Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Speed. Not the Keanu Reeves one

CharterMonkKent

Here is a list (without the mirrors, apologies) of sustained speed increases and the temporary speed boosts. This is for pvp so no PvE increases (sprint/legacy) are in there. I'm posting this because I still notice people talking about hacks/cheats in threads. Yes a mara or someone grouped with him/her can nearly keep up with your speeder..

Please address any mistakes or needed additions.

Bounty Hunter:

Merc – No sustained speed increase or temp speed boost

PT – Advanced Proto – Pneumatic Boots - 15% sustained speed increase

PT – Advanced Proto – Hydraulic Overrides – 30% speed boost for 8 seconds

PT – Shield Tech – Jet Speed – 30% speed boost for 4 seconds after using Jet Charge

Warrior:

Mara – Carnage (Ataru Form) – 15% sustained speed increase

Mara – Preditation 50% speed boost for 8 seconds, for your team – can be spec’d to 80% speed boost with Unbound

Warrior – Rage – Interceptor – 40% speed boost for 5 seconds after using Obliterate

Inquisitor:

Assassin – Deception – Obfuscation – 15% sustained speed increase

Inquisitor – Force Speed – 150% speed boost for 2 seconds

Agent:

Agent – Lethality - Slip Away – 30% speed boost for 4 seconds after using Debilitate

Operative – Medicine – Evasive Imperative – 20% speed boost when using Evasion

Operative – Concealment – Infiltrator – 15% sustained speed increase

Operative – Concealment – Advanced Cloaking – 50% speed boost for 6 seconds when activating cloak screen

Which is the one that lets one Powertech riding an Aratech Lancer consistently (ie: watched multiple times, after several dismounts, etc) travel 50% faster than a Powertech also riding an Aratech Lancer beside him?

Which is the one that lets a player pick up the Huttball and move 20m (only across the Acid Pit) to score? Twice?

I'm posting this because I noticed people still think that others don't know the difference between legitimate gaming mechanics and something that is obviously not supposed to be happening.

/shrug

Edited by Varicite

Which is the one that lets one Powertech riding an Aratech Lancer consistently (ie: watched multiple times, after several dismounts, etc) travel 50% faster than a Powertech also riding an Aratech Lancer beside him?

Which is the one that lets a player pick up the Huttball and move 20m (only across the Acid Pit) to score? Twice?

I'll wait. : )

I'm being constructive but since you don't have proof you'll have to take my responses as true :p

Preditation works for the group, regardless if you are on a speeder not, (as do slows). This is great for operations when you have to travel a ways

Lag makes people jump all over. I don't hack and yesterday I was sliding all over huttball. Including a sliding score while I was knocked on my back when I was running over the fire pit.

Edited by CharterMonkKent

I'm posting this because I noticed people still think that others don't know the difference between legitimate gaming mechanics and something that is obviously not supposed to be happening.

/shrug

Because latency issuses + speed makes people jump all over the place and the game likes to bug/glitch out at times, it's not just mechanics. Not everyone cheats, and the people that usually cry hacks are just looking for excuses. I'm not saying that you are one of those people or that hacks don't exist, but majority of the time the person crying about them are wrong.

I'm being constructive but since you don't have proof you'll have to take my responses as true :p

Preditation works for the group, regardless if you are on a speeder not, (as do slows). This is great for operations when you have to travel a ways

Lag makes people jump all over. I don't hack and yesterday I was sliding all over huttball. Including a sliding score while I was knocked on my back when I was running over the fire pit.

Well, the speeder incident occurred multiple times on Ilum prior to 1.2, and was the first time I finally had to come to grips that yeah... some people are using speed hacks.

Two of us running around looking for people to kill on our speeders, no one else around, and yet this guy constantly goes faster than me. Not twice as fast, but noticeably faster.

Riding around picking up crates, there's that same guy. Lo and behold, he can also gather crates faster than me, even though we are the same class and have the same speeder. Still no one else around (I play late late nights, early mornings a lot).

I know what Huttball lag looks like. I'm not inclined to say "Man, the guy I pulled just 'glitched' his way to the goal line". I don't call people out for being cheaters. But if I watch someone pick up the ball, walk across the acid and "Frogdogs score!" twice in a row to come from behind, then I know something is going on.

I'm just saying, while posts like this are helpful, that doesn't mean that speed hacks don't exist in this game. A lot of players have even been so asinine as to try to say that NO hacks or cheats exist in the game, and that it's all players' ignorance or imaginations. That is not the case.

If that's not the purpose of your thread, then I apologize for the derail.

Edited by Varicite

Well, the speeder incident occurred multiple times on Ilum prior to 1.2, and was the first time I finally had to come to grips that yeah... some people are using speed hacks.

Two of us running around looking for people to kill on our speeders, no one else around, and yet this guy constantly goes faster than me. Not twice as fast, but noticeably faster.

Riding around picking up crates, there's that same guy. Lo and behold, he can also gather crates faster than me, even though we are the same class and have the same speeder. Still no one else around (I play late late nights, early mornings a lot).

I know what Huttball lag looks like. I'm not inclined to say "Man, the guy I pulled just 'glitched' his way to the goal line". I don't call people out for being cheaters. But if I watch someone pick up the ball, walk across the acid and "Frogdogs score!" twice in a row to come from behind, then I know something is going on.

I'm just saying, while posts like this are helpful, that doesn't mean that speed hacks don't exist in this game. A lot of players have even been so asinine as to try to say that NO hacks or cheats exist in the game, and that it's all players' ignorance or imaginations. That is not the case.

fair enough but it turned a somewhat helpful post into a gripe :(

Then report the bloody bastard so Bioware can smash him with the bloody banhammer

I wish I had caught the name, I've been kicking myself ever since, lol. But it was a long time ago now, and at this point he's probably either quit or jumped servers. Hindsight is 20/20, etc.

In any case, I haven't seen any issues personally since around 1.2; I was simply stating that hacks do exist and it's silly to think that they don't.

With that said, it is helpful to know what IS working as intended so that you know what isn't working as intended when you come across it.

Edited by Varicite

but something is sometimes really wrong and it can't be issued down to lag.

I fought an operative yesterday and i am a sage healer.

He attacked me with superspeed, i rooted him, rushed away and somehow he is still behind me hitting me like a punchbag.

I stunned him first time (he got not a resolve bar yet), rushed away and somehow he is still behind me hitting me like a punchbag.

I force lifted him (now he had full resolve bar, hit force speed and you know what... he is still behind me hitting me for 9k and killed me finally.

and that was over the half map of the civil war...

and now tell me that all is fine?

P.S: no lag and it can't be my connection.. i got 120MB cable connection, 7ms reponse.

Edited by Slaxinexx

but something is sometimes really wrong and it can't be issued down to lag.

I fought an operative yesterday and i am a sage healer.

He attacked me with superspeed, i rooted him, rushed away and somehow he is still behind me hitting me like a punchbag.

I stunned him first time (he got not a resolve bar yet), rushed away and somehow he is still behind me hitting me like a punchbag.

I force lifted him (now he had full resolve bar, hit force speed and you know what... he is still behind me hitting me for 9k and killed me finally.

and that was over the half map of the civil war...

and now tell me that all is fine?

P.S: no lag and it can't be my connection.. i got 120MB cable connection, 7ms reponse.

You know how I know you panicked and really had no idea what was going on during the fight? An operative will never ever hit you for 9k. Operatives naturally move 15% faster with a talent. He countered your CC quickly, because a good operative has already planned ahead what you are going to do next, he cleansed your root and probably also slowed you at some point. He CC broke your stun and had too much resolve for lift to stick because you used a knockback in order to root him.

This one is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lo3vDfOfhM

Oh and a better one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJ8lB2AoHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy9hnz3Vrws

And Force Speed is Inquisitor-only now? Oh wait, that's the basic class!

I never mentioned force speed..I said the assassin speed increase,the one the OP listed under assassin,that increases stealth sprint speed..

I never mentioned force speed..I said the assassin speed increase,the one the OP listed under assassin,that increases stealth sprint speed..

The other Assassin speed increase is flat 15% speed increase. At all times. So you're still wrong.

Edited by Daiyukie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.