Your experience with the group finder?

Iggster

they need to just bite the bullet and make it cross-server. the que times for DPS are ridiculous. No one signs on to actually see a flashpoint that we can never get a group together for just to sit in a que that has no estimated time for completion. Stop being douches bioware and just ante up

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two bug/annoyance with the LFG tool:

- When the group is found and you have 2min to accept/decline the group ; There is a chance you will get kicked out of the queue before the 2min expire

-It auto-check healer every 15 sec or so. So make sure you have the right role checked before queuing

I want to amend my experience to say the system absolutely NEEDS gear check, after getting wiped with 3 noob groups in a row. An underleveled, undergeared healer does not make for a fun game experience.

Now, all PUGs are going to be tough to work with, but the system now seems to allow barely leveled, barely geared players in, and just one of those in the role of healer, especially, is the end of any hope of beating the dungeon boss.

And honestly, they need to bribe tanks/healers - the rewards for the dungeons are already really poor compared to the time you have to invest in killing the over-HP'd mobs, the daily bribe for everyone is a nice touch, but if they aren't going to dual spec they need to bribe more healers and tanks to make it worth their while to PUG.

Edited by jgelling

There is nothing in it that helps for grouping for specific Heroics. Because of that, in my eyes, it fails. They need to add more criteria that allows you to select Heroics you need on a planet, and group you up with people who need it too. Sadly, despite the transfers, I still can't find a group for H4s.

Haha was planning on leveling a new character...

so I Q up for Black Talon as a DPS.

Takes awhile...bout 20 mins or so...but that's cool because I can quest while waiting for the group. So of course the first group I get in wasn't a model one.

One person had not seen BT, it was their first time. So all the while this guy constantly tells them to 'SPACE SPACE SPACE!' and whines about not Q'ing up for FPs any more.

Of course later this guy Needs on a vibro knife and a Operative sniper gun. Luckily I got the knife but he screwed me out of the orange gear...as a Sith Jugg.

Whatever I guess. Just odd because never really had much of a problem with lack of patience and needing on everything in PUGs through chat.

But it works, so two thumbs up.

Edited by Crash-X

The system is very dependent on tanks and healers. The less tanks and healers there are the longer the que is. If you want fast ques be a tank or healer.

Its the same problem wow had.

Tank que time less then 1 minute

Healer que time less then 4 minutes

DPS que time 15-40 minutes and that is across servers.

My first experience with it was awful. Had to wait over an hour to get in a group for hammer station. I was on Ord Mantell doing my jedi knight quest there when I got the group so im thinking "alright about time" and use the instant travel to hammer station. Only when we are all there the guy designated as the healer says hes not speced to be a healer and leaves so the tank says "this sucks" and leaves, leaving me and the other dd with no healer or tank so he leaves too. Now i have to spend 10 minutes going through all the areas and load screens to get back to ord mantell to finish what i was doing because the fast travel only works one way and doesnt take you back to where you were.

Sounds more like a group that just dropped the ball,bad luck,a people problem not the LFG tool.

Those types of groups that just disband for whatever reason have been around for years...Its not always that way but it happens.

It's the most stupid solution possible.

Lets look at the general chat channel before 1.3. It was flooded with LFG comments. And those comments were ranging from looking for ALL herocis to ALL FPs and anything else we could think of that needed grouping.

Now? With this system?

How does chat channel look now? Almost the same. Still countless LFG comments. Why? We have new group finder!

I can only look for groups that are in my level range. What kind of "group finder" is that? If I want ot do lower level FPs and I can have lots of reasons to do that, I should be able to. What is the problem in allowing anyone to look for any group they want? Why put all those options into your tool and then gray them out?

If I saw someone looking for a group that was below my level and applied to that group I was invited. When those guys that were already in the group saw my level and IF they thought it was too high, I got kicked (in a nice way). But you are saying that people playing your game are stupid and don't know how to check someones stats.

If you are making something new and especially if it takes such a long time, make something that is useful for majority. Who makes these kind of decisions in BW. Accountants? PR people? Ignorant ones?

Just had another really bad experience.

I queued up on my Healer, got a HM Kaon group. I asked the group to skip movies, as Kaon takes a VERY long time otherwise. They proceeded to tell me they wanted to watch it. I left the group, saying "I am sorry, but I dont have the time for a full movie run of Kaon". What followed was 2 of the people whispering me calling me a "f'ing c**t", and the other telling me how I was going to have my name sprayed across the server as someone to ignore. Sure enough, as I got back to fleet, my name was being put through the mud.

Honestly, this just cant happen. I am going to be queue'ing for more flashpoints later tonight, and if I get kicked from any for my "bad reputation", then I call absolute ********. I thought that if I left, they could pick up a new healer more suited to their style, and I could wait the leave penalty, and hope to find a new group more suited to my style. Apparently not.

My level 18 Sorcerer queued as a dps on Drooga's Pleasure Barge this morning, not long after the servers came back up. I got about 20 minutes worth of questing in before the queue popped and I found myself teleported to Hammer Station. Good group, went fast, got my 5 Balmorra commendations for using the LFG tool (dummy me didn't grab the daily, otherwise I'd have got more). I then had to get on my work laptop for a spell and then later got on my 49 healing Operative, grabbed the daily and then queued as a healer...and 30 minutes later found myself in Red Reaper which I never got to do on any of my toons on the old dead servers. Again, another good group, and quick run. Got 5 daily commendations for using the LFG tool at that level, plus some Voss comms for turning in the daily. Had to take the wife out to dinner after that, but at the present time, I have a positive outlook, though I realize things can change a week or a month from now so the jury's still out. Didn't get to try it for any of my Republic toons on Harbinger.

Definitely mixed.

I had issues with the available queue options. Both my lvl 43 dps and lvl 25 healer only had one FP option each, and for an instance well below their level. I can see not letting people queue for instances that are 2-3 levels higher, but making me queue for instances 5-6 levels below my level seems odd.

I experimented with adding/dropping quests to see if that would open up new options, but it didn't seem to do much.

DPS had one queue pop after 20 min, but even with the two minute window to confirm, the other dps didn't accept and we were put back in queue. 40 min later, still no second pop and I gave up. Not sure if I'll bother again, given the long waits and the limited options.

Healer went a bit better, though initially had 0 FP options. Wanted MR; had to settle for Athiss as my only choice. Pretty fast pop. mDPS didn't seem to care about standing in aoe with the tank, but I was high enough level that it wasn't a big deal.

Terrible experience. Did random storymode ops with my guild, got EV. Completed the op, never got my black hole comms. Queue'd again solo (healer), sat in queue for two hours without it popping. Gave up.

This was the only feature in 1.3 I was looking forward to, so I'm very disappointed.

At first I could only queue for Boarding party. Deleted all FP missions and they all popped (bug was found in test but carried on to prod anyway it seems).

First queue as healer for 3 FP's took 20min. Good run.

Second queue, group popped after 5 seconds. "tank" had misqueued and left because he wasn't tank speced. But back in the queue on priority, and the tools found us a new tank. At the end one of our DPS had to leave us, lfg tool found us a new dps. So for me the tool seems to work fine.

I do however wonder why i takes so long to match a group for many. With full servers and tons of activity it should go pretty darn fast. So either a bug in the code or people have just not started using it full out yet.

Anyway, it looks and works awesome. Wish for shorter waits and that you are returned to your previous locations after finish. That would be perfect :)

It's the most stupid solution possible.

Lets look at the general chat channel before 1.3. It was flooded with LFG comments. And those comments were ranging from looking for ALL herocis to ALL FPs and anything else we could think of that needed grouping.

Now? With this system?

How does chat channel look now? Almost the same. Still countless LFG comments. Why? We have new group finder!

I can only look for groups that are in my level range. What kind of "group finder" is that? If I want ot do lower level FPs and I can have lots of reasons to do that, I should be able to. What is the problem in allowing anyone to look for any group they want? Why put all those options into your tool and then gray them out?

If I saw someone looking for a group that was below my level and applied to that group I was invited. When those guys that were already in the group saw my level and IF they thought it was too high, I got kicked (in a nice way). But you are saying that people playing your game are stupid and don't know how to check someones stats.

If you are making something new and especially if it takes such a long time, make something that is useful for majority. Who makes these kind of decisions in BW. Accountants? PR people? Ignorant ones?

Soon TM

working good, goot loot ninja ,he left and we find quaue almost instantly , no reset happen here like above poster said.

if you're waiting long enough try as tank, my sniper got me around 45 min , my tank .. instant popup

No no no. Only with cross realm are there loot ninjas... everyone is an angle when it is server only because of the close community feel and reputations on the line. :rolleyes:

My experience is VERY bad.

Waited nearly an hour for any of the level 50 options to pop on my DPS .. nothing.

Switch to my healer, after about 10 minutes a group formed. Second boss on FE, neither of the dps would hit the ship button, I was pulled away from it. One of our DPS died "Useless healer running around not healing" and quit. Group disbanded only to find out I was stuck on ILUM!! WHAT!!? Why not port me back to fleet.

USELESS!

Considering most people didn't get much time in FP before this patch I wouldn't doubt that people don't know what to do. I just hate it when you group with someone and they try to tell others how to play their class. One guy just kept talking and talking about the healer not playing good when no one ever died during the run. Also people knowing "tricks" and getting mad at people for not knowing them. Just shut up and play the game.

The real annoying thing for me is people watching all the cut scenes. I do not want to spend an extra 10 to 15 minutes waiting for people to watch those. When you enter a FP using LFG the dialogue skip option should running automatically. Just hit your response and let's get going.

If you are under level 50 it's going to take longer, this is pretty much common sense, there is less people looking for groups at lower levels then at 50.

If you are a DPS, at 50, it' going to take a bit, usually takes me around 10 minutes. This is also common sense, there is far more DPS then there is Tank and Healers.

If you are a DPS and under level 50, it's going to take a VERY LONG time, again common sense.

The group finder is working as intended and working great.

It's people that think they will get a group the moment they queue, the group finder has to have the people to put together a group. It's not a miracle worker.

If you are under 50, it's going to take a while, naturally. If you are a DPS it's going to take awhile, naturally, just like in every other MMO.

In WoW, with Cross-server transfers, it can take a DPS up to 20 minutes at max level to get a group, much longer with lower levels. It's the same concept people.

but if they aren't going to dual spec they need to bribe more healers and tanks to make it worth their while to PUG.

Field Respec is now in the game, this is no longer valid.

They can bribe them all they want. WoW does, and DPS still wait 30 minutes for a group.

It's not a problem it's just how the tool works, if you are DPS, your going to wait, it's part of the job.

Edited by Parkerdude

Field Respec is now in the game, this is no longer valid.

They can bribe them all they want. WoW does, and DPS still wait 30 minutes for a group.

It's not a problem it's just how the tool works, if you are DPS, your going to wait, it's part of the job.

Field respec? Isn't that hundreds of thousands of credits plus the cost of re-spec? That's a pretty trashy solution.

Yeah no. They need dual spec like every other MMO is doing. The future is breaking the walls between DPS, healer and tank, and SWTOR is behind the times.

Edited by jgelling

Field respec? Isn't that hundreds of thousands of credits plus the cost of re-spec? That's a pretty trashy solution.

Yeah no. They need dual spec like every other MMO is doing. The future is breaking the walls between DPS, healer and tank, and SWTOR is behind the times.

Field Respec is superior to dual spec in every single way imaginable.

You can spec in the middle of a flashpoint to one of your Three trees or even make a Hybrid to fit your groups need right then and there.

It's costs 200,000 credits to buy, just like Dual-Spec costs money to buy in other games. And it costs your normal respec costs, which are now TINY amounts of money.

I did it on The Shadowlands server and it was real quick. It was during peak hours. First one I chose was HM FP as a tank. Took 1 min and boom I'm in BP HM and we rip through that(mainly because they got rid of a lot of mobs). Next was the Operations. Took about 5 mins and we were off. No vent/mumble just straight text dialogue. It was stupid easy because everyone was well geared beyond the Op. Did KP SM through LFG tool and it was done really quick.

After that, I did reg Flashpoint. That took about 10 minutes for it to gather. Shoved us in Dir 7 and we blew past that.

No problems whatsoever. Got all the BH comms, daily comms, mission rewards, and it noted who I took down for the vehicles you can get. Awesome stuff so far.

For planets though, it never hit for me. Very easy to just ask who wanted to group than this thing. For FPs and Ops it works great.

I wanna see something added to the system, more mix with the classes and after x time and you don't get a pop it would rather add the same from a class to get going faster i was grouped with 3 Consulars 1 Sage & 2 Shadow and a Sentinel queue poped immidietly but to spread out the gear imagine 3 rolling on the same items it's not very funny.

Thinking we must have done it wrong when we qued for a storymode KP (Just to test it out). We made sure our roles were checked, unchecked the others... and it was strange.

Found one of our tanks and healers switched to dps (which was checked off) and another of our dps became marked as a tank instead. Like I said it may have been our fault somehow, but considering it even changed the role of the person that qued us up...

Other than that hiccup (and the first attempt where we got 5 tanks) it's been alright for me and my friends.

My experience never got past the Que interface but I have some things to say about it anyway.

I played my lv 22 Jedi Sentinel for 5 hours starting by trying to add myself to the lfg que.

First thing I notice is that I can not que as anything but DPS (seems obvious, but bare with me).

Second thing is that I can not que for Athiss which is the FP I need and have in my log to do, I can however que for Hammer Station which I did the day before and I don't have in my log. After reading some things on the forum I realize that I should try to abandon the FP and relog it. I went back to the fleet and did exactly that, but I could still not see Athiss. Then I realized that if I just abandon the FP and not relog it I can que for it! So it seems like I can't have the FP:s I want to do in my log because then I can't que for them, this seems completely stupid to me!

Third thing is that I can not que for a specific Heroic, just for the planet as a whole.

So I que for Taris as a whole, and for Athiss (after having removed it from the log). Then I go about doing my class quests and other on Taris.

After about an hour in the que and nothing happens, I start to think that the que may not work if you are not on the fleet, so I go back to the fleet, do some crafting and other things for about half an hour, but still no group. Now I notice that someone is LF1M Athiss in the general chat, since I need this I offer to join the group, but they can't invite me because I am in the LFG que (There could at least be an promt for me to leave the que when invited to a group). After leaving the que I am able to join the FP group.

Now comes my point about only being able to que as DPS... The group I join consists of among others a Tank at lv 24, I inspect this tank, and realize that my endurace, strenght, armor rating and pretty much everything else is higher than his. I am not sure what exactly is normal values, but I am in all orange (except waist and wrists) gear with the best purple craftable mods for my level. So as a DPS I have 450 str and 460 endurance (can't really remember my armor rating and am at work now so I can't check). Anyway, I could very well have acted as a tank in Athis (and I did most of the time since I got the threat for doing alot of damage) (sure I would lack some good to have abilities but in this case that would not matter that much)

I did the FP and then got back to Taris and added myself to the que for Taris and FP:s (Hammer Station and Athiss) just to hopefully do a FP again and try with a lfg group. But I played a couple of more hours and never got a group. In total I played about 5 hours, 4 of these I was in the que but never got a group.