DPS Operative... lol?

TiTaNsFaN

Could someone explain to me what the point of a DPS Operative is when...

Marauders have higher brust, higher sustained, easier resource management, useful defensive and offensive cooldowns, VANISH, gap closer, 2 interrupts... etc.

Someone please get on these forums now, and explain to me WHY DPS operatives should even exist in this game. Now. Do it.

Marauders have higher brust, higher sustained, easier resource management, useful defensive and offensive cooldowns, VANISH, gap closer, 2 interrupts... etc.

Someone please get on these forums now, and explain to me WHY DPS operatives should even exist in this game. Now. Do it.

What a cute way to hide a nerf marauder thread... the forum really can't have enough of these. :rolleyes:

Ops/Scound dps gets to stunlock, dish out significant instant damage, better AoE mez due to 10m ranged (pbAoE mez of melees get broken more easily since teammates usually throw AoE's around a marauder to try to support them), can throw off-heals, can combat-cloak (though less frequently, it takes the ops/scound and opponents out of combat which permits far more tactical application), can remove MANY DoT's/snares/roots (typically the worst ones), has THE BEST AOE in the game, can sap while stealthed, can take out ANY enemy class without ever letting them have a chance to fight back when paired up with another stealthy that can stunlock (another ops/scound dps or sin/shadow for example), etc...

... seriously, c'mon. If marauders/sents were so OP, why are most of them getting rolled in rateds? The only rated warzone marauders are doing well in is Hutt-ball, yet they're still losing to good teams without marauders/sents.

team of operatives >>>> team of marauders. your class shines in team play, marauders are decent in team play but with the recent nerfs to stacking buff abilities they're losing a chunk of their utility. a well played pair of operatives should tear an equally well played pair of marauders apart, assuming equal gear, and you have the best area denial ability in the game for denying caps.

When everyone is saying it except you, you are probably wrong :)

Not everyone, just those who got no clue what they are talking about, which is around 90% of the forum posts here about marauders.

Anyway, i agree about the operatives, beside healing i can't see any use for them in RWZ. Maybe stealth guarding in voidstar or stealthing thier way to the enemy goal line or harassing enemy healer. True, there are some very skilled ops /scoundrels around, but not enough that's for sure, atleast not on my server.

Yes i do believe they need some kind of utility buff, perhaps something at the bottom of the tree skill which makes shield probe more effective for example.

Edited by -Hubris-

Ops/Scound dps gets to stunlock, dish out significant instant damage, better AoE mez due to 10m ranged (pbAoE mez of melees get broken more easily since teammates usually throw AoE's around a marauder to try to support them), can throw off-heals, can combat-cloak (though less frequently, it takes the ops/scound and opponents out of combat which permits far more tactical application), can remove MANY DoT's/snares/roots (typically the worst ones), has THE BEST AOE in the game, can sap while stealthed, can take out ANY enemy class without ever letting them have a chance to fight back when paired up with another stealthy that can stunlock (another ops/scound dps or sin/shadow for example), etc...

... seriously, c'mon. If marauders/sents were so OP, why are most of them getting rolled in rateds? The only rated warzone marauders are doing well in is Hutt-ball, yet they're still losing to good teams without marauders/sents.

What universe do u live in where Marauders/Sentinals are getting "rolled" in rateds? Well-geared marauder > any other DPS class.

The drastic decreasse of TTK favors Ops since they have very low survivality to begin with, so it's pretty much impossible to die any faster even now, while the classes that normally can outlast you no longer can do so. They're by no means overpowered, but they're certainly more viable than before. As a Tankasin a good DPS Op can now reliably trade deaths with me instead of just flat out dying, even though I can kill one in about 5 seconds, because they'll always get me down to 20% somehow and then die and then anyone else just pops Execute and I die too.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the fabled 31/31/31 specs that happens to be able to be in all 3 stances at the same time, deal 5k AoE damage smashes in a radius of the entire map, always has 100% armor penetration, force camo that lasts indefinitely/breaks all movement imparing effects including stuns/gives movment speed boost greater than a lv. 50 speeder all without a cooldown and heals them to full HP each time, always has +45% damage reduction/50% evasion from cooldowns and causes 5k damage to anyone that happens to be facing the direction of the marauder, can accuracy debuff every enemy in the warzone indefinitely by 90% from unlimited range, has 2 gap closers without range limitations that always build rage/ignore targets in cover/cause roots until target is dead without cooldowns, self-heals 20% max HP each tick from a DoT regardless of crits (and also causes 99999 damage each tick), every attack causes a 10s root, can interrupt every enemy without a cooldown, has 2 "hard stuns" that don't fill resolve (one of them being AoE with unlimited range), and uses a bubble that causes immunity to everything for its duration that also automatically heals them to full every 45s.

Maybe if you stated all this about marauders, your gripe would have more validity.

What universe do u live in where Marauders/Sentinals are getting "rolled" in rateds? Well-geared marauder > any other DPS class.

I can think of 3 classes that can kill marauders. Snipers, Sins and Powertechs. Snipers and Sins because they can control the marauder and powertech because they can burst them to the ground.

If 3 classes can kill a marauder... are marauders really that OP? No.

... except for the snipers/slingers/sorc/sage/pt/vg/ops/scound/sin/shadow's that have half a brain despite being less geared and still thoroughly trouncing maras/sents due to the fact that they actually learned how to counter them.

I can think of 3 classes that can kill marauders. Snipers, Sins and Powertechs. Snipers and Sins because they can control the marauder and powertech because they can burst them to the ground.

If 3 classes can kill a marauder... are marauders really that OP? No.

Don't forget madness sorc/balance sage and any decent Jugg/Guardian. Mara/Sents are a joke. Ops/Scounds roll them like no other so long as they have that little bit of additional damage being thrown in by an ally (or if they happen to run with another stealthy stunlocker, the mara/sent will just remain on the ground until dead without ever being able to throw in an attack or pop a defensive).

The thing is, sure, there maybe a few good ops/scounds around, but that is because they are good players and would do well on any class. That doesn't make the class perfect.

Nor does it make any class perfect by the same right. Seriously, I can face tank any bad mara/sent on my madness sorc and win.

"Everyone" was saying that black people could not vote, attend the same school as white people, marry white people, at the time of de-segregation.

They were wrong.

What "everyone" says has absolutely NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the truth. NOTHING.

Edited by Zaodon

Since last night I have absolutely destroyed every class I come across with the exception of Mercs that spec heal. (Those buggers are mean).

I believe Ops will actually have to be nerfed again in the near future.

The 2 biggest problems I see when fighting people on my lowbie marauder. 1) is they see deflection's animation and assume that I poppped undying rage because they can't tell the difference. 2) they sit in ravage and give up. It's really amazing how many people just straight give up when I attack them solo with my marauder... it's like people see me, know what I am and immediately admit defeat. I don't even have root on my ravage yet or undying rage... this has to have been something learned at higher level.. so these rerolls are just terrible players.

If there are 3 or more people then I get swarmed and have to respawn.. but solo most people just straight sit there until they die.

The 2 biggest problems I see when fighting people on my lowbie marauder. 1) is they see deflection's animation and assume that I poppped undying rage because they can't tell the difference. 2) they sit in ravage and give up. It's really amazing how many people just straight give up when I attack them solo with my marauder... it's like people see me, know what I am and immediately admit defeat. I don't even have root on my ravage yet or undying rage... this has to have been something learned at higher level.. so these rerolls are just terrible players.

If there are 3 or more people then I get swarmed and have to respawn.. but solo most people just straight sit there until they die.

These are the ones that think it'd be wiser to come to forums to complain about marauders rather than press one key that would counter that situation... y'know... coz it's more time efficient and all...

Nor does it make any class perfect by the same right. Seriously, I can face tank any bad mara/sent on my madness sorc and win.

I wasn't talking about bad players. In equal skill/gear, there are many classes that pull ahead of the operative. Sure, the operative is a pretty good 1v1 class, but not unstoppable. In a group setting, which this entire game revolves around, the operative is weaker than almost every other dps choice given equal skill/gear.

I wasn't talking about bad players. In equal skill/gear, there are many classes that pull ahead of the operative. Sure, the operative is a pretty good 1v1 class, but not unstoppable. In a group setting, which this entire game revolves around, the operative is weaker than almost every other dps choice given equal skill/gear.

Operative is a class for surgeons, not butchers. If someone is losing consistently to other classes, they may want to look at how the "want" to play the class versus how they "need" to play the class.

Perspective alone can take one a long way on the road toward success.

Operative is a class for surgeons, not butchers. If someone is losing consistently to other classes, they may want to look at how the "want" to play the class versus how they "need" to play the class.

Perspective alone can take one a long way on the road toward success.

haha spoken like a true marauder player. Sure, we should have to spec heals because Bioware is horrible at balancing this game.