant by saying "snare break"? Or are you implying my opinion or statement is invalid because I didn't use the correct term for it? I can edit it to read CC break if that makes you happier?!

How is that? Did you not understand what I meant by saying "snare break"? Or are you implying my opinion or statement is invalid because I didn't use the correct term for it? I can edit it to read CC break if that makes you happier?!

Because it is a snare break, but snares/roots/immobilizes aren't stopped by the Resolve System. The Resolve White Bar only stops the hard CC, incapacitates. Anything that just stops/slows you from moving isn't affected by the White Bar immunity. His statement meant that you said you understood the system, and that by calling your CC breaker a "snare break" implied otherwise.

Because it is a snare break, but snares/roots/immobilizes aren't stopped by the Resolve System. The Resolve White Bar only stops the hard CC, incapacitates. Anything that just stops/slows you from moving isn't affected by the White Bar immunity. His statement meant that you said you understood the system, and that by calling your CC breaker a "snare break" implied otherwise.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Edited by Daiyukie

• 2 weeks later...
The resolve system is a good system 9when it works) but the resolve counts down way to fast. being stunlocked in any PvP game blows. they need to fix this stuff or risk lossing more players.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.