Where are the purple lightsaber crystals?

Necrosia

That information is horribly outdated...it's from like 3-4 beta builds ago, before the itemization revamp, and when the NS bonus series was still level 25.

I wish the TorHead guys would just purge the beta info and start over. It would seriously cut down on the confusion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to guess they made it a rare drop at end-game, so that you don't see 90% of the population running around with them.

I think Bioware should let artificers have more color options as they skill up their craft, and let the players decide what color they prefer. Just my opinion.

I think Bioware should let artificers have more color options as they skill up their craft, and let the players decide what color they prefer. Just my opinion.

Every designer knows you can not give your players choice, you must force them to use what you want them to use, and do what you want them to do, because its your game not theirs. Choice must always be an illusion.

We who play the game should remain thankful that they allow us to play and should never forget this is not our story its theirs.

Artificer can't create most of the lightsaber crystal colors. I don't like it, but it is what it is. There was a lightsaber crystal thread floating around yesterday that was a wealth of information. From what I could see, a lot of the rarer colors only came from NPC vendors and game drops in the high levels.

Interesting. I crawl these forums a lot for this information, but haven't seen anything really useful. Do you think you could find the thread using this?

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.swtor.com+purple+crystal

It's a google feature that lets us search the forums. ;)

How about orange crystal schematics? I see there are 2 at 400 artifice, but how do you learn the lower-level ones? They don't appear to be trainable (and I haven't seen any artifice schematics for sale on the GTN). Do you need to just buy sabers, remove the crystals, and try to RE and hope for a schematic?

How about orange crystal schematics? I see there are 2 at 400 artifice, but how do you learn the lower-level ones? They don't appear to be trainable (and I haven't seen any artifice schematics for sale on the GTN). Do you need to just buy sabers, remove the crystals, and try to RE and hope for a schematic?

Yes, that's the only way at the moment for orange crystals at a low level. :)

I'm going to guess they made it a rare drop at end-game, so that you don't see 90% of the population running around with them.

Not everyone is a purple fan, but making it rare increases the desire for purple even more. :p

I think if every colour could be easily obtained there would be a pretty even split on their use. Judging from lightsaber colour polls i've seen in the past.

Anyways... I wants my purple nao. My Jedi will never be complete without it.

Where can I buy these sabers? Are they for commendations? Or PVP? Or...?

You can get orange crystals from moddable weapons on commendation vendors, I saw lots of orange on Coruscant equipment commendations and there is likely lots more elsewhere.

Edited by Jimbe

There are a ton of orange(item level) sabres on the exchange for dark 1 and above or just normal use lightsabers that have the orange crystal, just make sure it has an orange crystal and not red, buy it and yank out the crystal. I found a bunch the other night for 500 credits a piece, and you can re-sell the saber for 250 credits to any vendor after pulling the crystal and other mods. Haven't seen any purples yet though so I'm assuming these are only high level drops hence why none have appeared on the exchange yet.

I am level 42 and 320 Artifice. I am really a bit miffed that with all the time I and money I have put into the skill I had very little to show for it along the way.

Just about everything I can craft is available via vendor and pulling things out of Orange Gear. My guess is that the schematic is dropped in heroic Ops.

Take a look at the GTN schematic section under artifice. You won't see a single thing, while other skills have TONS of cool and interesting things you can learn.

Whats even more upsetting is that I am on my way to Gladiator PVP gear, which DOES have different colors. However, since they are not slotted I couldnt even take my chance at REing them for a chance at the pattern.

Not very nice Bioware, people running around with Black Yellow sabers, but the core colors are no where to be seen. Huh!!? o.O??

Edited by Rephlexie

There are a ton of orange(item level) sabres on the exchange for dark 1 and above or just normal use lightsabers that have the orange crystal, just make sure it has an orange crystal and not red, buy it and yank out the crystal. I found a bunch the other night for 500 credits a piece, and you can re-sell the saber for 250 credits to any vendor after pulling the crystal and other mods. Haven't seen any purples yet though so I'm assuming these are only high level drops hence why none have appeared on the exchange yet.

Where did you find them for 500cr a piece? :D

I checked all the PvP vendors I could find on the fleet, and didn't see a single item with a purple crystal in it.

Maybe some of those items have purple blades/bolts, but no crystal that you could remove and put into something else. Unless there's a vendor I don't know about.

I have yet to check the Republic Fleet, but there were a good deal of them on the Imperial Fleet side available - with purple crystals, OR with black-red crystals.

Where exactly on the Imperial side? :)

I don't know "Exactly" where, but turn on the vendor display on your map. Check out the group of vendors with Rakata/Tionese gear. They're in there.

Imperials have access via these to lightsabers with either purple or black-red crystals. The Republic troops can get lightsabers with black-blue or LTBLUE crystlas (that's their identification currently) - I'm presuming it to be Cyan-ish, but I can't be certain.

Every designer knows you can not give your players choice, you must force them to use what you want them to use, and do what you want them to do, because its your game not theirs. Choice must always be an illusion.

We who play the game should remain thankful that they allow us to play and should never forget this is not our story its theirs.

There are a multitude of reasons why i love this post. We won't go into that. He or she who posted it knows, however.

Fom what I can tell, they've taken out all the low level/quest reward purple light saber crystals they had in beta. I have yet to find anything on obtaining one (Jedi side) at all. I've seen higher level sith with them in war zones, but that just makes me upset on more than a few levels...

When did Mace Windu go to the dark side? Is this a ploy to get female players to go to the dark side? Why is it so hard to find information about obtaining this color other than the sith have it on their pvp vendor?? (which brings me back to "WHEN DID MACE WINDU GO DARK??)

Doesn't make sense/very frustrating/and only a few weeks in AND after buying the collectors edition... I might just let my subscription expire.

Beta got me excited and made me want to play... I even MADE my hubby get me the collectors edition for christmas because I was so excited about getting a purple saber... now I'm just fuming. One of the few goals I had in game doesn't seem to be achievable.

For now, I'll play my one month free game time, and I'll keep researching, but if the Jedi really don't have purple (seeing as jedi have blue and sith have red, it would stand to reason purple would be neutral, or at least available to jedi since Mace Windu was a jedi) I dont think i'll be playing much longer...

Way to stick to your own storyline starwars/bioware... so lame...

Fom what I can tell, they've taken out all the low level/quest reward purple light saber crystals they had in beta. I have yet to find anything on obtaining one (Jedi side) at all. I've seen higher level sith with them in war zones, but that just makes me upset on more than a few levels...

When did Mace Windu go to the dark side? Is this a ploy to get female players to go to the dark side? Why is it so hard to find information about obtaining this color other than the sith have it on their pvp vendor?? (which brings me back to "WHEN DID MACE WINDU GO DARK??)

Doesn't make sense/very frustrating/and only a few weeks in AND after buying the collectors edition... I might just let my subscription expire.

Beta got me excited and made me want to play... I even MADE my hubby get me the collectors edition for christmas because I was so excited about getting a purple saber... now I'm just fuming. One of the few goals I had in game doesn't seem to be achievable.

For now, I'll play my one month free game time, and I'll keep researching, but if the Jedi really don't have purple (seeing as jedi have blue and sith have red, it would stand to reason purple would be neutral, or at least available to jedi since Mace Windu was a jedi) I dont think i'll be playing much longer...

tl;dr: There are no purple lightsabre crystals on the Republic side because I haven't seen any. I think I'll quit the game.

Edited by Captain_Kirk

Time to resurrect this topic, since I've been wondering something. Given that I got my hands on a Magenta Crystal the other day and now have a (Pink) lightsaber, I'm left to wonder if this is Bioware's substitute to the Republic side for a Purple Crystal. It seems that Purple and Cyan are faction exclusive, with Purple being Sith and Cyan being Republic. However there's speculation/conjecture/rumor that supposedly that the Republic can obtain Purple as a rare drop from the Eternity Vault and the same for the Empire obtaining Cyan from the Vault. I have to wonder why they've all but removed Purple from the Jedi and made it a symbol of the Dark Side?

Now granted, if this Eternity Vault Rumor/Speculation/Conjecture turns out to be fact I'll be satisfied with it being something to work for, but if not that means the Republic has no way of EVER obtaining a Purple Crystal, which to a lot of fans would be a slap in the face. It won't make me play the game, but it certainly will be enough motivation to make me main my Sith Alt, which is something we don't need, more Sith given the already unbalanced faction ratio. If anyone has heard anything, please do let me know. I'm still looking myself but so far it looks like Jedi will never have Purple.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny thing is, Mace Windu only had a purple saber in the movies because thats what Samuel Jackson wanted. Not because it's a jedi color, plus this takes place before the movies.

anyway, There are purple sabers in the game, most of which you cannot pull out of the sabers because they are in PvP sabers and those don't have slots.