Vendors: The Worse Gold Farmers of all

toastiO

Confusing title but it's just to get your attention over this serious issue. The idea behind the tittle is that gold farmers steal your account and your money but nothing like a vendor does! explanation below.

So basically I have had a few instances were vendors take my money one such case I went over to the mount vendor to take a look at what I could buy after looking at some of them I wanted to see what they looked like so I ctlr clicked them and was spamming and trying to see if I could see a preview. After realizing this wasn't possible I left the vendor and was going about my normal business. Shortly after I looked into my bags and saw a whole bunch of mounts that I can't even use and almost ZERO MONEY in my bank account. While I was trying to preview the mount I had bought a whole bunch of them!!!! In shame I went back to the vendor to try and get 100% refund only to realize he's a shady used car salesmen who only gave me 1/10th the price for something I haven't even used yet.

1. get cash and items

2. spend hours on auction house

3. ?

4. visit dodgy vendor

5. profit??

PLEASE PUT IN CONFIRM BUY OPTIONS FOR EXPENSIVE ITEMS AND BADGE ITEMS!

Edited by toastiO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confusing title but it's just to get your attention over this serious issue. The idea behind the tittle is that gold farmers steal your account and your money but nothing like a vendor does! explanation below.

So basically I have had a few instances were vendors take my money one such instances I went over to the mount vendor to take a look at what I could buy after looking at some of them I wanted to see what they looked like so I ctlr clicked them and was spamming and trying to see if I could see a preview. After realizing this wasn't possible I left the vendor and was going about my normal business. Shortly after I looked into my bags and saw a whole bunch of mounts that I can't even use and almost ZERO MONEY. While I was trying to preview the mount I had bought a whole bunch of them!!!! In shame I went back to the vendor to try and get 100% refund only to realize he's a shady used car salesmen who only gave me 1/10th the price for something I haven't even used yet.

1. get cash and items

3. ?

4. visit dodgy vendor

5. profit??

lol I have bought things by mistake trying to view them .. It just makes me laugh that you did it enough to fill your whole inventory with speeders.

I guess you can probably sell them on the AH to get some of your money back. Not sure if that's possible though.

The real burner is buying things with commendations and not being able to get comms back when you sell the item back to the vendor.

I had a issue with the same thing and have a ticket to fix it (althought that ticket hasnt been fixed since release.) I had intended to look at a item and ctrl clicked and it bought the item. Unforchantly for me it was 25,000 credits. Never before in any other mmo has this happened to a point where I felt i should put a ticket in. The purchase system needs a few simple fixes.

1. badge items and other high value items should confirm, incase of lag double click or misclicking due to being used to other games.

2. fair resell value on items you bought but couldnt use, like a chest. give full value if it wasnt worn because that will save you so many tickets in the future

I'd like to know what game you're playing.

The Old Republic does not have: Gold, Mounts, or Auction Houses.

Did you get lost?

Um troll people much? All he made was a simple suggestion and cause of the words he used (which we all know you understood what he meant) you have to make a smart comment? This is a MMO people are going to use these words to describe their SWTOR counter part.

So basically I have had a few instances were vendors take my money one such instances I went over to the mount vendor to take a look at what I could buy after looking at some of them I wanted to see what they looked like so I ctlr clicked them and was spamming and trying to see if I could see a preview. After realizing this wasn't possible I left the vendor and was going about my normal business. Shortly after I looked into my bags and saw a whole bunch of mounts that I can't even use and almost ZERO MONEY. While I was trying to preview the mount I had bought a whole bunch of them!!!! In shame I went back to the vendor to try and get 100% refund only to realize he's a shady used car salesmen who only gave me 1/10th the price for something I haven't even used yet.

1. get cash and items

3. ?

4. visit dodgy vendor

5. profit??

CREDITS

GALACTIC TRADE NETWORK

SPEEDERS

Also, next time be careful of what you click on. Especially when you admit to spamming it.

1. get cash and items

3. ?

4. visit dodgy vendor

5. profit??

I highlighted he problems with this post for you. Your blatant disregard for punctuation and proper grammar aside, I feel I must point out to you the following: Your money supply is visible when browsing a vendor's inventory. Thus, at most you should have only mis-purchased one speeder, not several. Spamming was complete user error. Also, your meme reference made no sense, and your inclusion of "badge items" in your bolded rant was completely irrelevant. Also, please define expensive. If you could afford to buy several speeders and still have money left over, clearly they weren't particularly expensive to you.

tl;dr: pay attention next time.

I agree. He bought them. No bug.

No reason at all why there can't be a option to confirm the purchase of higher priced items. He never said it was a bug either. I have never done this nor will I ever most likely, but I feel it should still be there regardless.

I highlighted he problems with this post for you. Your blatant disregard for punctuation and proper grammar aside, I feel I must point out to you the following: Your money supply is visible when browsing a vendor's inventory. Thus, at most you should have only mis-purchased one speeder, not several. Spamming was complete user error. Also, your meme reference made no sense, and your inclusion of "badge items" in your bolded rant was completely irrelevant. Also, please define expensive. If you could afford to buy several speeders and still have money left over, clearly they weren't particularly expensive to you.

Are you on the internet to be a English teacher for people? This is a forum for a game I'm pretty sure grammar doesn't matter. For real though what's with people on the forums just spewing hatred or being spelling nazis. All everyone can see is that he spelled things wrong or that he use other words.

It doesn't matter how he said it, it's all clear unless you can't comprehend things. He wants a confirm purchase button on expensive things. No reason to bash him about anything here.

Some people need to get laid nuff said.

I was trying to make my post fun an educational, its not a English test were the outcome of failing is to spend an eternity trolling mmo forum sites to increase my self worth.

I actually happen to be an English literature and language arts teacher for a living, and I find this kind of uptight and pretentious language policing to be very condescending. This is a casual environment, he's not writing a formal essay or a report in which standard English is required. The tone and mode of language in such an environment should be more casual and conversational, so as to promote fun. It's not fun to always adhere to rules.

Your kind of prescriptivist thinking is an outdated and misguided way of thinking about language, as well as narrow minded. This kind of thinking is also discriminatory against those who learned English as a second language (I know how difficult it is to learn a second language and I give credit to anyone who achieves even limited fluency in a language that is not native to them), as well as against those who were raised with non-standard cultural dialects and those who simply have varying ranges of language mastery (which does not indicate their level of intelligence, because they might be quite brilliant in other areas), and it is simply an overly judgmental and holier-than-thou attitude.

People like you are buzz kills; the type of person who walks into a room at a party where everyone is happy and laughing and having a good time and starts a conversation about politics or religion, unpleasant current events, or other such negative-energy-generating topics.

Edited by AeonWeapon

I actually happen to be an English literature and language arts teacher for a living, and I find this kind of uptight and pretentious language policing to be very condescending. This is a casual environment, he's not writing a formal essay or a report in which standard English is required. The tone and mode of language in such an environment should be more casual and conversational, so as to promote fun. It's not fun to always adhere to rules.

People like you are buzz kills; the type of person who walks into a room at a party where everyone is happy and laughing and having a good time and starts a conversation about politics or religion, unpleasant current events, or other such negative-energy-generating topics.

Thank you sir thank you so much.

TBH I wasn't at all offended by your comment correcting my spelling and grammar. I just wanted to get the issue of vendors solved because I have lost allot of cash and badges to them. I thought your comment was well thought out and correct in pointing out the flaws in my post at least its better than some people who just go L2SPELL or whatever in order to get there point across. I appreciate your input thanks for letting me know the flaws in my post.

Edited by toastiO

TBH I wasn't at all offended by your comment correcting my spelling and grammar. I just wanted to get the issue of vendors solved because I have lost allot of cash and badges to them. I thought your comment was well thought out and correct in pointing out the flaws in my post at least its better than some people who just go L2SPELL or whatever in order to get there point across. I appreciate your input thanks for letting me know the flaws in my post.

Not the same person.